Shoutbox

Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier (/showthread.php?tid=63999)

Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by Lio102 on 07-25-2006 at 10:59 PM

Hi

Okay, first let me speak before whining about Window Open Notifier. :) I know it must be boring to talk about this subject, but... :)

If someone don't know the Encarta stuff in Messenger, it's only a bot that can answer to your questions. If you want to try it : "fr.encarta@botmetro.net" It's in french but I know it's available in english too.

So I saw that when you open the bot window, it says hello a few seconds later without doing something. I was wondering how this bot can know that I open the window... ^o) I have WLM & MP!L.
The only thing I'm doing here is trying to understand how it works and perhaps giving some ideas to the few last programmers who hasn't given up yet...

Thank you for reading this and good night ;)

RE: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by Squelettor on 07-26-2006 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lio102
Hi

Okay, first let me speak before whining about Window Open Notifier. :) I know it must be boring to talk about this subject, but... :)

If someone don't know the Encarta stuff in Messenger, it's only a bot that can answer to your questions. If you want to try it : "fr.encarta@botmetro.net" It's in french but I know it's available in english too.

So I saw that when you open the bot window, it says hello a few seconds later without doing something. I was wondering how this bot can know that I open the window... ^o) I have WLM & MP!L.
The only thing I'm doing here is trying to understand how it works and perhaps giving some ideas to the few last programmers who hasn't given up yet...

Thank you for reading this and good night ;)

Hey it true !! (reaction sur le moment : Ho oui l'enculé :p)

RE: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by qgroessl on 07-26-2006 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Squelettor
Hey it true

Really?... I tried reproducing that with SmarterChild, but it didn't work... I'm thinking it has something to do witht he connections between encarta and msn...
RE: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by RaceProUK on 07-26-2006 at 12:07 PM

Am I right in thinking Encarta Bot doesn't have a display picture?

RE: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by Dempsey on 07-26-2006 at 12:21 PM

From memory, the last time I used BOT2K3, it had a display picture and also welcomed you a few seconds after opening a conversation

RE: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by Lio102 on 07-26-2006 at 12:31 PM

Yes the bot does have a Diplay Picture. And it says hello only when you open a chat after a period of inactivity with it...

I try the english version and it works too... ;)

RE: Encarta contact and Window Open Notifier by RaceProUK on 07-26-2006 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lio102
after a period of inactivity
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is one of two keys to more reliable window opened notifiers.
They are:
1. Session that doesn't close immediately.
2. Receipt of a 'User is typing' message.

I'm going to see if I can use the latter in Phoenix Live.