Shoutbox

Color Code...Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Color Code...Help (/showthread.php?tid=64078)

Color Code...Help by mel2009 on 07-26-2006 at 11:57 PM

I know how to use the color code. bring up a conversation and type /nick and then control and k...so why is that when i do this, a message pops up saying "Sorry, this command is either not recognized or and error occured during it's process. If the message was not supposed to be a command, please type a double '//' at the beginning"? and if you know why my computer is doing this please tell me and how to fix it! Thanks so much![color=blue]

RE: Color Code...Help by ayjay on 07-27-2006 at 12:58 AM

Put a space in between "/nick" and your name.

RE: Color Code...Help by mel2009 on 07-27-2006 at 05:47 PM

It didn't work...I tried without a space, with a space and with 2 spaces...

RE: Color Code...Help by Zahid™ on 07-27-2006 at 05:50 PM

1. Open a chat window and type "/nick ".

2. Leave a space, then hold CTRL and press the K key. This will open a box of colours and choose the colour you want your screen name to be.

3. Press CTRL + R to make your screen name Bold, Italic, Underlined or Striked.

4. If you want your screen name to have a background click on the Messenger Plus icon and click "Insert a background colour tag" and choose the colour you want your background to be. You can add multiple colors and text styles anywhere in your name, just use Ctrl+K or Ctrl+R at the place where you want to start the color or style.

5. Press Enter and if you followed this tutorial correctly you should have a coloured screen name.

RE: Color Code...Help by mel2009 on 07-27-2006 at 06:40 PM

Oh jeez i know what I did wrong now...I didn't type my name at the end...I'm a genius...thanks for the help!

RE: Color Code...Help by Sunshine on 07-27-2006 at 08:21 PM

In Plus!Live CTRL+K will put in a (begin and end) tag for colour without the colournumber. CTRL+R (in Plus!Live) pops up the box with colours (the way CTRL+K used to do and still does in Plus!3) to choose from aswell as styles (bold, italic etc.). CTRL+R pops up styles only in Plus!3.

In short:
If you are using Plus!Live: forget about CTRL+K and use CTRL+R wich pops up an all in one box for colours and styles (CTRL+R will also put in irc style codes instead of BBCodes if you selected IRC style in Plus > Preferences > Customize).
If you are using Plus!3: CTRL+K for colours and CTRL+R for styles.