Shoutbox

Help error message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help error message (/showthread.php?tid=63785)

Help error message by or4ngecrush on 07-22-2006 at 01:00 PM

I don't know much about Messenger Live Plus but was having problems with my Messenger Live it installs but when opened it displays (Oxc0000005) I was wondering if I'm missing something for it to open. I wanted to maybe install Windows Messenger Plus Live! to see if it would fix the problem? Does anyone know what to do? Also I don't know if I want to install Windows Messenger Plus Live can anyone talk me into it and tell me more about it?

RE: Help error message by Chris4 on 07-22-2006 at 01:50 PM

Uninstall Windows Live Messenger
Uninstall Messenger Plus! Live
Download and install Windows Live Messenger
Download and install Messenger Plus! Live (make sure Messenger isn't running when your installing)

Wrong and Right
"Messenger Live Plus" = Messenger Plus! Live (or MP!L or Plus! or Msg Plus! Live)
"Windows Messenger Plus Live!" = Messenger Plus! Live
"Windows Messenger Plus Live" = Messenger Plus! Live
"Messenger Live" = Windows Live Messenger (or WLM)

RE: Help error message by or4ngecrush on 07-22-2006 at 03:38 PM

Nope still doesn't work.

RE: Help error message by Chris4 on 07-22-2006 at 03:50 PM

Can you screenshot the error message, paste it into paint, save it and upload to forums?

RE: Help error message by or4ngecrush on 07-22-2006 at 04:57 PM

It sont let me do anything to it. But it says....

The application failed to initialize properly (OXC0000005), Click on OK to terminate the application.

And this window pops up twice before it shuts (if thats any help)

The top of the window says msnmsgr.exe - Application Error

After I installed Windows messenger live I tried to install W M live! Plus and it wont install whole programme as the error message comes up when it's trying to install W M live! Plus.

I just bought a registry mechanic and just cleaned the errors they gave me and have scanned comp for adware, spyware and viruses but still nothing... boo hoo

RE: Help error message by or4ngecrush on 07-22-2006 at 05:33 PM

I've just unistalled windows live messenger and reinstalled messenger 7.5 it's allowed me to install the messenger plus 3 so it must be something wrong with the windows messegner live!