Shoutbox

iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] (/showthread.php?tid=63673)

iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by [Sebek] on 07-20-2006 at 02:02 PM

iPod Video

[Image: ipodvideo1ic6.png]

[Image: ipodwh0.jpg]

Overview
- Ultra thin design
- 2.5-inch color LCD (320x240; 65k)
- Up to 20 hours of music playback
- Up to 4 hours of slideshows with music
- Up to 3 hours of video playback

Audio support
- AAC
- Protected AAC (iTunes)
- MP3 and MP3 VBR
- Audible
- Apple Lossless
- WAV
- AIFF

Video support
- H.264 video
- Baseline Profile with AAC-LC stereo
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 mbps
- Simple Profile with AAC-LC stereo
- MOV files

Size (in mm)
- 104 x 61 x 11

Weight
- 136 g

Creative Zen Vision:M

[Image: lowreszenvisionm8ox9.jpg]

[Image: zenvisionmblackc2rn1.jpg]

Overview
- Thicker design
- 2.5-inch color LCD (320x240; 262k)
- FM Radio
- Up to 14 hours playtime (MP3)
- Up to 8 hours playtime (WMA)
- Up to 4 hours of video playback
- Up to 14 hours FM radio playtime

Audio support
- MP3
- WMA
- WAV

Video support
- DivX4 & 5
- XviD
- MPEG-1
- MPEG-2
- MPEG4-SP
- WMV9

Size (in mm)
104 x 62 x 18.6

Weight
163g

That are the facts. In a first look an iPod is the ONE :P It's sophisticated, awesome looking and it leads edge of mp3 players. Also it's well know all over the world and there are thousands of gadgets for it. But on another hand we have Creative's player which isn't so sexy like predecessor but it has a lot of features that iPod hasn't. And that's the question.

Which one should I take?

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M by alexp2_ad on 07-20-2006 at 02:10 PM

As a music player, I'm very happy with my standard iPod, and I wouldn't pay for either of these to have video playback.  But if I had the cash...

It'd have to be the creative zen for the vastly superior video format support.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M by John Anderton on 07-20-2006 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
As a music player, I'm very happy with my standard iPod, and I wouldn't pay for either of these to have video playback.  But if I had the cash...
Actually the sony walkman series is better. Try out a Sony NW-A608 (2GB) sometime ;)

Waaaaay more battery life, waaaaay quicker recharging and better sound quality, looks etc as well ;)
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M by alexp2_ad on 07-20-2006 at 02:24 PM

I just said I'm very happy with what I've got, why would I want to go out and buy something else, especially when it has 10% of the capacity.  :S

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M by John Anderton on 07-20-2006 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
I just said I'm very happy with what I've got, why would I want to go out and buy something else, especially when it has 10% of the capacity.  :S
There are higher capacity ones too 8-)
Im just saying that you might want to consider as well sony next time :)

tbh if i wanted video id rather go for a nokia n93 than either of these. n93 is hawt!
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by steVenB on 07-24-2006 at 01:17 AM

My ipod is the best purchase I have made in a long time.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by MC Inferno on 07-24-2006 at 01:50 AM

i want an ipod again :'(

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by albert on 07-24-2006 at 03:13 AM

Creative owns, once again.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Voldemort on 07-24-2006 at 03:17 AM

i have an ipod video, if you are going for the 4 gig nano, for 50 dollars more, buy the ipod video, not for the video, but for the space
4 gigs is too small for me
but 30 is too big..
better more than less...

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by YottabyteWizard on 07-24-2006 at 06:01 AM

iPod, i don't like Creative's Navigation system. It's so... bad...

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Nathan on 07-24-2006 at 07:56 AM

iPod has extras like linux! That I dont think you can get for creative. But sony has better sound quality than any other mp3. Sony are always the leading edge. (In my opinion)

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by [Sebek] on 07-31-2006 at 02:32 PM

iPod rulez!

Finally I've got my own one and that is my best choice for a long period of time!
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Rik on 07-31-2006 at 04:35 PM

the ipod is better, is more user friendly :P

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by GiantSpider on 07-31-2006 at 04:48 PM

To be honest, I don't mind the video quality of the iPod, you get used to it. You get a half decent video converter and the format aint a problem. Overall I like it, but I've never tried the Creative.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by absorbation on 07-31-2006 at 04:51 PM

The iPod is fashionable (everyone knows what it is), and it supports AAC format. That's why I prefer the iPod :).

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Stigmata on 07-31-2006 at 05:42 PM

creative zen vision really is shit compared to the ipod video..

i have a ipod video, and a mate has a vision m...

even he agrees with me :P

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by foaly on 07-31-2006 at 05:47 PM

this is a pointless discussion...

why would anyone buy an ipod video???
if you want video buy a Archos av700..
that way you can really see the video...

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by saralk on 07-31-2006 at 06:48 PM

i'd wait until the WWDC when Steve Jobs is predicted to unveil the new iPod Video, which will have a full sized widescreen, and will coincide with the Apple Online Movie Rental service.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by user27089 on 07-31-2006 at 07:02 PM

I have an iPod Video and I love it, it's excellent.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Negro_Joe on 07-31-2006 at 07:45 PM

i dont have either os i dont care..

:spam:

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by vaccination on 07-31-2006 at 07:59 PM

I would definitely go for the ipod because the creatives are hard to use my sister has one and it is the most complicated thing in the world. It's just not as user friendly as the ipod.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by [Sebek] on 08-01-2006 at 01:04 PM

iPod is somethin' more than a music player... it's a worlwide sign of style! It might leaks in video but with that style... it indemnifies everything!

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by dannyboy06 on 08-03-2006 at 07:47 PM

vision m is the clear winer
i had mine over a mouth now
ipod video is rubbish and should be refort by apple
its to skinny
feels so fragile in hand
buy vision m
there both the same price !
and vision m playes more than for and a half hours
i got about 6 hours out of mine!
vision m is the future
ipods need a rethink

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Voldemort on 08-03-2006 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dannyboy06
ipod video is rubbish and should be refort by apple
its to skinny
feels so fragile in hand

belive me, its quite sturdy...
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by [Sebek] on 08-12-2006 at 01:07 PM

"Think Secret can confirm recent rumblings that Apple is nearing completion of a completely revamped video iPod that will shed the ubiquitous mechanical click wheel for a touch screen and will sport a 3.5-inch diagonal display"

My iPod Video is really good but I can't wait for the new one ;)

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by tomfletcherman on 08-12-2006 at 08:42 PM

The problem here is that apple have found the best control solution probably (one piece that scrolls and has playback controls) so it going to take another company forever to find a superior alternative. Saying this, I'd still go with the creative for video formats, fm tuner and voice recorder (and I believe the ability to record from radio).

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Kenji on 08-12-2006 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
not really, id rather use actual buttons then a crap circle.
Yeah apple scroll wheels suck, mine fucked up about a month after i got it :sad:
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by paperless on 08-12-2006 at 11:49 PM

Im buying an iPod video in christmas.
Creative zen may have more features but it is not as sexy as iPod (its not ugly tho).

Conclursion:

Creative: You pay for features, cheaper.
iPod: You pay for design, more expensive.

You choose.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by hosey on 08-13-2006 at 12:00 AM

get an iPod alot better! i want 1 but friends of mine have got them and i like them! the only thing i hate about itunes is that you need to install iTunes when i dont like it that much! now i wish i waited to get an ipod instead of a MP3 player that is huge

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by paperless on 08-13-2006 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hosey
get an iPod alot better!

Thats very specific..
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Dr4g0n on 08-14-2006 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
iPod has extras like linux!

Only the 3rd gen and earlier, it's not been made for the 4th gen or the video (5th gen).

quote:
Originally posted by http://ipodlinux.org/FAQ
Currently the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation iPods are supported in release version. The iPod mini, 4th generation iPods (including U2 version), Photo iPods, and the Nano are in development. Details on which devices are supported can be seen on the project status page.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by paperless on 08-14-2006 at 07:17 PM

quote:
wrong.

Creative: You pay for features and great quality
iPod: You pay for a glossy white peice of crap

there are so many better players out then iPoo:
creative, archos, rio, toshiba, sandisk, iriver

you are clearly anti-apple therefore you are not objective.
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Thor on 08-14-2006 at 07:41 PM

I really like iPod, still Creative have some very good players, so I'm not sure which side to join. 8-)

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by [Sebek] on 06-02-2007 at 04:03 PM

it's been a long time since I bought my iPod Video, and now it's time for conclusions. i will never buy another hard drive based pmp or mp3 player. Currently I'm playing around with my brand new Cowon D2 and I going to forgot my ipod video :) flash players is the way to go :)

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by Dr4g0n on 06-02-2007 at 04:16 PM

That's all very well and good, but I need capacity. =[

Although I agree that the Cowon players are amazing.

RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by linx05 on 06-03-2007 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [Sebek]
That are the facts. In a first look an iPod is the ONE :P It's sophisticated, awesome looking and it leads edge of mp3 players. Also it's well know all over the world and there are thousands of gadgets for it. But on another hand we have Creative's player which isn't so sexy like predecessor but it has a lot of features that iPod hasn't. And that's the question.
Ipod was also named Australias worst product because it is, well, to put it bluntly, crap. I still don't understand why people buy iPods. Is because they want to be 'cool'? Or they do not simply know better?

quote:
wrong.

Creative: You pay for features and great quality
iPod: You pay for a glossy white peice of crap

there are so many better players out then iPoo:
creative, archos, rio, toshiba, sandisk, iriver
Agreed! I have a iRiver which has served me greatly. My brothers have a Creative and Sandisk all really good aswell. I haven't heard much about Archos, Rio and Toshiba but the first three products I mentioned I give A+ in my book.
RE: iPod Video vs. Creative Zen Vision:M [Leave Your Opinion!!!] by albert on 06-03-2007 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Ipod was also named Australias worst product because it is, well, to put it bluntly, crap. I still don't understand why people buy iPods. Is because they want to be 'cool'? Or they do not simply know better?

Fashion + sleek design.