Shoutbox

Will NOT sign in! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Will NOT sign in! (/showthread.php?tid=63551)

Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 05:24 PM

WLM wont even log me in today. Yesterday it took about 10-20 minutes, now its not working at all. I read that some people are having the same problem. Has there been a solution to this yet?

RE: Will NOT sign in! by matty on 07-18-2006 at 05:27 PM

Did you sign up for the Yahoo Interoperability Beta Testing?

If so goto ideas.live.com and get out of the beta.

RE: Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 05:28 PM

what do you mean get out of the beta?

RE: Will NOT sign in! by matty on 07-18-2006 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by soccer_dude_28
p.s it finally logged me in after 30 minutes but how can i make this quicker.. didnt understand your post, went to the site but what am i supposed to do?
Don't double post, use the edit button instead.

Did you sign up to be able to talk to Yahoo Messenger contacts through MSN Messenger?
RE: Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 05:32 PM

no i didnt, how do i do it?
i did add someone from yahoo last night though... is that what is causing the problem.. they were offline though and i sent them offline messages.

RE: Will NOT sign in! by matty on 07-18-2006 at 05:35 PM

quote:
no i didnt, how do i do it?
i did add someone from yahoo last night though... is that what is causing the problem.. they were offline though and i sent them offline messages.
No it is because sign up for that to be able to use Yahoo Contacts you connect to a new server that supports it.

So right now it is just server lag.
RE: Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 05:36 PM

RE: Will NOT sign in! by Jurassic_Ice on 07-18-2006 at 05:50 PM

this is driving everyone nuts lol

RE: Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 05:54 PM

well come on, he hasnt even answered my question!

RE: Will NOT sign in! by Rik on 07-18-2006 at 05:55 PM

i'm confused :s i had the same problem but i uninstalled MP!L and i can log in now :(

RE: Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 05:57 PM

its just that i cant log in.. like it takes absolutly FOREVER.. should i uninstall and re install it again?

RE: Will NOT sign in! by Jurassic_Ice on 07-18-2006 at 06:01 PM

quote:
its just that i cant log in.. like it takes absolutly FOREVER.. should i uninstall and re install it again?

that wont do anyhting, i tried...
RE: Will NOT sign in! by CookieRevised on 07-18-2006 at 06:06 PM

The Messenger servers and the new protocol are having hickups since a coulpe of days... It will be fixed when it will be fixed, meaning: patience, nobody can do anything about it...

Also, please search the forums before making threads (or at least simply look at the latest posts page in this case). This issue about connection problems has been posted gazillion times already and the answer is still the same: nobody can do anything about it, you need to have patience or revert back to MSN Messenger 7.x which uses an older protocol.

NOTE: uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger and/or Messenger Plus! will have absolutely no effect! (just as it has absolutely no effect in many other cases; reinstalling isn't the magic fix for everything. In fact, it is a fix for only a very very very little amount of problems... and that goes for almost all software)... (and if it had an effect it would have been just pure coincidence)... It is the servers and the new protocol which is having troubles.

;)

RE: Will NOT sign in! by Vi|2us. on 07-18-2006 at 06:06 PM

I dont get it :S De we need the yahoo thingy?

RE: Will NOT sign in! by soccer_dude_28 on 07-18-2006 at 06:12 PM

Ya whats the yahoo thing the other guy was talking about. Does it make a difference in signing in, or just talking to yahoo people. And even if its just to talk to yahoo people, where do I download it because thats why I downlaoded WLM in the first place.

RE: Will NOT sign in! by Ale on 07-18-2006 at 06:20 PM

Actually i think that the yahoo thing is what's causing the problem.

RE: Will NOT sign in! by CookieRevised on 07-19-2006 at 02:14 AM

Please refer to Connection Error from now on, its the same cause....