Shoutbox

Contact Is Typing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Contact Is Typing (/showthread.php?tid=63655)

Contact Is Typing by Vimto on 07-20-2006 at 09:23 AM

Do you know the way you can see when your contact is writing a message. Well can you make a script so that you can see what the contact is actually writing when they are typing it. Becuase it really annoys me when it says they are writing but they don't actually send a message. I don't know if this is possible but let me know. Thankz

RE: Contact Is Typing by Menthix on 07-20-2006 at 09:26 AM

This is not possible. What they are typing doesn't get sent until the press enter/send button.

RE: Contact Is Typing by Felu on 07-20-2006 at 09:31 AM

But you can disable it alltogether with Mess Patch or A-Patch I.e. you wont see a message the user is typing a message

RE: Contact Is Typing by Volv on 07-20-2006 at 10:41 AM

More importantly, would you like someone to know what you are typing before youve sent it? The send button exists for a reason...

RE: Contact Is Typing by AmbulanceX on 07-20-2006 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JI don't understand why people would want to know what the person is typing BEFORE they have sent the message...that's like knowing what somebody is thinking before they say anything.[/quote

yeah, being able to know what someone is thinking would be mad. yeah this is impossable, but imagine how rad it would be to know, so many would get cought up, i write fucked up shit as a joke all the time and never send it, if people knew ha ha.
RE: Contact Is Typing by John Anderton on 07-20-2006 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
But you can disable it alltogether with Mess Patch or A-Patch I.e. you wont see a message the user is typing a message
but thats not what was asked so will you stop spamming?