Shoutbox

iTunes+ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: iTunes+ (/showthread.php?tid=64226)

iTunes+ by kth6 on 07-30-2006 at 11:45 AM

Well, i am just asking if this is something to do with my pc. Whenever i click the plus icon in WLM, iTunes would run by itself. Is this part of the cript for iTunes+.

RE: iTunes+ by alexp2_ad on 07-30-2006 at 11:59 AM

It shouldn't, but try getting the latest beta and see if it fixes your problem.  It may well be something I've fixed.  If problem continues, let me know.

Link: http://msig.info/itunesplus/script/iTunes+%20BETA.plsc

RE: iTunes+ by kth6 on 08-01-2006 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
It shouldn't, but try getting the latest beta and see if it fixes your problem.  It may well be something I've fixed.  If problem continues, let me know.

Link: http://msig.info/itunesplus/script/iTunes+%20BETA.plsc
The after i click the "quit iTunes " button, and i click the plus icon again, iTunes just launch itself again!
RE: iTunes+ by RaceProUK on 08-01-2006 at 11:52 AM

Let me guess: the script is creating an ActiveX Object to interact with iTunes. And, when it isn't running, creating the object causes it to run.

It's a similar symptom to the random appearences of Windows Messenger from yesteryear.

RE: iTunes+ by kth6 on 08-01-2006 at 11:55 AM

so is there a way to fix it.

RE: iTunes+ by RaceProUK on 08-01-2006 at 11:57 AM

None that I can think of as yet, as I'm not sure if scripts can search for existing instances of ActiveX Objects. I know it's possible in C/C++, so you may need to use a DLL.

RE: iTunes+ by Ezra on 08-01-2006 at 12:00 PM

Nah, I believe the way he did it, first look if iTunes is running after that create the activexobject.

RE: RE: iTunes+ by alexp2_ad on 08-01-2006 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Nah, I believe the way he did it, first look if iTunes is running after that create the activexobject.

Yup, that's how I do it and it should work, if it makes iTunes run randomly, please let me know when and I'll see what I can do.
RE: iTunes+ by absorbation on 08-01-2006 at 07:05 PM

Messenger used to have a bug where if you had the Now Playing option on it would restart iTunes each time you closed it. Not sure if it is fixed, but it was very annoying :P.

RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ by kth6 on 08-02-2006 at 01:18 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra

Yup, that's how I do it and it should work, if it makes iTunes run randomly, please let me know when and I'll see what I can do.

i used the close iTunes in the iTunes+ menu, and i am sure iTunes is completely closed but... whenever i click just the plus button... iTunes Launched itself?
RE: iTunes+ by matty on 08-02-2006 at 03:19 PM

Why not Enum the processes and check for iTunes.exe?

If it is running then create the activexobject if it isn't then dont create it.

RE: RE: iTunes+ by kth6 on 08-03-2006 at 06:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Why not Enum the processes and check for iTunes.exe?

If it is running then create the activexobject if it isn't then dont create it.

And how do i do that, i am sure iTunes was completely closed when i quit it (iTunes.exe).
RE: iTunes+ by alexp2_ad on 08-03-2006 at 01:10 PM

Ooh, interesting point:  do you have MultiPlugin installed?  It's this addon thingy for iTunes and it seems to occasionally cause iTunes+ problems in finding iTunes, particularly if you have the option that changes the window title on.

RE: iTunes+ by matty on 08-03-2006 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kth6
And how do i do that, i am sure iTunes was completely closed when i quit it (iTunes.exe).
This wasn't ment for you it was ment for the developer of iTunes+.
RE: RE: iTunes+ by kth6 on 08-04-2006 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Ooh, interesting point:  do you have MultiPlugin installed?  It's this addon thingy for iTunes and it seems to occasionally cause iTunes+ problems in finding iTunes, particularly if you have the option that changes the window title on.

Yes i do, so it is the change window title that is disrupting iTunes plus, so disabling that would means no problem(s)?
Tried, doesn't seem to be the case.