Shoutbox

[Request] Stop Nudge Spam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam (/showthread.php?tid=64093)

[Request] Stop Nudge Spam by futb0l on 07-27-2006 at 12:59 PM

I'm sure you're all aware of APatch & Mess Patch's ability to remove the time limit on nudges. Is there a way to stop this? Like say, if the person sends multiple amount of nudges in a certain amount of time, it will only count as one nudge.

Thanks.

RE: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam by Veggie on 07-27-2006 at 01:29 PM

a wink isn't a nudge

RE: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam by Squelettor on 07-27-2006 at 01:32 PM

oups sorry ^^

It's not Event when a nudge is send... :S

RE: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam by qgroessl on 07-27-2006 at 03:31 PM

You can go into the WLM preferences and disable nudges. Then neither you or your contact will be able to nudge. (well he won't be able to nudge you)... Only works globally.. can't disable it per contact.

RE: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam by markee on 07-27-2006 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
You can go into the WLM preferences and disable nudges. Then neither you or your contact will be able to nudge. (well he won't be able to nudge you)... Only works globally.. can't disable it per contact.
I think they asked for it only to be counted as one nudge, not disabled.  I don't think a script could do it but I think it might make for a good suggestion to mess patch or a-patch as it would fit nicely with what they have already.
RE: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam by MicroWay on 07-27-2006 at 04:16 PM

You can use A-patch to remove the time limit and even stop making the window shake.
When you disable the nudge shake, you're going to recieve the message of you're being nudged, but no shake window and no sound...
Unfortunately, I don't know Mess. so I don't know if it has this option too...

RE: [Request] Stop Nudge Spam by ins4ne on 07-27-2006 at 04:20 PM

mess has this option too... i tested mess a few days ago but i use a-patch again... the guy from a-patch is open for every suggestion... write him on the forums