Shoutbox

Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner (/showthread.php?tid=63535)

Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by High Speed Chaser on 07-18-2006 at 12:31 PM

the icon at the bottom right corner says i'm signed in when I'm not it is even the single green icon not the icon with the two people and the X

I have windows live messenger build 8.0.0792.00

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by Chris4 on 07-18-2006 at 12:33 PM

Could you take a screenshot?

Print Screen > paste to paint > save > upload to forums

Do you get an error message? What happens when you try and sign in?

Edit: Hmm, thats weird. I just signed out and it has the single green 'buddy' and when I hover over it, it says signed in. Must be a bug?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=697185]

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by High Speed Chaser on 07-18-2006 at 12:41 PM

yeah thats it does anyone know how to fix it?

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by andrey on 07-18-2006 at 12:54 PM

yes, confirmed

[Image: attachment.php?pid=697197]

btw, when I signed back in again, I got a "Welcome to Windows Live Messenger" screen (although i've disabled the live today popup in the preferences..)

Perhaps these things are somehow related to the connection problems..

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by RaceProUK on 07-18-2006 at 01:45 PM

Windows Live Messenger Feedback is the place to go.

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by Chris4 on 07-18-2006 at 01:47 PM

I reported all the errors and stuff I been getting today :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by NiteMare on 07-18-2006 at 02:03 PM

how dodgy, why has nobody noticed this yet:P

RE: Messenger Icon at the bottom right corner by Protocol on 07-19-2006 at 11:24 PM

I get a similar problem on all 3 of my PCs where WLM will sometimes show the “Online” icon in the system tray even though I have it set to “Appear Offline”.