Shoutbox

what's the best video editing software? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: what's the best video editing software? (/showthread.php?tid=63899)

what's the best video editing software? by TheMusicPirate on 07-24-2006 at 12:17 PM

hi, what's the best video editing software, that won't make the video lose quality when saving to a different format.

RE: what's the best video editing software? by YottabyteWizard on 07-24-2006 at 05:24 PM

There's a program where you can convert from one format to another and won't lose any quality and can convert practically anything! It's called TMPGEnc XPress.

But to edit video, i would go either with Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere

RE: what's the best video editing software? by foaly on 07-24-2006 at 05:40 PM

the best video editing software is probably final cut pro...

but it doesn't work with windows...

RE: RE: what's the best video editing software? by TheMusicPirate on 07-24-2006 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
There's a program where you can convert from one format to another and won't lose any quality and can convert practically anything! It's called TMPGEnc XPress.

But to edit video, i would go either with Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere

thanks.
RE: what's the best video editing software? by kao on 07-24-2006 at 07:09 PM

Sony Vegas? dunno, I dont do video editing but i know that one =p

RE: what's the best video editing software? by MattyRid on 07-24-2006 at 09:41 PM

Either Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere or PowerProducer I find are some of the best video editing programs avaliable.

If your looking to convert between different formats the program YottabyteWIzard has mentioned in the first part of his post would be your best bet.

RE: what's the best video editing software? by MC Inferno on 07-25-2006 at 03:36 AM

Windows Movie Maker ;)

trust.

RE: what's the best video editing software? by linx05 on 07-25-2006 at 05:35 AM

Avid by far. Industry standard. I use Avid on a daily basis so I know what I'm talking about.

When you're talking about saving to another format, you are using codecs. Depending on the codec you use, can mean the difference between a good quality video or a bad quality video. If you're going to size it down to send across the net, I recommend either Xvid or x264.