Shoutbox

WLM+Yahoo problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM+Yahoo problems (/showthread.php?tid=63681)

WLM+Yahoo problems by dbgarza on 07-20-2006 at 04:53 PM

Hello, anyone here is having a weird problem with the Windows Live Messenge + Yahoo operability?

The problem is the following, you can add the yahoo contacts on WLM and viceversa but you only get the notification of that someone added your Yahoo account in WLM but if you add a WLM contact to the contact list on the Yahoo Messenger you don't get any notification that the yahoo contact added you.

Also the status on both sides is messed, if you sign in on Yahoo messenger the WLM contacts appear as offline even though they are online and viceversa.

I think the error is on the yahoo side because in the yahoo portal it isn't showing the notification of when I have new mails on my yahoo account, while with other of my yahoo accounts I don't have signed in the beta of WLM+Yahoo the notification is working correctly.

RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by Chris4 on 07-20-2006 at 07:01 PM

Send an e-mail to Windows Live Messenger Feedback.

quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Also the status on both sides is messed, if you sign in on Yahoo messenger the WLM contacts appear as offline even though they are online and viceversa.
You could try making an Events Notification via Plus! Preferences for the Yahoo contact. That should work.
RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by dbgarza on 07-20-2006 at 08:04 PM

I already posted the problem on Windows Live Messenger blog, but I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem, so far in the blog of WLM (Inside Windows Live Messenger) another couple of people posted this problem.

Oh and thanks for the suggestion of the even notification via plus that can work while this problem is fixed :)

RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by Chris4 on 07-20-2006 at 08:07 PM

Ok... no problem :)

RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by qgroessl on 07-20-2006 at 08:09 PM

Also remember that the WLM+Yahoo! integration is in it's Beta stages... so expect some bugs... although WLM is final, the part where you can talk to your Yahoo! contacts is indeed beta...

Got an invitation email today :p...

RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by Chris4 on 07-20-2006 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Got an invitation email today :P...

Same :P
RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by NiteMare on 07-20-2006 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Got an invitation email today :P...

Same :P
silly noobs, you don't need an invitation, that was just an e-mail telling you that it exists:P
RE: WLM+Yahoo problems by dbgarza on 07-20-2006 at 08:30 PM

Well so far seems that is returning back to normal, the status problem is solved now it shows correctly whenever the contact is online or offline, now the only little issue they need to deal with is that the Windows Live Messenger users doesn't get the notification of that someone added them to a Yahoo Messenger Contact list :P

But hey at least is a very tiny thing now :P