Shoutbox

[request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... (/showthread.php?tid=64090)

[request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 10:01 AM

Hello,

If I am using Gradient with codes or anything else that only works if the receiver also had Plus! installed, and this person doesn't have Plus!, he/she will only see a lot of codes, instead of (for example) colors in my text or nick. Is it possible to make a script that makes it possible for me to know whether someone has Plus! or not...? For example by typing the command /Plus? that a little pop-up-screen comes up and tells me whether Plus! is installed at the contact's pc or not, that way I can decide to (or not to) use codings in my texts...

Please let me know if 1. this is possible, 2. someone can make this script for me (I really am a layman an that point), 3. it already exists (then please tell me where I can find it).

Thank you in advance for the help!

Greets, CaroV.

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Intosia on 07-27-2006 at 10:15 AM

Well there isnt a real checker for it, the only thing i know is send /ping, if the user response with Pong! then he has Plus :P

So no, there is no way to get a list with members that has it or not.

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 10:23 AM

Thanks, but maybe I had to be more specific. Using the ping-pong function will only tell me whether someone has Plus, but then I don't know whether they have Live-Plus or not... Because the codings I use are only for WLM and MSG-live-plus! so if they have an earlier version of MSN with Plus, I still don't know whether they are able to see my colors or that they only see a bunch of weird codes... Is there really nothing else I can use to get this knowledge?
Thnx!

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CookieRevised on 07-27-2006 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CaroV
Is there really nothing else I can use to get this knowledge?
no...

As for your colors, use IRC-style format codes instead of the BBCode style. IRC-style format codes are compatible with all Plus! versions.

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 12:50 PM

So just to be on the safe side, instead of using codes like [c=1][a=1][/a=2][/c=2] etc, which I'm using now, I should work with ·$(number) ? But by using those codes, am I able to let my colors run into the other color, let's call it the 'rainbow'-effect... Is that possible using the ·$-codes?
Thnx again.

RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Squelettor on 07-27-2006 at 01:04 PM

quote:
So just to be on the safe side, instead of using codes like [c=1][a=1][/a=2][/c=2] etc, which I'm using now, I should work with ·$(number) ? But by using those codes, am I able to let my colors run into the other color, let's call it the 'rainbow'-effect... Is that possible using the ·$-codes?
Thnx again.

I think that it is possible because ColorNick make it...
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 01:08 PM

Isn't colornick a plugin for the older Plus!-versions? Untill now I haven't found a script that is able to work with codes that can be read by both Plus-live as older-plus-versions...

RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Squelettor on 07-27-2006 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Isn't colornick a plugin for the older Plus!-versions?
Yes
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 01:15 PM

So what should I use then? Seen the fact that I am using the live-version?

RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Squelettor on 07-27-2006 at 01:17 PM

quote:
So what should I use then? Seen the fact that I am using the live-version?

Just look how it work :

Carpe Diem in "rainbow"-effect :

·$4C·$#F53600a·$#EC6C00r·$#E2A200p·$#D9D900e ·$#E2A200D·$#EC6C00i·$#F53600e·$4m
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 01:26 PM

Ok, that's one word, what if I would like a whole sentence in 'rainbow'-effect...? There has to be an easier solution than to type a different code in front of every letter!
With the other coding I would just type ctrl+k [c=13]then my whole sentence[/c=11] and voilà, the sentence would start in pink and slowly turn into blue...

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Keikonium on 07-27-2006 at 01:29 PM

Not quite knowing how the [c=1] codes work... but yes it is technically possible with the ·$ code style. Just use the RGB format, and go color by color blending them in.

Example:

·$(0,255,0) <-- Green.
·$(28,229,28) <-- Darker green.
·$(73,180,73) <-- Darker still.

Etc etc. Your name wont beable to be very long this way however. And I am not sure if there is a faster, easier way... I'm not to fimilar with the color codes part of Plus!.

RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Squelettor on 07-27-2006 at 01:29 PM

quote:
With the other coding I would just type ctrl+k [c=13]then my whole sentence[/c=11] and voilà, the sentence would start in pink and slowly turn into blue...

It is not possible whit the IRC code
RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium

Etc etc. Your name wont beable to be very long this way however. And I am not sure if there is a faster, easier way... I'm not to fimilar with the color codes part of Plus!.

It's not for my name, but for the messages I type to contacts.

quote:
Originally posted by Squelettor
It is not possible whit the IRC code

Ok, thanks anyway for explaining. I guess what I'm trying to do just isn't possible... Well, you simply can't have it all, right? ;)

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Squelettor on 07-27-2006 at 01:39 PM

The best is that all you Contact take Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live ^^

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 01:42 PM

LOL, I know, but try to convince everybody...pfff

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by hmaster on 07-27-2006 at 01:47 PM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=87

Lets you put your contacts in a list so all users can see the gradient and those who don't use Plus! will see normal text :)

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 02:05 PM

That's one I already have installed, but people who don't have Live-Plus! still see the codes instead of ordinary text. They don't see the color, but instead they see the codes. Thanks anyway, I'll just keep looking :)

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by Ezra on 07-27-2006 at 02:32 PM

quote:
That's one I already have installed, but people who don't have Live-Plus! still see the codes instead of ordinary text. They don't see the color, but instead they see the codes. Thanks anyway, I'll just keep looking :)

Then just remove the people that use old plus!

Only add people that use live! to the list :-P
RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra

Then just remove the people that use old plus!

Only add people that use live! to the list :-P

:D Somehow, I don't think I'm going to follow your advice... :P
They're just not lucky enough to see all my lovely colors ;) They'll just have to read through my codes...
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by hmaster on 07-27-2006 at 02:54 PM

Lol, just add them to the plus!3 list and it will gradient it in IRC code?

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by ins4ne on 07-27-2006 at 03:06 PM

a little offtopic question. where do i find a scheme for those ·$<insert number> codes?

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not.. by markee on 07-27-2006 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=87

Lets you put your contacts in a list so all users can see the gradient and those who don't use Plus! will see normal text :)
quote:
Nice to see someone liking my script :)  I haven't been able to update the version on the script database yet but I have a newer version on the forums that gives you a gradient using IRC style codes and adds people into a seperate list for either receiving IRC style or BBCode style.  You can find the thread right here :)  Hope you like this newer version and I'll update the one on the script database when I can.  Have fun with my script (and lookout for some new features with it in the next couple of weeks too :))

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
a little offtopic question. where do i find a scheme for those ·$<insert number> codes?
These are the same as the BBCode numbers, you can either use the window to get the number, the numbers 0 to 53 for the base colours, hexadecimal (what the custom colours come as) or decimal (eg 123,255,000) or even ctrl + r and select a colour.

Btw, if you are writing the IRC code yourself just put a commar (",") and then another colour for the second colour to be the background. ;)
RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by ins4ne on 07-27-2006 at 03:22 PM

k thx knew the most but i asked for a scheme cuz always hold ctrl-r sux... its much work and im lazy... so my idea: save the scheme and include it in a script that pops up with a shortcut or something to show... opinion?

RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not.. by markee on 07-27-2006 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
k thx knew the most but i asked for a scheme cuz always hold ctrl-r sux... its much work and im lazy... so my idea: save the scheme and include it in a script that pops up with a shortcut or something to show... opinion?
It would be there already if I knew how :P I'm not very good with making windows sorry, though I'm willing to get help if anyone is offering

EDIT: Just noticed the spelling mistake in the thread title, it should be 'request' not 'reguest' if someone would like to fix that up :P
RE: RE: [reguest] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not.. by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee

EDIT: Just noticed the spelling mistake in the thread title, it should be 'request' not 'reguest' if someone would like to fix that up :P

Whoops! That would be me :$ Just edited it, so it should be ok now :) And many thanks for your script, it works exquisitely!
RE: [request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by markee on 07-27-2006 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Whoops! That would be me :$ Just edited it, so it should be ok now :) And many thanks for your script, it works exquisitely!
I'm glad you like it, I just wish MenthiX would give me a username and password to be able to update the one in the script database, would have been good if the 400+ downloads had have been of the newer versions than 1.10 but I'm sure people must be happy with it atm if there are so many downloads already.
RE: [request] Script that let's you know whether someone has Plus! installed or not... by CaroV on 07-27-2006 at 03:43 PM

I'll spread the word about your new version around my contactlist :)