Shoutbox

[Request] Bigger Emoticons Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script (/showthread.php?tid=64215)

[Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by kaourika on 07-30-2006 at 12:02 AM

I'm very interested in a script for Plus Live which would enable the user to use larger emoticons. 

When I say "larger", I'm talking in terms of the pixel dimensions of the image, not the file size. I don't intend to be sending 200kb emoticons to people, but I would really love to use 150x150px or so portraits of character's faces for RPing with my friends.

So I'm curious... Is this possible to do? Is anyone willing to script it? :D
Any information would be so much appreciated--thank you!!

RE: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by jmccarroll on 07-30-2006 at 12:10 AM

Wait for SP3... I'm almost positive it's in there.

RE: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by Chancer on 07-30-2006 at 12:40 AM

as far as I know SP3 cant do that...

RE: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by MattyRid on 07-30-2006 at 12:48 AM

Have a read here. It is towards the bottom and clearly it will be there

RE: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by kaourika on 07-30-2006 at 03:05 AM

Thanks guys :D I'm aware of that plugin, but, since I hear that it will be running independantly of Plus, I really didn't want to have a whole other system installed.  I dunno, I'm just thinking they're probably going to conflict with each other and stuff.. ^o) And I'm afraid of my MSN becoming cluttered, so to speak.

Basically, I'll get SP3 if I _HAVE_ to, but if it would actually be a simple matter for someone knowledgeable to make a Plus Live script that will allow larger emoticons, naturally that's preferable.

I'm just not so keen on jamming up MSN with a whole new third-party program for one little feature.

RE: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by MattyRid on 07-30-2006 at 03:25 AM

As far as I know, Plus! Live ans SP3 SHOULD* NEVER conflict as the developer of Stuffplug Actually uses Plus! Live.

As for just 1 feature, I'm not 100% sure considering SP3 will have numerous features that will be of benifit to most users. The exact details I will go into here.

*the reson why I said should is bcause you will get that random computer that will just not like it at all.

RE: [Request] Bigger Emoticons Script by Chancer on 07-30-2006 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Have a read here. It is towards the bottom and clearly it will be there

nice to know... =]