Shoutbox

Your Views: Abortion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Your Views: Abortion (/showthread.php?tid=63795)

Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-22-2006 at 04:43 PM

Now this is the 3rd your views thread. I don't want them to be that often, but this is an issue I think we could really talk about. Abortion, highly debatable, When does life begin? Would you get an abortion? Does rape count for an abortion?

I personally don't agree with it what-so-ever. I believe life begins from conception and therefore abortion is murder. I mean is it the baby's fault? No it's not, you are killing something because it may slightly effect your life, despite it probably will bring you happiness ...

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Rubber Stamp on 07-22-2006 at 04:46 PM

abortion based on gender discrimination is evil. but in cases like rape, it should be alrite, its not the girl's fault after all and she should not suffer throughout her life bcos of it.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-22-2006 at 04:49 PM

The thing about abortion and rape is what is the lesser of two evils? I mean is it worse to kill a baby or make a mother raise something that she could despise. Then again, she does not have to raise it. To be honest I would not know how bad it would feel, I mean some handle rape very very bad.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Kenji on 07-22-2006 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
abortion based on gender discrimination is evil. but in cases like rape, it should be alrite, its not the girl's fault after all and she should not suffer throughout her life bcos of it.
if the girl has been raped she should be able to have abortion if she wishes to, if its not rape it should be illegal, loads of women want children and cant get them, like my cousin, shes 21, she cant have children. instead of abortion they should be put up for abortion(whoops) adoption for people like my cousin.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by saralk on 07-22-2006 at 04:52 PM

If you woke up in a hospital bed, and there were tubes going from you to a person next to you in the bed, then someone said to you that you need to stay here for 9 months in order for that person to survive.

Would you feel morally obligated to stay in the bed knowing that you would suffer no physical harm?

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Rubber Stamp on 07-22-2006 at 04:53 PM

but how can we say what the child might feel like, being raised by someone other than your biological parents?

RE: Your Views: Abortion by GiantSpider on 07-22-2006 at 04:54 PM

Abortion is right, people have the right to choose if they want a child or not. Life begins at birth & not before. Abortion isn't evil nor is contraception.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Supersonicdarky on 07-22-2006 at 04:54 PM

1) we already had this discussion before
2) we had it in school a few weeks before it ended
3) i think its alright until you are over 2 or 3 months into pregnancy since its still a part of the female andif she wants to she can get rid of it, there's no law against not allowed cutting your own body parts off so abortion is alrite. and life starts when you're born because you dont have a birth nor a birth cerificate :/

RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-22-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Abortion is right, people have the right to choose if they want a child or not. Life begins at birth & not before. Abortion isn't evil nor is contraception.

Does the child chose though? Imagine if you were that child, that's your only life gone.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Rubber Stamp on 07-22-2006 at 04:59 PM

the child cannot decide at that stage. it doesnt have a life then, literally. its just a blob of mass. it cant think, feel and act human.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Tasha on 07-22-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
No it's not, you are killing something because it may slightly effect your life, despite it probably will bring you happiness ...

Yeah, because you'd love to bring up an unwanted kid, huh? It would make you so happy to have a constant reminder of being raped, wouldn't it? Think about it, if you don't want a child, it's hardly going to bring you happiness, since you won't want to be bothered with it... Maybe for some people, it will change their lives for the positive, but for a lot, it won't.

And think, you get raped... That's hardly something you're going to want to remember for the rest of your life. How are you going to tell your child who their daddy was? Sure, when the kid is younger it's alright, you can simply say that their daddy had to go some place else, but when they get older, what if that child wants to find it's dad? How much would it hurt to tell the child they were born out of a raping? And like I said, you won't want the constant reminder there...

I hate abortion being used as a contraceptive tbh. If you don't want a child, and you don't use protection, it's your own fault that you end up with a child, unwanted or not. People shouldn't use abortion because they couldn't be bothered to actually say to whoever they're doing it with that they need some sort of contraceptive. That person *should* have the child, and shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion.

For me, abortion is only right if the child would have a worse life when it's born, and for raping. It's like, if your child has a disease or whatever, abortion can be used their, to stop it suffering when it's born. And I've already said about raping. Bah.

The only time I would have an abortion is if it would stop that child from suffering when it's older through a disease or whatever, or if I was raped.

With rape... People can say "oh, you can give up the child", well, think how you'd feel if you'd still had that child, and knew, out there somewhere, born from something you want to forget, is your own child. You wouldn't be able to forget it at all.

Well anyway, I'm sure their's been a thread on here about this before. :P

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider

Does the child chose though? Imagine if you were that child, that's your only life gone.

Eh... You wouldn't know, because at that stage, it can't think or feel or anything... So it's not like it would know it's life was gone... :/

I may sound a bit evil in some parts of this, but it's just my view. :P
RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-22-2006 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Eh... You wouldn't know, because at that stage, it can't think or feel or anything... So it's not like it would know it's life was gone... :/

I'm telling him to imagine, if he was suddenly gone, and everything he ever done in life, he never done :P.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Tasha on 07-22-2006 at 05:04 PM

quote:
quote:

I'm telling him to imagine, if he was suddenly gone, and everything he ever done in life, he never done :P.
But he's not a baby developing in a womb, so what point does that make? At that point, a baby hasn't actually done anything, so it's not the same...
RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-22-2006 at 05:06 PM

quote:
But he's not a baby developing in a womb, so what point does that make? At that point, a baby hasn't actually done anything, so it's not the same...

But the baby could of done things, have his own family, save the world from poverty lol :P.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Supersonicdarky on 07-22-2006 at 05:09 PM

actually people only experience happiness when they get married, then when their kid leaves home, so i dont think that the kid would bring lots of happyness (i'm talking in general, i've heard it on radio "science of happyness")

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Tasha on 07-22-2006 at 05:09 PM

quote:
quote:

But the baby could of done things, have his own family, save the world from poverty lol :P.

If it's not born, it won't do those things, therefore you won't have a clue if it could have done those things, therefore it doesn't change a thing whether it was aborted or not.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Rubber Stamp on 07-22-2006 at 05:28 PM

maybe he will turn out to be a terrorist, so u cant give that argument.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by ShawnZ on 07-22-2006 at 06:01 PM

I say yes if the pregnancy is due to sex you didn't consent to. At that point, the baby has no memories, no feelings, and doesn't know you, so there's no point in you caring for it if you can't have it.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Mentality on 07-22-2006 at 06:25 PM

Abortion is wrong no matter how you look at it, but that said, a woman who had been raped will forever be reminded how that baby was conceived and would find it hard (in some cases) to ever really love the child. And sometimes have a resentment. Always looking at the child and being reminded, so despite it still being wrong, I think this is the one and only real reason I feel that abortion being allowed.

I think stupid teens who think they are old enough to have sex, shouldn't be allowed t have em, because if they think they are old enought o have sex, then they should grow up and take responsability for there actions and look after the child. (as sorry as I would feel for the child having stupid idiot immature parents)

RE: Your Views: Abortion by -dt- on 07-22-2006 at 06:27 PM

i say yes, its the women's choice so who are we to say "oh no sorry you're just going to have to carry that thing around and look after it for the next 18 years".

I dont see how its wrong... its wrong to put a women through that if she doesnt want it.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by qgroessl on 07-22-2006 at 06:39 PM

I'm for abortion... Mostly because I can understand accidents, and not perposly making the kid.... I mean... if you're stupid and don't use a condom it's gay, but then the people who do use one and it breaks it just sucks if there's nothing to help them get through it.... I'm even more for the morning after pills, to where if they think the condom might've broke, it'll terminate the pregnancy sometimes before the egg implants itself.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Thor on 07-22-2006 at 07:14 PM

If it's for a good good reason - then yes, I'm for abortion, but I think that it should only be used when it's really nessecary (errr, I need to practice my spelling), if it's for the sake of doing it, I'm not for. :)

RE: RE: Your Views: Abortion by pollolibredegrasa on 07-22-2006 at 07:17 PM

I believe it depends on the circumstances...

I agree with Tasha in saying its OK in cases such as rape or if the child's life would only suffer in life through illness or w/e.

Also, if the mother became so unwell that continuing the pregnancy would kill her, then I believe it would justify an abortion.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Negro_Joe on 07-22-2006 at 07:22 PM

I do not agree with abortion in any way, but I think it should remain legal. One large argument in the legalisation of abortion in the first place was because many women were having abortions illegally, these "backdoor" abortions were highly unsafe and caused some women to contract STI's and some women to become permanently infertile. I think if abortion was to be made illegal, there would be a rise in the amount of backdoor abortions taking place. I don’t want to judge people who have abortions, my friend recently had one (she's only 16 :S ) but she’s still a friend and i don’t mention it. I think abortion is one of those topics which isn’t black or white, good or bad, there are many shades between and there are many different circumstances, which may, to some people, be a situation which abortion can be deemed necessary. Many women who have abortions go on to regret it later in life and of course there are many accounts of women with mental problems caused by abortion.

Abortion is not my main annoyance or grievance, the problems lie with those who try to endorse abortion and advise it as a solution to unwanted pregnancy. The arguments these pro-choice organisations spit out are completely unethical and completely devoid of sympathy and feeling. They argue that the foetus is not alive and does not have feeling.

I don’t think all blame should lie with those women who do get pregnant; blame partly lies with these organisations. My sister got pregnant recently and my mum desperately tried to force her to have an abortion, this actually sickened me and i was shocked at the lack of feeling. Those who argue that abortion is better in the long run are seriously uneducated of the effects an abortion can have on the women in question and those around them.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Aeryn on 07-22-2006 at 07:40 PM

Well, imo the baby growing inside a woman is alive after all, so one might say abortion is murder of a sorts. But I personally would have an abortion if I was raped (providing I wasn't able to take a morning-after pill for some reason) and probably also if it was established that the baby would be born with severe physical or emotional disabilities.

And of course, then there is the "too young for such responsibility" thing, and I'm not sure where the line goes here. There is never a completely perfect time to have children, but then again, if you really don't feel ready for it... then having that child anyway would just be a burden for the parent(s) and the child itself.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Plik on 07-22-2006 at 07:42 PM

Isn't it worse to bring an unwanted child into the world than to kill a fetus before it experiances life?

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Thor on 07-22-2006 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
Isn't it worse to bring an unwanted child into the world than to kill a fetus before it experiances life?
Good point. But that subject is really something discuss.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by qgroessl on 07-22-2006 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
But that subject is really something discuss.
It's the same thing.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by andrewdodd13 on 07-22-2006 at 08:48 PM

Well, this is always a dodgy topic for me, but I think I've sussed it from a kind of "it happened to me, so its the same for everyone else" view.

I can't remember what life was like while I was still inside the womb, therefore my level of intelligence must've been pretty low. Therefore, I couldn't have cared less if my parents had an abortion.

Edit from here downwards, hit space-enter by accident.

On the other hand, I disagree with abortion, at least in the Western world. There are adequate foster care systems in place that can take babies whose parents do not want them.
On the other hand (hell i have three hands? :)) as Tasha said, it must be pretty bad knowing that you're an "unwanted child".

Also, apparently abortions can cause problems when women want to properly start a family, so in this respect abortion is a bad thing. And it causes them to feel pretty depressed, etc.

But, all in all, from my first point, it's not really "murder" (unless you count killing "anything" murder, in which case killing a single-cell ameoba is murder, in which case you're calling your body a murderer - [/ot]) so it should not be made illegal.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by FrozenDaggers on 07-22-2006 at 10:04 PM

I would have an abortion if I had to. I've been told I'd be kicked out if I had a kid at my age.

In my opinion, everyone has a right to choose if they want the child. There is a time limit to when you can have an abortion, so really, life doesnt begin till after the time has run out.

The brain isn't capable of gaining knowledge or life or death, gaining knowledge of wtf is going on, or having a 'memory'. It's only the LATER stages these are formed, after the time your able to have an abortion has run out.

Sure there are foster homes, but being pregnant for 9 months. If you're my age you don't want that. It ruins your education.

I guess I've just been brought up to think like this... and hmm, if I was a little older and I got pregnant, I would possibly keep it. I don't know. Just not at this age, thank you. :p

Please don't argue with me, it's just my opinion okay? I don't want to hear anyone saying "yeah but lalalala", I've heard it all before, k?

RE: Your Views: Abortion by andrey on 07-22-2006 at 10:07 PM

Who are we to say that abortion is bad?

Really, this is one thing that concerns women, and only women, because in the end, they are the ones that get pregnant, they have to care for the child and we just stick our weiner in, run away and say they'll have to care for it...wtf?
It's their decision if they do or don't, it's their life, their body and a women is definitively more 'alive' than a fertilized egg or unborn fetus so they have the right to decide what they do with their body.
Of course, abortion isn't fun or anything, but it's necessary in some cases and not murder as long as it's done when it's really necessary and 'within time' (that's why there are laws to regulate this in most countries).

I remember a thread where someone posted a link and tried to convince us that abortion is wrong and disgusting and whatsoever, but what a life would a ( maybe even handicapped) child have, probably without parents, without family, even if they are lucky and get in a care system..

People who are against abortion should rethink their position themselves, see if they really considered everything, what consequences it would have for the child, and the woman who has to raise an unwanted (or maybe even handycapped) child, just because some people say she has to.

And to say what a wonderful life the child 'could have had', and what things it 'could have done' is just as wrong, because think of what a wonderful life your sperm could have had if you had put it in the right place next time you :pound: again.. ;)

For me, human life doesn't begin when an egg gets fertilized, because a fertilized egg just can't think, or live life as a human, it's a fertilized egg as any other fertilized egg (human or not), but with diferent rna/dna, not yet a developed human; Human yes, but not an individual which can feel or think on its own.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by bergy on 07-22-2006 at 10:51 PM

I feel that it is the woman's choice - my girlfriend has a son and loves him to pieces, nothing can compare to the love a loving mother gives. however if this love is present, even adoption is a poor substitute, as the bond is not there, if the mother hates what she is bringing in to this world its not fair on the child to have to be exposed to that

RE: Your Views: Abortion by welshboy222 on 07-23-2006 at 08:27 AM

In the end its up to the mother on what to do if shes wants an abortion then she can have one. We have no right on what people can and can't do. But if she feels guilty about an abortion then she should ask an experienced person.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-23-2006 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
In the end its up to the mother on what to do if shes wants an abortion then she can have one. We have no right on what people can and can't do. But if she feels guilty about an abortion then she should ask an experienced person.

I don't think so, where does the baby have a say in its future life?
RE: Your Views: Abortion by markee on 07-23-2006 at 10:55 AM

quote:
quote:

Where does even a 3yr-old have a choice about their future? Yet alone a newly born (or in this case, pre-born).
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Sxc Jade on 07-23-2006 at 11:12 AM

In my eyes I think if your get pregnant them you should take the responsibility for it, fair enough if you got raped yes you can have the choose. It is not the babies fought you got pregnant is it so why should it suffer because of your mistake, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CAREFUL!!

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Plik on 07-23-2006 at 11:33 AM

quote:
quote:

Where does the calf born into a cattle farm to only be raised to be killed and eaten by us have a say in its life?

Any meateaters here can not morally use the "the fetus deserves a choice" justification.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-23-2006 at 12:07 PM

I know the fetus can't think etc. But everyone is entitled to a life, and who are you to say you can't have one, I mean why should we be able to play God?

RE: Your Views: Abortion by markee on 07-23-2006 at 12:14 PM

quote:
I know the fetus can't think etc. But everyone is entitled to a life, and who are you to say you can't have one, I mean why should we be able to play God?
If 'God' didn't want us to do it why doesn't 'he' stop us?
RE: Your Views: Abortion by absorbation on 07-23-2006 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
If 'God' didn't want us to do it why doesn't 'he' stop us?

lol that makes no sense :P.

All I see abortion as is killing another life, and the only reason for having an abortion is either rape or if it may kill the mother. People should not have it for convenience, I mean which is more important your job or someone else's life?
RE: Your Views: Abortion by FrozenDaggers on 07-23-2006 at 07:25 PM

Each to their own. I can't see abortion being stopped soon, if ever.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Sxc Jade on 07-23-2006 at 07:50 PM

Yeh I under stand but then again the baby hasn't done anything wrong has it and why should you kill something that is not even born, if you don't want it that much then have the baby and give it up for adoption and let it have a future you will also help anyone that can't have a baby and want's one.

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Sxc Jade on 07-23-2006 at 08:06 PM

yeh I know what you mean but you will never know what could have happend after it. I know someone that had abortion and now 3 yeasrs down the line she wishes she had not done it and there are so many peopke wishing the same and they wanted have to wish if they had used a comdom would they? :|

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Sxc Jade on 07-23-2006 at 09:34 PM

But how do you know that your wife would have regretted having the baby,
not been horrible but you don't know what is going on in your wifes mind do you onyl she does and you only know what she tell's you.
Im sorry if I have upset :( you but this is what i think about it. :|

RE: Your Views: Abortion by Sxc Jade on 07-23-2006 at 09:47 PM

Ok well I can't really say much as I don't know you or your wife. But people do/ take things in a different way and can react differently to these situation's.
But you and your wife spoke about it but some couples ever don't talk about it or it weren't ment to happen so the girl might not even know who the dad is!
So has to go thought it on her own, all though he girl might have family its not the same as having the boyfriend/husband helping them though it. :|

Im sorry if i have upset anyone but you asked for my viem on abortion and thats what I have done.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Stigmata on 07-23-2006 at 11:01 PM

Abortion is right.

i know this sounds rather difficult to understand, but it has saved the life of some people i know

RE: Your Views: Abortion by linx05 on 07-24-2006 at 03:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~Bkitty~
Abortion:a choice that should be allowed by women/men
if  able as a joint decision
A child should not have to have a child
A woman whom is sick(unable to support pregnancy safely) shouldn't have to have a child.
A woman whom is a drug /alcohol addict shouldn't go through pregnancy.
A woman who is not mentally stable ,shouldn't have to go through pregnancy
A woman whom is in an unsafe environment shouldnt have to have a child.
A woman whom is raped and falls pregnant should have the right to keep/not keep preganancy
A man should not Dictate whether a woman should have an abortion or not.
I agree. Both parties should have a say in it. Abortion has been going on for centuries (probably thousands, I don't know). It's not going to stop.

I don't agree abortions should be used as a contraceptive, but what if the girl is on the pill and the guy uses a condom and she gets pregnant? I would want an abortion. I'm in no frame of mind (or financially for that matter) to have a kid on my hands. Abortions are right when done for the right reasons.
RE: Your Views: Abortion by Pixxle on 07-24-2006 at 04:40 AM

Who are we to say that your not allowed to have an abortion? Its honestly up to the woman *and the man if hes still around*. its their lives not ours.

and that dude up the page, before me.. use the normal size font... you no who you are :^)