Shoutbox

How to prevent Ipod Sevice from starting when opening Itunes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How to prevent Ipod Sevice from starting when opening Itunes (/showthread.php?tid=63656)

How to prevent Ipod Sevice from starting when opening Itunes by alegator on 07-20-2006 at 09:35 AM

I always see that when opening Itunes for Windows Xp, the Ipod Service starts in the background. So in order to close this task I have to stop this service by going to Administrative Services/Ipod Services. Even if I choose to disable the service, it will start when opening Itunes. Is there any way to tweak Itunes so that the Ipod Service (and its corresponding background task) does not start each time? Thanks.

RE: How to prevent Ipod Sevice from starting when opening Itunes by alegator on 07-20-2006 at 12:36 PM

I don't think you understood. I meant the other way around, starting Itunes without the Ipod Service running in the background. I don't own an Ipod, I just use Itunes as a media player/organizer.

RE: How to prevent Ipod Sevice from starting when opening Itunes by aNILEator on 07-20-2006 at 03:41 PM

same and waht the hell is ituneshelper?

RE: How to prevent Ipod Sevice from starting when opening Itunes by lizard.boy on 07-20-2006 at 03:47 PM

iTunes helper is what opens iTunes when you plug in an iPod, i always just delete the startup item cause you really dont need it.