Shoutbox

[Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) (/showthread.php?tid=64026)

[Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-26-2006 at 11:01 AM

I have released a Beta version of the Session Open Notifier for Windows Live Messenger + Messenger Plus! Live. All warnings will be visible when you first install the add-on. This add-on IS compatable with MSN Polygamy!!!

FIRST: Windows XP and Service Pack 2 is required!!!
Please note that this add-on WILL NOT WORK ON WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS. You may have some luck, and you are free to try - but this is a BETA for a very good reason - I need to have some feedback on it..

SECOND: ALL errors/bugs/etc should be reported in THIS thread. Do NOT create a new one, or other people will report it for some weird reason and it will be deleted.

THIRD: This add-on ONLY SUPPORTS OPEN NOTIFIERS!! Closed notifiers are not yet available. Please keep that in mind.

FOURTH: I don't want to let this thread turn into another 1,000,000,000,000,000 page essay on how it 'doesn't work/works/doesn't work/works/doesn't work/works' - just like the old one. Please TRY and refrain from poking people for a reaction - actually, let's just devote this thread to the BETA response - post comments, suggestions, and all that - but try and not spark another debate..

FIFTH: There is one main error that seems to pop up alot. This is:

WsaIoctl failed.

If this error comes up, it means that it couldn't create the raw socket - this will be fixed in the next version, so don't panic. This is also the same error you get on a wireless connection - it just means you can't run it for now - you will have to wait for the next release, so I appologise if it doesn't work as of yet.

SIXTH: If you have more than one network adapter installed and in use, I would be interested to know if anything or not happens on your machine. With two or more NIC's, this beta will only watch one of your IP's - the first adapter it finds. In the final version it will be capable of watching all, so don't panic.. Again, it just means you wont be able to use this at the moment.

For all others, I hope this will be a great add-on for you to test and try and break, and:

Please post your comments/suggestions and anything else you would like to mention.

Homepage and download available at:

http://nx01rules.googlepages.com/
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by J-Thread on 07-26-2006 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nx01rules
WILL NOT WORK ON WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS

It does actually work properly here, on a wireless connection with 2 network adapters installed! My wireless connection is the second one, but I think it works because the first one isn't connected.

It works properly, and I think you will get a lot of positive reactions about this. I would like to add to the things stated above:

Please do not react with "This plugin is great!!!" or something like that. Place a reaction when it is usefull, to keep this thread clean!
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by segosa on 07-26-2006 at 11:21 AM

I have three adapters as I have VMware installed, and the "first" one is one of the VMware ones.

So indeed, the script doesn't work for me.

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Keikonium on 07-26-2006 at 04:24 PM

I just want to let you know it works over here for me also :). I have 3 computers (2 with MSN open almost 24/7) connected via a router, and I haven't had any issues as of yet.

One suggestion for the future would be the option to have the window closed/open notifiers seperate (if possible). Persoanlly I don't care if someone closes my convo window, just if they open up a new one with me ;).

Also, I noticed I don't get a notification upon DP change which is nice ;).

Also works when I have 2 accounts signed in, and I open up a convo with myself :D lol.

Good job, and I will keep an eye on this :).

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by hubbie on 07-26-2006 at 07:02 PM

I don't want to accuse anyone here, but immediately after i activated this script my F-Secure firewall noticed me of attacs by this virus/trojan: from address 194.109.104.104

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/sinit.shtml

So please be carefull *-)

Martin

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Stigmata on 07-26-2006 at 07:50 PM

followed my advice?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=62...d=686985#pid686985

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Keikonium on 07-26-2006 at 08:08 PM

I've gotten no issues from my Zonealarm, or my AVG... Perhaps its a false positive? I looked at that link you provided, and it looks to just be opening backdoor ports.

And indeed I have about 15 UDP ports that have been opened (did a quick netstat :P) >_>. I'm not to sure what that means, but I don't *think* its good is it? I'd really hate to ditch this as it has served me well so far (one false popup in about 8 hours of chatting).

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by cloudhunter on 07-26-2006 at 10:15 PM

Cool (Y) But I get an error when starting script:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=703184]

Cloudy

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-26-2006 at 11:53 PM

Ah damn it.. Haha cloudy youve supported it from the start and it doesnt work.. Well that sucks..

quote:
I don't want to accuse anyone here, but immediately after i activated this script my F-Secure firewall noticed me of attacs by this virus/trojan: from address 194.109.104.104

Well it's unlikely its a trojan - if you check that site you linked to, you will see it creates a registry key - check for the key - everyone here shouldn't have that key - but if you do, obviously something else has created it, since i dont have that key, and others shouldnt either.
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by cloudhunter on 07-27-2006 at 12:05 AM

And all that means is something is scanning a port on your computer from that address... It doesn't mean that it is something on your computer.

And yeah it sucks that it not working :P Any idea why?

Update: It works on my computer upstairs, but not on the one downstairs :s

Cloudy

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by qgroessl on 07-27-2006 at 12:07 AM

It's good... hardly accurate at all :p... but I always did like the satisfaction of seeing people open my chat window :p

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by -Buffy on 07-28-2006 at 03:10 PM

maybe i risk that you guys get mad or think i am stupid.
maybe because i am not english speaking but i did not fully understand the difference between conversation and session notfier. also what the difference is to the one of the last version (the plugin).

please help me out here, and don't get mad

i hope you know how thankful we not skilled girls are that there are freaks like you making those scirpts!!

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by fallenangelic on 07-28-2006 at 03:19 PM

it doesnt work
im  on a wired connection
what shall i do?

i dont understand this

f you have more than one network adapter installed and in use, I would be interested to know if anything or not happens on your machine. With two or more NIC's, this beta will only watch one of your IP's - the first adapter it finds. In the final version it will be capable of watching all, so don't panic.. Again, it just means you wont be able to use this at the moment.

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-28-2006 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Buffy
maybe because i am not english speaking but i did not fully understand the difference between conversation and session notfier. also what the difference is to the one of the last version (the plugin).

There is no difference - it just has a different name - it was renamed to stop the people who didn't know how it worked from asking for help, even when it was explained correctly to them dozens of times. It functions as a window open notifier, but it also functions to let you know when the other person's msn connects to yours to download your display picture or something like that. Just like the old stuffplug one did.

quote:
i hope you know how thankful we not skilled girls are that there are freaks like you making those scirpts!!

..?

quote:
Originally posted by fallenangelic
it doesnt work
im not on a wired connection
what shall i do?

i dont understand this

f you have more than one network adapter installed and in use, I would be interested to know if anything or not happens on your machine. With two or more NIC's, this beta will only watch one of your IP's - the first adapter it finds. In the final version it will be capable of watching all, so don't panic.. Again, it just means you wont be able to use this at the moment.

Read what I wrote at the end of that paragraph:
Again, it just means you wont be able to use this at the moment.

- You will have to wait for the next version - a BETA version is just a test release, if it doesn't work - just keep watching this thread and wait for a new release :)
RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notif by -Buffy on 07-28-2006 at 05:13 PM

quote:

quote:

..?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORKING NICE

AND ALSO THANKS FOR THE EXPLANATION!
RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notif by CookieRevised on 07-29-2006 at 09:57 AM

quote:
quote:

There is no difference - it just has a different name - it was renamed to stop the people who didn't know how it worked from asking for help, even when it was explained correctly to them dozens of times. It functions as a window open notifier, but it also functions to let you know when the other person's msn connects to yours to download your display picture or something like that. Just like the old stuffplug one did.
I'm sorry but that is not correct and totally misleads the user (and exactly the thing I warned and whined about previously).

---

Buffy, there IS a big difference between a window notifier and a session notifier.

Some years ago a window notifier could tell you when someone opened or closed a conversation window with you. However, this no longer works reliable at all since Microsoft changed some stuff in the underlying protocol which those plugins/addons used to detect the opening and closing.

Therefore they no longer function properly as only a window notifier. What they effectivly do is notifying the user when a session is openend or closed.

A session is a connection between you and a contact. And it is created not only when a conversation window is opened, but also when your contact views your contact card, display picture, etc. (it used to be only when a conversation window was opened). And there is no possebility to see what exactly has triggered the session.

Hence such tools do not work anymore as pure window notifiers and therefore shouldn't be called like that either.

---

Note: in the future such tools will become even more unreliable as they already are as a window notifier as there will probably be more and more Messenger related features needing to open sessions.

Note: some people will claim it works "accuratly" as a window notifier for them and that they can guess when a notification is triggered by opening a conversation window or not. However that is seriously biased and in no way a general thumb of rule. The protocol works the same for everybody and that means such tools are not reliable as a window notifier anymore since a long time

see "The open/closed window notifier feature".

----

quote:
Originally posted by lysp
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And there is no possebility to see what exactly has triggered the session.
There is definately a possibility. The first (or maybe later) message through the session will be the "user is typing" control message. Or it may be the control message for "send display pic". Or it may have nothing if the user opened the window and did nothing.
Yes, that might be possible, but this is the only time you would almost be certain the notification came from a opened window. All other times you are not certain at all. Also as you pointed out yourself, a contact can perfectly open a window without even typing something. Again making this not a reliable method to destinguish between notifications as you have no way to always say for certain if a notification was triggered by a window or not.

Note that all this has been discussed before and no matter what people try, say, claim or do, the protocol is what it is and works how it works. Understand that I do not tells opinions, but facts. No matter what you believe or want, those are facts (which can be arithmetically and statistically prooven also that is is not reliable) and should be accepted as facts.

People have been trying for years to come up with "solutions" and nothing have worked at all as there are reasons for that...

2nd: please do not double post (this has been said more than a single time too)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Keikonium on 07-29-2006 at 11:17 AM

This just stopped working for me about a day ago ^o). It was working fine until I received some Visual Studio error pop up. I know it wasn't caused by the script, cause ever since I installed a *cough*cracked*cough* version of VS, I have gotten this damn error. Serves me right blah blah blah :P.

But any ideas why this may have stopped working? *tries a reinstall*

EDIT:

Just to be clear, it stopped before I got any VS errors :P.

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by AmbulanceX on 07-29-2006 at 12:10 PM

working perfectly so far, its not msn peak time or anything but so far all has been true. thanks for making the script man, youve done a great job, finial release will be even better, will you include options to turn on and off the different features?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by lysp on 07-29-2006 at 12:22 PM

Well done mate. I'm glad you got it to a working state regardless of all the negative feedback you were getting from a select few.

quote:

A session is a connection between you and a contact. And it is created not only when a conversation window is opened, but also when your contact views your contact card, display picture, etc. (it used to be only when a conversation window was opened). And there is no possebility to see what exactly has triggered the session.

There is definately a possibility. The first (or maybe later) message through the session will be the "user is typing" control message. Or it may be the control message for "send display pic". Or it may have nothing if the user opened the window and did nothing.
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by AmbulanceX on 07-29-2006 at 12:48 PM

one more thing, i get opened convo messages from contact sim alreayd talking to, im assuming this is because if after 60 seconds has gone past without any talk then it triggers again when viewed?

would there be a way to many it only show notifications when you dont already have a convo opened with the contact?

good job still, working perfect.

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by ecion on 07-29-2006 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
one more thing, i get opened convo messages from contact sim alreayd talking to, im assuming this is because if after 60 seconds has gone past without any talk then it triggers again when viewed?

would there be a way to many it only show notifications when you dont already have a convo opened with the contact?

Personally I like that quirk. As it lets you know when they're typing again after 60seconds (the 'user is typing message' doesnt seem to always show up if its gone 60seconds) - If anything is altered, maybe an option could be given to allow this to still show for those who want it.

----
Good job nx01rules. Cant wait for the Closed Notifier part. :)
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by AmbulanceX on 07-29-2006 at 01:44 PM

yeah, an option to turn what i mentioned above on or or would be rad, options for everything would be rad, because i personaly dont like knowing if a contact leaves a convo (well i dont like knowing if tis gona tell me every 60 seconds).

window notification by joao on 07-29-2006 at 06:53 PM

Hey all
Even with contacts that are offline i am always geting the information that someone (open conversation notification).
Did i install wrong the script or its like that always???
The other version didnt work like this one in this matter.

Thx in advance for your coments ;)

sry if my english is a bit rusty:D

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-29-2006 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX

Actually that is a brilliant idea for an option, i'll try to include that in the final release. Personally I like it showing it after 60 seconds, but yeah.

Secondly, yeah you're right - after 60 seconds of idle activity (no one types anything etc) then the server cuts the connection. If someone starts typing again, it reopens the connection, and hence - you get a new popup.

quote:
Originally posted by thawizard
I do not get any notifiers, neither errors, nothing. script's imported fine, running like it says, but i get no dialog popup or similar.
I have only ONE network adapter, but i assigned lan ip, which is different with online ip. is that the problem which u mentioned by two NICs?
If not, are there other ideas what i could do?

quote:
Originally posted by joao
Hey all
Even with contacts that are offline i am always geting the information that someone (open conversation notification).
Did i install wrong the script or its like that always???
The other version didnt work like this one in this matter.

Heh it's weird how everyone that has bad problems with it has never posted here before, until today..

thawizard:
Nah the two NIC's thing I mentioned just mean two different network cards, in use at the same time. Do you have Windows XP with SP2 installed? I remember reading somewhere about issues between SP1 and the method I used in the DLL...

Joao:
Hmm an unexpected feature :P - i have a theory as to why that might have occured, but i'm not sure if it would make sense, or if it's true heh.. Do you use a hub, and not a switch, and have more than one computer on your network? If so that might be why.. But other than that, there is no code in there to send a message to MsgPlus unless a specific command is received. I guess if it keeps up - just wait until the new version is released, that will fix the issues.

quote:
Originally posted by CokkieRevised
I'm sorry but that is not correct and totally misleads the user (and exactly the thing I warned and whined about previously).

You're right, I shouldn't have said that first bit, "There is no difference - it just has a different name " - but I was correct when I said the following:

nx01rules wrote:
It functions as a window open notifier, but it also functions to let you know when the other person's msn connects to yours to download your display picture or something like that. Just like the old stuffplug one did.

But yeah, session open notifier - let's stick with that..
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-29-2006 at 11:07 PM

Weird, you didnt like, change any part of the script, or.. hmm.. Well, the DLL should be registered, it registers on other people's computers, so that cant be it.. And it wouldn't be that anyway beacuse if it can't load the DLL it will pop up an error..

Did you try and remove/reinstall the script?

You said that you 'never see any single toast' - maybe you have an option in MSN turned off, that stops popups maybe?

Other than that, the only thing i can think of is that it isn't correctly creating a socket on your machine, even though it doesn't give an error while loading, which is strange. Maybe there is something wrong with your machine, but just wait until i release another version, and give that a go.

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open N by -Buffy on 07-30-2006 at 12:13 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

---

Buffy, there IS a big difference between a window notifier and a session notifier.

Some years ago a window notifier could tell you when someone opened or closed a conversation window with you. However, this no longer works reliable at all since Microsoft changed some stuff in the underlying protocol which those plugins/addons used to detect the opening and closing.

Therefore they no longer function properly as only a window notifier. What they effectivly do is notifying the user when a session is openend or closed.

Hence such tools do not work anymore as pure window notifiers and therefore shouldn't be called like that either.

so the name had be be changed because now if someone looks at my contact card it tells me also?
well i think that is faboulus. i mean if the person is gonna talk to me i would find out eventually. but if he just opens to see my pic, i get the messege for a good reason. and same is with the contact card.
ok maybe its not necessary a window like a conversation but to have to change the name?
well ok. but really you guys shoulnd get to picky about the name and function. if we would like we could all just call it: the when someone openes a conversation, or when someone...., or someone... notifier.
so just lets be happy that finally someone made it,w hile a few weeks ago some where saying that noone will do it because everyone jsut complaints and gives to thanks.

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by pauleapo71 on 07-30-2006 at 12:24 PM

this is proberely 95% accurate for me

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by AmbulanceX on 07-30-2006 at 12:39 PM

im getting the occasional (very occasional) person starting a convosation with me without it warning me at all.. is this because they already have my display picture downloaded or what? [still working fine]

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-30-2006 at 12:41 PM

Hmm yeah it sort of makes sense, it's not the most stable code atm :P - sorry, heh.

I'll make sure it works properly in the final version though :)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by CookieRevised on 07-30-2006 at 10:37 PM

quote:
if we would like we could all just call it: the when someone openes a conversation, or when someone...., or someone... notifier.
yep indeed, or shorter: "session notifier"...
quote:
so just lets be happy that finally someone made it,w hile a few weeks ago some where saying that noone will do it because everyone jsut complaints and gives to thanks.
nobody would make a 100% working window notifier as that would be as good as impossible. A session notifier is something else... as you can see in this thread ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@nx01rules
have a look at this:
[Release] Xniff (ActiveX Packet Sniffer)
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Scorpionss on 07-31-2006 at 12:16 AM

is there any planned date for final?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 07-31-2006 at 04:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scorpionss
is there any planned date for final?

Nah not currently, should know soon though.
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by AmbulanceX on 08-02-2006 at 08:34 AM

confused to what the packet sniffer is doing in comparison to this.. packet sniffing sounds to complex to even look at, so this is doing me perfect...

i often have many people opening convo's with me at certain times, like 4 or 5 within 10 seconds, am i just popular every so othen :)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by MattyRid on 08-02-2006 at 08:39 AM

just curious as to when the NEXT BETA release is...as I do want to try this on my new router that I'm getting this weekend

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Eddie on 08-02-2006 at 11:00 AM

Nice script 8-) I shall use it whether its true or not because it makes me feel special because it makes me think people open convos with me to talk to me :P

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by kender on 08-02-2006 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thawizard
I do not get any notifiers, neither errors, nothing. script's imported fine, running like it says, but i get no dialog popup or similar.
I have only ONE network adapter, but i assigned lan ip, which is different with online ip

same here.. and same configuration, Windows XP SP2.

I have this scripts installed:
- HopperLive beta
- Customizations
- CountDown
- psm2DP

quote:
All warnings will be visible when you first install the add-on.
nothing happened or appeared
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Rijad on 08-03-2006 at 01:58 PM

It doesn't work at all for me..
MsgPlus! tells that it is running but no notification at all for me :S

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by hapz1 on 08-03-2006 at 07:05 PM

How do i get the window open notifier to work ?? im confused :S

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by siemprebuenoo on 08-04-2006 at 12:09 PM

hi...
well i am dying to have the open close delete notification but this one is not working at allllllllll with me as if i didn't install anything.
i have cable network maybe becuase of that . and i can't unistall it i don't know why its saying :
the script directory couldn't be deleted
some files may be opend or locked.

althought i disabled the script but its still giving me that..
how to unistall it... or how to get it work with me?
thanks

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by thomashas on 08-04-2006 at 08:24 PM

For those who arenīt this scriptt work use http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64418 ...

:)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by ecion on 08-09-2006 at 08:51 AM

any news on the close notifer? :)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by nx01rules on 08-09-2006 at 09:22 AM

Nah - i've actually tried to use other packet sniffers on my laptop where the Beta open notifier didn't originally work either - and they all came back with the same error.. So unless someone makes one that works on all network adapters and systems, it seems it wont work that well anyway.. Unless - i make a MSN proxy, or stuffplug/Messenger Plus puts the function in there, which they wont

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by krissyafc on 09-02-2006 at 07:19 PM

when i clicked the link to get it it came up as a winrar so what do i do once i click the link(Y)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by CookieRevised on 09-02-2006 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by siemprebuenoo
i can't unistall it i don't know why its saying :
the script directory couldn't be deleted
some files may be opend or locked.
All scripts which use an ActiveX DLL (or OCX) are locked. This is because that external ActiveX object is loaded in memory when the script starts. As long as that DLL or OCX is loaded, you can't fully delete the directory (you can delete every file, except that DLL or OCX file).

To uninstall such scripts:
  1. Disable the script in Plus!Live
  2. Close Messenger completely
  3. Navigate to the script's directory and find the ActiveX DLL(s) or OCX(s).
  4. For each ActiveX DLL or OCX, unregister it. This can be done with the Windows command regsvr32:
    Start > Run > cmd > regsvr32 "c:\path_to_script\activexfile.dll" /u
  5. Delete the whole script directory

quote:
Originally posted by krissyafc
when i clicked the link to get it it came up as a winrar so what do i do once i click the link(Y)
download the file. Make sure the file extension is .PLSC. If not, rename the extension to .PLSC.

After that, make sure Plus! Live is running and you're signed in, then double click on that file you just downloaded (with the PLSC extension).
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Bryan84 on 09-03-2006 at 01:29 AM

what's the difference between this and Live Notifier V1.10 ?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by CookieRevised on 09-03-2006 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan84
what's the difference between this and Live Notifier V1.10 ?
There isn't much difference in how they work. They both show you a notification when a session is opened (so they are both equally (in)accurate).

Since both scripts are programmed by different people, they do have their own touch if you will, but essentially they work exactly the same and both 'sniff' the incomming network packages...

The ActiveX, which this script uses to sniff the network, is actually made as a Plus!3 plugin.

And I strongly suspect (in fact I'm very certain of it) the code of the ActiveX sniffer is copied from FiYa's code on MSNFanatic. Which on its turn is based upon IRBMe's code found on PlanetSourceCode.

-----

However, I must say that I too are having problems with installing this script. It freezes the import dialog, WLM crashed at one point too, and I'm not quite fond of how this script uses a hidden window to catch the events of the ActiveX object...
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Bryan84 on 09-03-2006 at 01:54 PM

Thanks for that reply! :)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Hergonan on 11-23-2006 at 09:21 PM

Hey, I think adding a

code:
            MsgPlus.LogEvent(Contact.Email,Contact.Email + " has opened a conversation with you.",7);
after
code:
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Window Opened", PlusWnd.GetControlText(ControlId) + " has opened a conversation with you.", "", "ToastCallback", PlusWnd.GetControlText(ControlId));

and
code:
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Window Opened", Contact.Name + " has opened a conversation with you.", "", "ToastCallback", Contact.Email);

will help people who want to "log" their opened conversations...
At least it helps me! :P
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by xsouldeath on 12-09-2006 at 02:41 AM

lol these notifier i tried one here and the other one it seemed to think everyone opens a conversation window with me

and yet when i use web messenger it is unable to detect i opened a window mmm maybe it doesnt send usch an event even tho i know it does.. mm time to try if i have an active window with them or something mm

OKAY i experimented
well i tried using multiple messengers on same computer

with EBUDDY one one account and MESEENGER on another ... this thing does NOT detect typing however

with mesenger plus it does seem to detect open conversations...oddly though it seemed to think contacts that dont open conversation windows actually opened them

and when i open a conversaiton with a contact it says they opened it with me.. but oh well..

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Cloud on 12-09-2006 at 04:42 AM

i'm not getting any notifications at all.... man i wish stuffplug will come back.. it worked perfectly...

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Spunky on 12-09-2006 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xsouldeath
this thing does NOT detect typing however

Nobody claimed it did ^o)
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Eddie on 12-09-2006 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
i'm not getting any notifications at all.... man i wish stuffplug will come back.. it worked perfectly...
stuffplug is coming out next year, but it wont have this feature ;) but the buggy Discovery Live does :S
Or you can simply use the other script, "Windows Notifier", which does work :)
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by xsouldeath on 12-09-2006 at 01:59 PM

discovery doesnt work at all windows notifier notifies too much
for discovery it doesnt even show a menu guess vista or my pathced msn doesnt like it

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Bryan84 on 02-14-2007 at 11:12 AM

Strange this don't seem to be working after upgrading my MSN.

it's WLM 8.1 Final

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-15-2007 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan84
Strange this don't seem to be working after upgrading my MSN.

it's WLM 8.1 Final

The problem is the registering of the dll.....I think that the creator will update it soon....Greetings
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Jimbo on 02-16-2007 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
The problem is the registering of the dll.....I think that the creator will update it soon....Greetings
Or you could just install it and then go
Start>Run and then type "regsvr32 opennotifier.dll" (without the quotes)
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by duc on 02-16-2007 at 11:37 PM

Doesnt seem to work for me, trying everything. Using version 8.1.0178.00, btw. Honestly, I've loading Session Open Notifier and trying Convo Notifier, and it doesnt toast up when someone opens a conversation to me. Using Vista Ultimate..

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Kloothommel on 02-27-2007 at 12:22 PM

Hello..

I've recently tried this but it doesn't seem to work with the latest MSN8.1 (8.1.0178.00).
nx01rules, is it possible for you to update it to the latest version?

Thanks for any effort you take :)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by {ESO} on 02-27-2007 at 12:41 PM

install and then go to start-->run-->"regsrv32 C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Open Notifier 0.5 BETA\opennotifier.dll"

;)

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Kloothommel on 02-28-2007 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kloothommel
Hello..

I've recently tried this but it doesn't seem to work with the latest MSN8.1 (8.1.0178.00).

Doesn't work for me.. :^).. It says it can't find the ''regsrv32'' file.
If I try ''C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Open Notifier 0.5 BETA\opennotifier.dll'' instead
it does find it but thats just the .dll so I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it :S
RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notif by pollolibredegrasa on 02-28-2007 at 06:43 PM

quote:

Try regsvr32 instead of regsrv32 ;)
RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notif by Kloothommel on 02-28-2007 at 06:52 PM

quote:
quote:
Hello..

If I try ''C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Open Notifier 0.5 BETA\opennotifier.dll'' instead
it does find it but thats just the .dll so I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it :S

Many thanks for your support but unfortunatly fixing that typo
didn't help either :(. It still says it cant find the path, I type this in the ''run'' dropdown box:
''regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Open Notifier 0.5 BETA\opennotifier.dll''
but it still gives that error with the yellow cross.

Any more ideas my friend?
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by pollolibredegrasa on 02-28-2007 at 07:02 PM

Try typing it as follows

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Open Notifier 0.5 BETA\opennotifier.dll"

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Kloothommel on 02-28-2007 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
Try typing it as follows

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Open Notifier 0.5 BETA\opennotifier.dll"

Hey it worked! But unfortunatly it isn't notifying when someone opens a
conversation :(, is this currently working for you chicken?
Are you using the latest MSN version? (the version I wrote in my first post)
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by pollolibredegrasa on 02-28-2007 at 07:16 PM

I'm using:
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254.

I just installed it now and it didn't appear to work, so I completely exited Messenger and then signed in again and it now appears to work.

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Kloothommel on 02-28-2007 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
I'm using:
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254.

I just installed it now and it didn't appear to work, so I completely exited Messenger and then signed in again and it now appears to work.

I really don't understand, I have exactly the same versions as you and I restarted MSN but it still doesn't work now.
I think the original creator has to update this so it can be used with the latest MSN version, I can be wrong tho of course.
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by GarrettVD on 03-02-2007 at 09:02 PM

Just curious, is this project on hiatus or is it still under development? Thanks.

RE: RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Kloothommel on 03-02-2007 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GarrettVD
Just curious, is this project on hiatus or is it still under development? Thanks.

Judging by the looks of it, it's still kind of in development as this is just a ''beta'' release. So you would say
there is yet a full version to come. Maybe one that supports the newest MSN version better :).
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Myros on 03-19-2007 at 08:11 PM

I hope they new script comes soon. I've halted the whole "updating to the new version" procedure until I can get my hands on a script thats compatible :)

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by CookieRevised on 03-20-2007 at 03:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Myros
I hope they new script comes soon. I've halted the whole "updating to the new version" procedure until I can get my hands on a script thats compatible :)
That is a bad idea.

There will never be a script or program which will work decently as it is simply not possible anymore.

Carefully read:
CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by dfp on 03-21-2007 at 08:02 AM

Any chance this will ever work in the Vista Operating System?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by namooth on 03-30-2007 at 07:59 PM

im using 4.20.0.262 plus and msn 8.1.0.178, did the regsvr32, still doesn't work, convo crushes .. any other idea how can i know who opened a chat window with me?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Rolando on 03-30-2007 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dfp
Any chance this will ever work in the Vista Operating System?

The script works, but it will not be reliable- ever. Microsoft fixed this. See CookieRevised's link above
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Vinxi on 04-24-2007 at 11:36 PM

Hi Guys, any news for the wireless connection?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by MsnPlus rockz on 10-07-2007 at 04:21 PM

I can't use any Open Convo Notifier. I tried Open Notifier 0.5 BETA and also the Live Notifier.
They do nothing, I gon't get a toast, when someone opened a convo with me.

When I had the old Router (Speedtouch 850i) and Windows Live messenger 8.0 Open Notifier 0.5 Beta worked fine.

But now I have Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178,
Messenger Plus! Live 4.23.0.276 and StuffPlug.
I have also a new Router calls Speedtouch 585i v6 and I use a Windows Live Messenger Theme.

What can I do, that it works?
Sometimes, but realy sometimes it works, but I want, that it works always.
Need help :P

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by linx05 on 10-07-2007 at 11:08 PM

Since they aren't reliable any more I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work for you.

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by MsnPlus rockz on 10-08-2007 at 05:14 PM

Is there another open Notifier, taht really works?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by ted_leb on 11-04-2007 at 12:15 PM

i'm using a connection through a modem.but it's not working .i don't know why.so if u can help me figure out the problem.

Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
Error: unknown (code: -2147418113)
       File: OpenWindowNotify.js. Line: 7.
Function OnEvent_Initialize returned an error. Code: -2147352567
Function called: OnEvent_Signin

this is the error i'm getting from the debug.
what does it mean?
thanks in advance

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by xgmc on 12-06-2007 at 12:16 AM

Is there one for wireless yet? if not, when will this be?

Gilliannn

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Voldemort on 12-06-2007 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xgmc
Is there one for wireless yet? if not, when will this be?

Gilliannn
It is not accurate, it can be triggered by lots of things so I wouldn't worry much about it...
RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by Bryan84 on 12-11-2007 at 11:33 AM

any new updates on this script for Vista?

RE: [Beta] Session Open Notifier for WLM (Formally known as Window Open Notifier) by scketer on 01-05-2008 at 07:38 PM

err yes, i have vista and neither this neither the other script works on my computer unfortunately. After downloading, i open it and it says: error in the file :S