Shoutbox

custom emoticons and msgplus sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: custom emoticons and msgplus sounds (/showthread.php?tid=64108)

custom emoticons and msgplus sounds by matt_0978 on 07-27-2006 at 10:52 PM

hi, i am using WLM8 (792) and msgplus! live. the trouble i am having is that when a custom emoticon is assigned to a letter i cant use sound strings ie /skiss the s is recognised as a custom emoticon and not part of the sound string, is it possible to make sound strings override by default? if not can this be added for a future release pls?

RE: custom emoticons and msgplus sounds by Sunshine on 07-27-2006 at 10:59 PM

Ehhmm, easy solution: rename your custom emoticons starting with f.e. :, < or [

Overriding things set by the end-user is not Plus! policy so i doubt that will be done.

You'll have to type f.e <sorry for sorry with the emote but that's the only way if you wish no conflicts with other things.

RE: custom emoticons and msgplus sounds by cloudhunter on 07-27-2006 at 11:15 PM

He wasn't meaning override the emotes ;) he just meant if you type a command, it should see the command regardless of the emotes in it.

Cloudy

RE: custom emoticons and msgplus sounds by matt_0978 on 07-28-2006 at 07:40 AM

yes, thats basically wot i meant cloud, the command string should run because i've asked it to, not display the emotes. sometimes a box pops up saying something about using // if i meant the command but it still doesnt work if i've got an emote assigned to a letter. at one point i thought of putting * at the beginning of the shortcut but if i'm typing sentences i dont want to have to remember to put * in the middle because i wanted a custom emote there. so basically all i'm saying is the command should run regardless that an emote would be there if normally i was typing a sentence

RE: custom emoticons and msgplus sounds by Patchou on 07-29-2006 at 05:44 PM

That will be fixed in the next version.

RE: custom emoticons and msgplus sounds by matt_0978 on 07-29-2006 at 06:04 PM

wahey, from the man himself. that's great patch! keep up the good work.