Shoutbox

Is there a script that can record chat log and create a new case in the CRM system? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Is there a script that can record chat log and create a new case in the CRM system? (/showthread.php?tid=63675)

Is there a script that can record chat log and create a new case in the CRM system? by trendmsn on 07-20-2006 at 03:50 PM

hi,everyone
i just want to know if there is a script which can do the following job.
It can record whatever msn chat log i want,and then automatically create a new case in the CRM system (eg:siebel) and put the record into it.
(i am sorry,my english is poor):(

RE: need help by Daj on 07-20-2006 at 04:05 PM

I may be wrong but:
A "new case" in Siebel is just some data inserted into a database, isn't it?

So, if I'm right, it's possible, as long as you know exactly what to insert into the DB.

I haven't tried to connect to a DB from a script yet, but it should be possible, at least with a DLL.

RE: Is there a script that can record chat log and create a new case in the CRM system? by RaceProUK on 07-20-2006 at 04:07 PM

Connecting to a DB in JScript is quite easy really. Microsoft scripting languages have access to ADO, which can be used to interface to any database you have a driver for.

RE: Is there a script that can record chat log and create a new case in the CRM syste by Daj on 07-20-2006 at 04:19 PM

@RaceProUK : Merci :) I'll remeber it when I need it :)

@trendmsn : So it is possible if you know what to insert in the DB (which may be the tough part :s)