Shoutbox

Someone get me a program... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Someone get me a program... (/showthread.php?tid=63647)

Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:01 AM

...which will send a virus to those guys at MSN! Seriously guys! How the ---- can they make an instant messaging program (WLM) which won't let you add contacts back if you've deleted by accident! It's so ------- unfair! Why can't you ------- add contacts back if you've deleted them by accident?!?!? Otherwise someone make a ------- program that'll let you add contacts back if you've deleted them by accident! Sorry for swearing like mad, but it just makes me pissed!!!!

RE: Someone get me a program... by NiteMare on 07-20-2006 at 06:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DanZie Boy
...which will send a virus to those guys at MSN! Seriously guys!
i don't think so

try asking nicly for solutions to your problems
RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:13 AM

I can't ask nicely! It just makes me pissed how they can make an IM program which won't allow you to add a contact back if you deleted them by accident!!!

RE: Someone get me a program... by Weyzza on 07-20-2006 at 06:17 AM

I think I can guess that you're a type of person who often gets virus from surfing on the Internet.

quote:
a ------- program that'll let you add contacts back if you've deleted them by accident!
I bet you didn't know that "the guys at MSN," who you wish get viruses, took care of that!

Tools>Options>Privacy>View... (next to "See who has added you to their contact list).
Right click on the name you want to add back to your contact list> Add to Contacts

Now, THANK "those guys at MSN" for creating a nice application for you.
RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:23 AM

Oh yeah? Well, here's the screenshot to prove it! Look at the ------- red information box!!!

RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:31 AM

Well you obviously have a counterfeit version of WLM, since that doesn't exist in the version I've got!!!!!

RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:34 AM

Right! That does it! I'm switching back to MSN 7.5 until those bastards implement something that allows you to add contacts back if you delete them by accident!

RE: Someone get me a program... by welshboy222 on 07-20-2006 at 06:43 AM

Dazmatic try not to spam and DanZie Boy cool down man.

RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:45 AM

Cool down?!? Cool down?!?!? How the hell can I when I'm extremely pissed off?!?! I'm gonna make those bastards at MSN pay!!! How dare they not allow you to add a contact back if you deleted them by accident!

RE: Someone get me a program... by welshboy222 on 07-20-2006 at 06:47 AM

DanZie Boy, this is msn's forum and if you ask nicely they do something about it :)

RE: RE: Someone get me a program... by segosa on 07-20-2006 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
DanZie Boy, this is msn's forum and if you ask nicely they do something about it :)

... no. This is the MsgPlus forum.
RE: RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I think I can guess that you're a type of person who often gets virus from surfing on the Internet.

quote:
a ------- program that'll let you add contacts back if you've deleted them by accident!
I bet you didn't know that "the guys at MSN," who you wish get viruses, took care of that!

Tools>Options>Privacy>View... (next to "See who has added you to their contact list).
Right click on the name you want to add back to your contact list> Add to Contacts

Now, THANK "those guys at MSN" for creating a nice application for you.
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
Go to the bottom of your WLM and there should be a bit that says non instant messaging contacts, it should be there:P

if it is delete it and add it again.

[Image: 20i7ujb.jpg]
have you tried any of them.....

Yes! And none of them have worked! Fuck you MSN! And fuck you too Windows Live! If this Windows Live bullshit never came in the first place this wouldn't have fucking happened!!!
RE: Someone get me a program... by welshboy222 on 07-20-2006 at 06:54 AM

Well they are connected anyway someone wouldn't like it if you were bad mouthing on their forum.

RE: Someone get me a program... by John Anderton on 07-20-2006 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Cool down?!? Cool down?!?!? How the hell can I when I'm extremely pissed off?!?! I'm gonna make those bastards at MSN pay!!! How dare they not allow you to add a contact back if you deleted them by accident!
They do allow you to add contacts again :dodgy:

I think you have a virus on your pc. The one which deletes your contact list or something :-/

quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=698742]
You already have that guy on your list. He isnt deleted. Use the search function to find him.

Please read properly .... it says you already have that person on your list. Each address must be unique meaning you can only add a person once. After which you cant add him (if he is already there)
If he was deleted you could add him again. Yes you can.
Trust me, a lot of people have already done this. You aint the first person.
RE: Someone get me a program... by markee on 07-20-2006 at 07:12 AM

quote:
If this Windows Live bullshit never came in the first place this wouldn't have fucking happened!!!
And you wouldn't be able to use it at all.  If you are going to say something like that just think about it.  It might not have happened but not being able to use msn/wlm at all is worse than having some problems with it.  Btw have you emailed someone from the messenger part of microsoft or done anything about it that way? I'm sure they would have more answers than forums and other internet pages.
RE: RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 07:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
They do allow you to add contacts again :dodgy:

I think you have a virus on your pc. The one which deletes your contact list or something :-/

quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=698742]
You already have that guy on your list. He isnt deleted. Use the search function to find him.

Please read properly .... it says you already have that person on your list. Each address must be unique meaning you can only add a person once. After which you cant add him (if he is already there)
If he was deleted you could add him again. Yes you can.
Trust me, a lot of people have already done this. You aint the first person.

Yes I can?!?!? How the fuck can I?!?!?!?
RE: Someone get me a program... by John Anderton on 07-20-2006 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Yes I can?!?!? How the fuck can I?!?!?!?
Use the SEARCH FEATURE that WLM has
HE ISNT DELETED FROM YOUR LIST!!!!
RE: Someone get me a program... by DanZie Boy on 07-20-2006 at 07:24 AM

Well, you see, the problem is, I removed the search box by using A-Patch... so that I could highlight the contact I wanted without typing in the search box...

RE: Someone get me a program... by CookieRevised on 07-20-2006 at 09:58 AM

Seeing your other posts and threads from past and now this I strongly suggest to first fix the major cause of all these problems: your attitude.

tbh, you can be pissed of for all I care, but if people help you with proper solutions (or rather suggestions in what todo, as mostly the only problem is that you don't seem to know how to use Messenger; or even understanding a warning note on top of add-contact panel), maybe you should follow their advise. This also includes giving proper details if you ask for help, and accepting the help you get.

As stated many times before, you didn't deleted the contact, the contact is still there, look for it in your list. And if you patch messenger you need to understand that patching can cause problems and bugs. You should use a patch on your own responsebility, you can not blame the the creators of messenger for something you've messed up.

RE: Someone get me a program... by TomRed on 07-20-2006 at 11:18 AM

quote:
Well, you see, the problem is, I removed the search box by using A-Patch... so that I could highlight the contact I wanted without typing in the search box...

He patched it and now he's bitchin', whinin' 'n' swearin'.. Methinks your messenger privileges should be revoked :)

RE: Someone get me a program... by Felu on 07-20-2006 at 11:33 AM

• Remove the Patch, then use the search box for the contact.

• Ull see an address book kindia thing in front of the contact nickname.

• Rigth Click on that contact.

• Chose Edit Contact an tick "Use with WLM".

Problem should be solved.
Adding screenshots