Shoutbox

default browser - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: default browser (/showthread.php?tid=63617)

default browser by Grim901 on 07-19-2006 at 04:34 PM

Could anyone tell me if there is or if they they plan to make a script allowing the default browser (Firefox for me) to be opened instead of IE when checking emails.

If you're really bored you could earn my eternal love and make one now.

Cheers,
Grim

RE: default browser by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 04:38 PM

Unfortuneately this isn't possible within the limits of the Messenger Plus! Live scripting system. It would require more than just a script, there would need to be a DLL to hook messenger itself.

PS: Search before asking ;)

RE: default browser by Grim901 on 07-19-2006 at 04:59 PM

You mean to search the list of scripts?

I did that and was just checking that i hadn't missed it.

Thanks for the help anyway.

RE: default browser by Keikonium on 07-19-2006 at 05:15 PM

Searching the fourms I think is what he meant. The question has been asked before, but cloudhunter reanswered it. It's currently not possible. We will have to wait for StuffPlug3 :).

RE: default browser by BstrdSmkr on 07-19-2006 at 05:19 PM

just a random thought --   could this be done using toasts (which would open the default browser)?  it would require that the user turn off WLM's email notification, but would still serve the purpose. or am i missing something?

RE: default browser by cloudhunter on 07-19-2006 at 05:29 PM

@Keikonium: Yeah thats what I meant, search the forums ;)

@BstrdSmkr: Well it COULD but the script would have to check Hotmail email itself... When there is little point in rechecking :P Also when the toast was clicked, it wouldn't be automatically logged in like it would be if it was a true intercept. Too much effort for too little gain IMO.

My advice? Wait for StuffPlug 3 as Keikonium said ;)

Cloudy

RE: default browser by BstrdSmkr on 07-19-2006 at 05:49 PM

honestly i don't even use hotmail lol.  just ask as a curiosity, more proof of concept than anything :D