Shoutbox

Remove Default Built-In Sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Remove Default Built-In Sounds (/showthread.php?tid=63871)

Remove Default Built-In Sounds by XP1 on 07-24-2006 at 01:47 AM

How do I remove a built-in sound. I tried looking at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\BuiltIn57.dat

Not sure how to do it :S

I want to remove "Oh My God!" sound.

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by cloudhunter on 07-24-2006 at 02:08 AM

I'm not sure that you can... But i'll let other people field this one. Why would you want to?

Cloudy

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by XP1 on 07-24-2006 at 02:18 AM

I find the "Oh My God!" to be annoying.

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by cloudhunter on 07-24-2006 at 02:24 AM

Well people usually get bored of sending sounds :P I'm not sure how to disable the built in sounds though. Maybe try the registry?

Cloudy

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by XP1 on 07-24-2006 at 02:29 AM

Do you know where in the registry?

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by matty on 07-24-2006 at 02:34 AM

The sounds are no longer built into Messenger Plus! Live. If a default sound is sent it is first downloaded from the server then played. There is no way to remove just one sound but if you want to just disable the Custom Emoticon sound feature.

And to everyone who tried helping, if you don't know what your talking about please dont post, your only going to end up confusing people.

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by XP1 on 07-24-2006 at 02:41 AM

There should be an option to customize what you want in that built-in sound list. :(

RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by CookieRevised on 07-24-2006 at 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XP1
There should be an option to customize what you want in that built-in sound list. :(
The point of the buildin sounds is to provide a set of build in, ready to use, standard sounds for everybody.

You can not customize the menus for the buildin sounds as that would defeat the whole point of buildin sounds. And if you want to use your own customized sounds, use the custom sound feature.
RE: RE: Remove Default Built-In Sounds by jeffofbelfast on 07-24-2006 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XP1
I find the "Oh My God!" to be annoying.

I suppose the 'Oh My God' built in sound 'could' be seen as blastphomy by some deeply religious folk!!!
But if you don't like a particular sound.......just don't use it.
Or turn off the sound completely so no one can send it too you.
Its like shopping......you may not like all products beeing sold...you may find some annoying....you just take those you want and leave those you don't for others that do.
I think the built in and custom sounds are a great feature of msgplus and I guess so do two million other users but if YOU don't...dont use them...problem solved.

Jeffofbelfast