Shoutbox

Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) (/showthread.php?tid=63776)

Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by Keikonium on 07-22-2006 at 10:57 AM

When I first installed Plus! (the day it came out) my chat logs were VERY small. Like in this screenshot:
Click Here
(Blurred this image just a bit :P)

See how the text is VERY tiny? Its almost impossible to read. Is this what it is supposed to be like? I would like it bigger so I can actually read it :).

RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by Veggie on 07-22-2006 at 11:02 AM

hold down control and roll your mouse wheel to change the size of the text

RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by Keikonium on 07-22-2006 at 11:07 AM

Perfect :D. Thanks Veggie ^__^

*adds you to list of people to give a rep to when I get 100 posts lol*

RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by stuartbennett on 07-22-2006 at 02:26 PM

i have used plus and never had trouble reading chat logs and i only have 10% vision LOL. see the attachment. by the way i tryed the hold ctrl thing and that didnt change anything for me (just thought id test incase i learned something i never knew) maybe my text looks bigger because i use 800x600 screen resolution.

RE: RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by DarkBlue on 11-30-2007 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie

what if that doesnt work? it works for firefox tho...

[Image: errrmcn8.th.jpg]
RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by prashker on 11-30-2007 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkBlue
quote:
Originally posted by Veggie

what if that doesnt work? it works for firefox tho...

[Image: errrmcn8.th.jpg]

Try pressing

Control+ (Plus Key) or (Minus Key) on your keyboard.

Beside the Backspace usually :p.
RE: RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by DarkBlue on 12-01-2007 at 05:39 PM

Try pressing

Control+ (Plus Key) or (Minus Key) on your keyboard.

Beside the Backspace usually :p.

ahh not working either, might try reinstalling tho :o)
RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by ahmetgns on 12-12-2007 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Reinstalling will not solve the problem because Log Viewer uses Internet Explorer's resources to view logs (or something similar to this)
The method below can solve the problem:
Re: Log font size problem

I think, there is a difference between IE7 and previous versions of IE so "Ctrl+Mouse whell" method doesn't work for IE7 (I may be wrong on this though)
RE: RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by djdannyp on 12-12-2007 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Reinstalling will not solve the problem because Log Viewer uses Internet Explorer's resources to view logs (or something similar to this)
The method below can solve the problem:
Re: Log font size problem

I think, there is a difference between IE7 and previous versions of IE so "Ctrl+Mouse whell" method doesn't work for IE7 (I may be wrong on this though)

Ctrl + Mouse Wheel does work in IE7, there's also a purpose built zoom function in the bottom right corner of the window
RE: RE: RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by ahmetgns on 12-12-2007 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Ctrl + Mouse Wheel does work in IE7, there's also a purpose built zoom function in the bottom right corner of the window
Right, I tested Ctrl+wheel thing and it worked. I admit I didn't bother to test it before because when I use this combination in Log Viewer of MsgPlus!, it (still) doesn't work :S so I supposed that it will not work in IE7 itself.
RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by CookieRevised on 12-13-2007 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
When I first installed Plus! (the day it came out) my chat logs were VERY small. Like in this screenshot:
Click Here
(Blurred this image just a bit :P)

See how the text is VERY tiny? Its almost impossible to read. Is this what it is supposed to be like? I would like it bigger so I can actually read it :).

If you want it larger you can use the "Ctrl+Scroll Button" method.

But be advised that you must first click in the actual view area of the log viewer; You need to set the focus to the MSIE control first.

Also, on larger log files, it can take a while for the view to adjust.

The new size will be remembered next time you open the log viewer.
RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by ahmetgns on 12-13-2007 at 07:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you want it larger you can use the "Ctrl+Scroll Button" method.

But be advised that you must first click in the actual view area of the log viewer; You need to set the focus to the MSIE control first.

Also, on larger log files, it can take a while for the view to adjust.

The new size will be remembered next time you open the log viewer.
Sorry CookieRevised, let me reply instead of Keikonium, because I don't think he would come to reply in a thread which he created more than one year ago. (maybe you wanted to quote from DarkBlue but you pressed on wrong button, whatever...

Even if I focused on the view area of Log viewer, I still can't get the wheel method work there. But in IE7 itself, it works fine.

Could it be because of the Microsoft's mouse program IntelliPoint 5.3 which I installed on my computer from the CD that accompanied with my wireless mouse, because I can set different tasks than the default ones for each mouse button.
RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by CookieRevised on 12-13-2007 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Sorry CookieRevised, let me reply instead of Keikonium, because I don't think he would come to reply in a thread which he created more than one year ago. (maybe you wanted to quote from DarkBlue but you pressed on wrong button, whatever...
Nah, I wanted to reply to Keikonium, and anybody else who reads this thread.

As I didn't saw anything about clicking in the actual window, which is rather important because otherwise it would never work at all, and it's a understandable thing to forget or not know.

quote:
Could it be because of the Microsoft's mouse program IntelliPoint 5.3 which I installed on my computer from the CD that accompanied with my wireless mouse, because I can set different tasks than the default ones for each mouse button.
maybe, it could be, dunno. Though I would find it strange that it would work in MSIE itself but not in the MSIE control if it was caused by that.
RE: Chat Logs WAY To Small (Included Image) by ahmetgns on 12-13-2007 at 08:30 AM

What I coudn't understand is why you replied to Keikonium although he could solve his problem after Veggie's reply in the same day, look

quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
Perfect :D. Thanks Veggie ^__^

*adds you to list of people to give a rep to when I get 100 posts lol*
So I thought you wanted to give a hint to DarkBlue because he says
quote:
What if that doesn't work...
Yet, thanks for that info, it will be useful for people who canot think focusing in view area.