Shoutbox

MSN Sign In Error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN Sign In Error (/showthread.php?tid=63621)

MSN Sign In Error by Tracer-Bullet on 07-19-2006 at 06:23 PM

Hi, I just tried to log into Windows Live Messenger today and got this error message "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error Code : 8100030d" How do I fix this as I know the service isn't down as my friends ar on it? Thanks.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by user27089 on 07-19-2006 at 06:58 PM

You'll just have to wait unfortunately. It's not something that can be fixed by anything (other than changing the server that you're on, which isn't really worth the hassle of finding the software to do so).

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Tracer-Bullet on 07-19-2006 at 07:16 PM

Well o.k, thanks for the info. Do you know how long I'll have to wait? Thanks.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by RaceProUK on 07-20-2006 at 09:02 AM

Have you run the Connection Troubleshooter?

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Tracer-Bullet on 07-20-2006 at 09:36 AM

No I haven't.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by RaceProUK on 07-20-2006 at 11:52 AM

Try it: it may fix the problem.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Tracer-Bullet on 07-20-2006 at 04:20 PM

I ran it and all the ticks were green but it still didn't work.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Eljay on 07-20-2006 at 04:24 PM

that error is related to the yahoo interop beta and zonealarm which seems to block the new protocol it uses, just opt out from the beta at http://ideas.live.com and you will be able to sign in :)

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Tracer-Bullet on 07-21-2006 at 03:31 PM

So I basically need to downgrade?

I downgraded to the 7.5 version but it still doesn't work. Now it logs me in for about 2 seconds then it automaticaly log's out and says it's lost the connection trying to reastablish. Is there anyway to fix this?
RE: MSN Sign In Error by Nuttynick* on 07-23-2006 at 11:42 PM

Hi,

I am having the same problem i keep getting the same error box come up sayin "signing into windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. please try again later"

But i have had windows live messenger working before but it just randomly stopped so i went back to messenger 7.5 and now i have downloaded it again i am getting the same thing .

Is this the same matter just a have to wait because when i troubleshoot it, it finds no problems.

Nick.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by qgroessl on 07-23-2006 at 11:46 PM

You, too probably have to wait. If you're on 7.5 and it's not working, there's not much you can do really.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by ftdesign on 07-24-2006 at 02:37 AM

Hello people... I'm Fabio and live in Brazil...

Well... I having the same problem... I try many options for resolve this "bug"... back other versions the MSN Live... and no... no work...

I resolve back to the MSN 7.5...  it's Ok... Working... if want use the MSN for talk... try to use the Windows Messenger (default in the Win XP) for a test...

PS.: The services the MSN Live this days having some problem in the servers like contact in the list... bla bla... I read on Microsoft's blog.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Nuttynick* on 07-24-2006 at 08:52 AM

But i can sign in on other computers with messenger live and it works fine and other people can sign in on it on my computer its just my acount that wont work on here .

Is there something i have to download ? or isit it just screwed ?

Nick.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by confuzed_soul_ on 07-24-2006 at 05:49 PM

I am having the same problem - i tried to use ebuddy and it worked fine even with the msn own webmessenger it was fine so i uninstalled msn and plus and reinstalled wml and i could sign in then i reinstalledt he lastest plus and i got an error - tried again and was able to sign in! Finally i patched it and now am able to get in without problems!

RE: MSN Sign In Error by Nuttynick* on 07-24-2006 at 09:24 PM

What is "WML" and can you give in detail what you did to get it working if it's not a problem because im stuck using windows messenger and its basically just poo

Nick.

RE: MSN Sign In Error by confuzed_soul_ on 07-24-2006 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by confuzed_soul_
I am having the same problem - i tried to use ebuddy and it worked fine even with the msn own webmessenger it was fine so i uninstalled msn and plus and reinstalled wml and i could sign in then i reinstalledt he lastest plus and i got an error - tried again and was able to sign in! Finally i patched it and now am able to get in without problems!
quote:
Originally posted by Nuttynick*
What is "WML" and can you give in detail what you did to get it working if it's not a problem because im stuck using windows messenger and its basically just poo

Nick.
wml = wlm i just wrote it in wrong Windows live messenger - just excacttly what i said above - i first tested to see if my account was corupted as my other account had no problem signing in onto my computer (just a note i have yahoo concats one this problmed acct) I tested my acct using ebuddy and wlm own web messenger which indicated to me that my contact list wasnt lost and wasnt messed up.

SO next i repaired WLM - rebooted
Still not working so next i removed Plus!
Then it started to work then i reinstalled Plus!
Still worked then i patched it useing mess patch
And thankfully it still works!!! *knocks on wood*

could be those yahoo contacts i have added but they are still there!