Shoutbox

Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact (/showthread.php?tid=63920)

Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact by smeuuh on 07-24-2006 at 08:34 PM

Here's the way to repeat this bug. Have a tabbed chat with two or more people.
Press windows+D (doesn't work by just minimizing the window. Btw there's strange behavior with this shortcut, focus changes to another contact), then click on messenger in the taskbar. Then click on another tab than the one you're in. The letters are typed in another tab than the visible one. Works with my computer and a friend's one. Strange, isn't it ?

edit : windows live messenger8.0 (8.0.0787.00), plus version 4.01.0.240 (latest)

RE: Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact by Mnjul on 07-25-2006 at 03:05 AM

It's a known bug and until now, there hasn't been a way known to fix it, sorry :(

RE: Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact by stuartbennett on 07-25-2006 at 05:46 AM

mnjul, you said "until now" theres not a way to fix it, does this mean a fix has now been found?

RE: Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact by haydos on 07-25-2006 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
mnjul, you said "until now" theres not a way to fix it, does this mean a fix has now been found?
No, unfortunately not...
RE: Tabbed chat bug : messages go to the wrong contact by smeuuh on 07-25-2006 at 10:45 AM

Please read again my post. The letters I write are typed in another tab than the visible one. It's a new bug. Do the exact manipulation I described and you'll see.

edit : this post was an answer to a deleted post, no use.
Does anybody know what causes this strange behavior ?