Shoutbox

[RELEASE] wcap 0.1.2 (Screenshot Sender) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] wcap 0.1.2 (Screenshot Sender) (/showthread.php?tid=63918)

[RELEASE] wcap 0.1.2 (Screenshot Sender) by segosa on 07-24-2006 at 07:33 PM

Back in the old days of MsgPlus! 3 I regularly used the plugin SS3 (Screenshot Sender 3) made by Dempsey. When MsgPlus! Live was released a few wrapper scripts were created so that people could continue to use SS3 until a MsgPlus! Live version could be developed.

I was happy with this wrapper script except one day it stopped working. I asked Dempsey a few questions and found I needed a debugging registry key set. This worked, but made some debugging message boxes appear each time I closed messenger. Let's just say, it was a bit messy. One day it stopped working again and nothing I tried would fix it, so I scrapped it. I figured I'd live without it until SS4.

Well, I realised soon after that, that I used SS3 more often than I thought. SS4 development is slow (but progressing) and quite frankly I couldn't be bothered to wait, so I made my own (simpler) version which will suit me until SS4 is released.

This script is in no way meant to be a competitor or replacement of Screenshot Sender. I made it because SS4 was taking so long, and as far as I'm concerned it should just be treated as a script to keep you going until SS4's release.

That said, in its current state it could never be a competitor. It's very simple, with only a few of the features of SS3:

• Capture fullscreen/active window with or without a delay (default delay settable)
  • Save in various formats (PNG, BMP, JPG)
  • Save JPG in various qualities
I haven't spent time creating windows, everything is done via the menus.

The commands are:

/wcactive [delay] - wait [delay] seconds before sending a capture of the active window
/wcfullscreen [delay] - wait [delay] seconds before sending a capture of the fullscreen window
/wcsetdelay <delay> - set the default delay (used if none is specified in the previous two commands)

As for feature requests: if it's really simple, fine, but don't go asking me to add all the old features of Screenshot Sender because I won't do that. As I said, this isn't meant to be a replacement or possible competitor and I respect Dempsey and Matty's work on SS4. However, nothing's stopping you from adding stuff yourself and if you want to do that you can get the source code of the DLL here (makes use of the FreeImage library to save in various formats):

http://m00.cx/wcap

I'll fix bugs (if I can :P) if you report them.

Changelog

0.1.2 (26/07/2006)
- feature: added script commands to menu (OnGetScriptCommands)
- change: cleaned up code to get delay

0.1.1 (24/07/2006):
- feature: added help menu item
- change: jpg quality menu item only appears if jpg is selected
- change: commands renamed to use wc prefix instead of wcap_
- change: menu items now specify that no delay is used

Note: If the attachment tries to download an older version then clear your browser's cache.
RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by Thor on 07-24-2006 at 07:37 PM

Sounds good. :)

(Even though I'm still waiting for SS4 :P)

RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by Chris4 on 07-24-2006 at 07:51 PM

Very nice script, thanks. :D

RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by ins4ne on 07-24-2006 at 08:01 PM

useful script :) thanks.

RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by segosa on 07-24-2006 at 08:07 PM

I updated the commands to use a wc prefix rather than wcap_ since it's easier to type.

RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by Menthix on 07-24-2006 at 08:45 PM

Nice :D like it

RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by MX-G on 07-24-2006 at 08:46 PM

Nice segosa, thanks :D

RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by Eljay on 07-24-2006 at 08:55 PM

works great (Y)

just one little (probably pointless) suggestion, only add the jpeg quality menu if jpeg is current format :P

RE: RE: wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by segosa on 07-24-2006 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
works great (Y)

just one little (probably pointless) suggestion, only add the jpeg quality menu if jpeg is current format :P

Okay, done that. I also renamed the menu items to include "(no delay)" at the end since people were wondering why it didn't use the delay.
RE: [RELEASE] wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by Intosia on 07-25-2006 at 12:05 PM

works fine! Gj man! :D

RE: [RELEASE] wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by crino on 07-26-2006 at 05:59 AM

@sagosa

add this in script file:

code:
function OnGetScriptCommands () {
    var commands;

commands  = "<ScriptCommands>";
    commands +=     "<Command>";
    commands +=         "<Name>wcactive</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>wait [delay] seconds before sending a capture of the active window</Description>";
    commands +=     "</Command>";
    commands +=         "<Name>wcfullscreen</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>wait [delay] seconds before sending a capture of the fullscreen window</Description>";
    commands +=         "<Name>wcsetdelay</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>set the default delay (used if none is specified in the previous two commands)</Description>";
    commands += "</ScriptCommands>";

return commands;
}

so we have commands in popup commands ;)
RE: RE: [RELEASE] wcap 0.1: Window Capture Script by segosa on 07-26-2006 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by crino
@sagosa

add this in script file:
code:
function OnGetScriptCommands () {
    var commands;

commands  = "<ScriptCommands>";
    commands +=         "<Name>wcactive</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>wait [delay] seconds before sending a capture of the active window</Description>";
    commands +=         "<Name>wcfullscreen</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>wait [delay] seconds before sending a capture of the fullscreen window</Description>";
    commands +=         "<Name>wcsetdelay</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>set the default delay (used if none is specified in the previous two commands)</Description>";
    commands += "</ScriptCommands>";

return commands;
}

so we have commands in popup commands ;)

Done.