Shoutbox

[MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility (/showthread.php?tid=64308)

[MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 08-01-2006 at 07:11 AM

Hi, this is now my second script for Msg Plus! Live. Here is the read me of IPGet:

Link: Download IPGet
Vote: Please vote if you like this plugin.

IPGet

Version: 1.50
Author: CoolDuDe_i06
Update Date: June 23, 2007
Release Date: July 31, 2006

----------------------------------------------------------------
          What is IPGet?

IPGet is a script for Msg Plus! Live
(http://www.msgpluslive.net). IPGet allows you to
find out the ip addresses of your Windows Live
Messenger contacts. Whenever a direct connection,
such as a File Transfer or MSN Games, is launched,
IPGet will alert you with the remote IP address and
the email of the person it belongs to. IPGet can also
pinpoint the location of this IP address telling you
its city, state, and country of origin.

Additionally, you can check all the IP connections
in use by Windows Live Messenger in the "IPGet -
IP Connections" Window.

How to use IPGet
To obtain an IP Address of a contact, just
establish a direct connection such as a File
Transfer or a MSN Game. Click on the popup to
obtain the location of the detected IP address.

Already established IP connection can be
displayed in the "IPGet - IP Connections"
window. Here IP Connections can be filtered
and stored for easier sorting.

Commands for IPGet

/ipget

Display the IP Connections window

/iplocate <ID or IP address>

Locate the origin of given IP address

/iplog

Display past events related to IPGet,
useful for viewing missed popups

/ipconfig

Display the settings window

/ipabout

Display the about window

/iphelp

Display the readme file

/ipupdate

Checks for newer versions of IPGet

/ipshare

Share IPGet with your contacts

Change Log

------ 1.50 ----------------------------------------------------

- MAJOR UPDATE
- Rewrote IP detection mechanism to work with new MSN protocol
- Added method to detect the person the IP belongs to
- Fixed "IP Connections" Window not working in Vista
- Added "Locator" feature to find the origin of ip addresses
- Added "Log" feature to lookup missed popups
- Added option to stop sound playback on automatic detection
- Added option to select an interface to monitor
- Fixed "Kill" option in "IP Connections" Window not working

------ 1.11 ----------------------------------------------------

- Fixed update mechanism

------ 1.10 ----------------------------------------------------

- Fixed IP Connections window not working in Windows XP Home

FAQ's

1. IPGet loads fine but does not detect IP's during file transfer

Ans. Make sure that the correct interface is selected under "Interfaces" in Settings window. Try restarting MSN after first installing the script.

2. Why does IPGet randomly popup IP addresses even though no direct connect is established?

Ans. This is because MSN protocol establishes a direct connection to transfer things such as Display Picture, etc. in the background. An easy way to get the IP Address of most of the contacts on your list without even a file transfer is to change your display pic to something new and restart MSN/WLM.

3. Why do I get a "Direct connection cannot be established." error in the starting?

Ans. This error means that WinPCap packet tracer does not support your OS or your NIC. Disable the direct detection feature in the "Settings" window of IPGet and use the manual "IP Connections" window to find IP addresses.

---------------------------------------------------
          Screenshots

[Image: IPGet_locate.JPG]
[Image: IPGet_display.jpg]

Please report bugs and suggestions. I would really appreciate that.

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by AberNStein on 08-01-2006 at 02:42 PM

very nice, however i'd like to be able to disable the sound.

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by absorbation on 08-01-2006 at 02:45 PM

Very nice, I mean over the years requests have been 'howz do i get me buddies ip thingy' :P. Great work, and nice touch adding a full interface (Y).

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req. by John Anderton on 08-01-2006 at 04:16 PM

Ok so finally we can stop saying "just god damn request your contact to type (!IP)" and actually tell them to get this script ....

I still dont think what the big thing is about getting someone's ip. It might be cause i have a dynamic ip .... i dont get the big deal behind it :P If you want it .... ask for it :)

EDIT: Can you customise the ID whilist storing ip's as in saving the contact name or something?

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by Thor on 08-01-2006 at 04:22 PM

Good script, for me it'll be useful, thanks. :)

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by AberNStein on 08-01-2006 at 05:46 PM

is there anything other than a file transfer or a game that would trigger it to pop up with an ip address connection?
it keeps popping up when i'm not doing anything.

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by Zahid™ on 08-01-2006 at 05:54 PM

Good script (Y).

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by foaly on 08-01-2006 at 06:51 PM

i'm getting an:
> Interop.Call() kan de functie "GetExtendedTcpTable" niet vinden.
> Fout gedetecteerd in lijn 66: onbekende fout.
  (Code: -2147467259)
> Fout gedetecteerd in "OnWndSettingsEvent_CtrlClicked".
  (Code: -2147352567)

error when trying to open the window in the screenshot...

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by cooldude_i06 on 08-01-2006 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AberNStein
is there anything other than a file transfer or a game that would trigger it to pop up with an ip address connection?
it keeps popping up when i'm not doing anything.

Everything I know about the MSN Protocol I learned a few days ago, but if I had to guess, I would say that it is because of a MSN server establishing a direct connection to you. It happened to me when a contact from a different country initiated a conversation. Again, someone like Cookie would probably be able to give you a better answer.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
EDIT: Can you customise the ID whilist storing ip's as in saving the contact name or something?

Yes, that's what it is for. If you meant it automatically inputing contact's name or email, im still looking into that.

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
i'm getting an:

Do you have Windows XP Home? If so, that might be the problem. If not, then i'l have to look further into it.
RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by foaly on 08-01-2006 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06

quote:
i'm getting an:

Do you have Windows XP Home? If so, that might be the problem. If not, then i'l have to look further into it.

yes i have a home edition..
RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by cooldude_i06 on 08-01-2006 at 07:55 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:
i'm getting an:

yes i have a home edition..

Yeah, that is most like the cause then. I will try experimenting with including the required dll.
RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req. by artfuldodga on 08-01-2006 at 11:26 PM

it seems to pop up the persons ip address before they even initiate a file transfer with you (that you see visually) ..

i've gotten a popup a few times, where i killed the connection with an individual & then... later on, when i was doing nothing... a direct connection had been detected with them for some apparent reason, their dp was not updated... so i don't think my messenger grabbed their dp (i know i can get a popup if i view an individuals contact card and their dp has been updated)

any more info on what triggers a direct connection happens & when? :) this is like 'open window notifier' :P haha

* seems even if i close messenger & open it & sign back in... a min or less after that this 1, individual keeps poping back up in the detected (new) list :P

also a suggestion: in the ip connections gui, could you add in the usernames, or email address's that the ip's come from somehow?

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by cooldude_i06 on 08-02-2006 at 03:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rockie
it seems to pop up the persons ip address before they even initiate a file transfer with you (that you see visually) ..

i've gotten a popup a few times, where i killed the connection with an individual & then... later on, when i was doing nothing... a direct connection had been detected with them for some apparent reason, their dp was not updated... so i don't think my messenger grabbed their dp (i know i can get a popup if i view an individuals contact card and their dp has been updated)

any more info on what triggers a direct connection happens & when? :) this is like 'open window notifier' :P haha

* seems even if i close messenger & open it & sign back in... a min or less after that this 1, individual keeps poping back up in the detected (new) list :P

also a suggestion: in the ip connections gui, could you add in the usernames, or email address's that the ip's come from somehow?

As i said before, the direct connections might be between the user and a MSN server.

As for detecting which user the direction connenction is with, I personally cannot think of a way to do it. In the GUI, it is not possible because that using something completely different. For the popups, they use a packet tracer, and there probably is a way to find out the username, but I havent found a reliable way yet.
RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by Lou on 08-03-2006 at 02:55 AM

Everything except the ipget - connections window shows up/works perfectly fine. It's odd really.

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by cooldude_i06 on 08-13-2006 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chromokid
Everything except the ipget - connections window shows up/works perfectly fine. It's odd really.

That's because of Windows XP Home.
RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by Chestah on 08-13-2006 at 07:52 AM

Function called: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Error: Automation server can't create object.
       Line: 19. Code: -2146827859.
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu

Windows Vista 5472 - IPget window won't open.

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by cooldude_i06 on 08-15-2006 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Error: Automation server can't create object.
       Line: 19. Code: -2146827859.
Function OnEvent_MenuClicked returned an error. Code: -2147352567

Windows Vista 5472 - IPget window won't open.
Vista is not supported.
RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req.) by robrman on 08-24-2006 at 05:11 AM

I've tried with webcam, file transfers and games but i dont even get a window that pops up..? Please help
Robrman

RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection req. by prashker on 08-25-2006 at 02:30 AM

I just exited and restarted WLM and I got these 3 weird bug windows appear.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=718726]

I was in a group convo of 3 before I exited WLM...thats it.

Any reason why?

Bug?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 09-10-2006 at 08:24 PM

updated - connections window should work in xp home (and maybe vista also)

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Patchou on 09-13-2006 at 06:04 AM

sweet script

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Jimbo on 09-13-2006 at 04:12 PM

ok, maybe i'm stupid, but why would you want someones ip?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 09-13-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 134jimbodude
ok, maybe i'm stupid, but why would you want someones ip?

you can find out their location
RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Jimbo on 09-14-2006 at 02:36 PM

and what good would that do?
isn't it just easier to ask, 'where do you live?'

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by the_dare on 09-14-2006 at 04:02 PM

nice script

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Zoozoo on 09-16-2006 at 06:09 AM

It could also be used to determine if a douchebag is using msn twice pretending to be someone else.

quote:
I've tried with webcam, file transfers and games but i dont even get a window that pops up..? Please help
Robrman

Same here.
They USED to come, and i got pissed off at them, but now when i want them, i see nothing.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by {ESO} on 09-20-2006 at 10:49 PM

Great script... but can you make an ip logger??? tnx bye...

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by xsouldeath on 09-22-2006 at 04:00 PM

so thats how that guy spyed on my msn
he sent me a file and hence got my real ip...
but somehow he listened on a port and knew my conversations...
as for ip logging id try looking up the java file commands.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Outblaze on 10-01-2006 at 10:56 PM

umm i have a question i kinda cant figure out whos ip is whos any answers?( im kinda slow:$) and err... this only works for ppl who has WML? or does it work for all versions?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by nextman on 11-08-2006 at 07:20 PM

this is a great tool. been waiting for months for summat like this. main reason is you can find out if sum1 is using 2 accounts with a polygamy patch 2 act as 2 people at once. Namely - a concerned girlfriend testing u.

PS, im behind a router - is this going to effect the script?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by BlackRider on 11-09-2006 at 04:02 AM

The real advantage of having someone's IP is so you can confirm it's them when they talk to you. Unfortunately, starting a game or file transfer to get it isn't very practical.

Nice script though.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by tintin814 on 11-09-2006 at 04:10 PM

is it possible to identity the IPs and the contacts?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Fuse on 11-20-2006 at 08:27 PM

my wlm just freezes when i try to import the script :(

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Vashu on 12-25-2006 at 11:53 PM

Hello, nice scripts but there's a few things i would like to ask.

The scripts shows some ESTABLISHED connections with some of my contacts ( doing a "whois" i can notice that the IPs are from my country ISPs), but the thing is that i'm not sending or receiving anything... so i don't understand why would i have active connections with any IP other than Microsofts'? i can refresh as many times i want and the connections are still there :P

do you know why this happends?

btw, sorry for my bad english :P

Thanks a lot !

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by CookieRevised on 12-26-2006 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vashu
but the thing is that i'm not sending or receiving anything...
you are not sending or recieving _messages_.... Though Messenger is sending and recieving stuff all the time, like display pictures updates, contact information updates, screen names, pinging, etc... Also, not all connections go thru a msn server, some, and if possible, go to a direct connection, which is ofcourse way faster.

Bottom line: under the hood, messenger is doing stuff all the time, eventhough you're not sending or recieving messages. Messages are only one small part of the whole thing (especially now that features like sharing folders, roaming profiles, contact info subscriptions, etc are available).

This is actually the exact same issue why things like open window notifiers don't work anymore. All the people see is if _they_ send or recieve a message or when _they_ open a conversation window. But they forget that _messenger_ is doing, and must be doing, stuff all the time under the hood to let it work (which triggers false alerts in such notifiers, etc).
RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Vashu on 12-26-2006 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
but the thing is that i'm not sending or receiving anything...
you are not sending or recieving _messages_.... Though Messenger is sending and recieving stuff all the time, like display pictures updates, contact information updates, screen names, pinging, etc... Also, not all connections go thru a msn server, some, and if possible, go to a direct connection, which is ofcourse way faster.

Bottom line: under the hood, messenger is doing stuff all the time, eventhough you're not sending or recieving messages. Messages are only one small part of the whole thing (especially now that features like sharing folders, roaming profiles, contact info subscriptions, etc are available).

This is actually the exact same issue why things like open window notifiers don't work anymore. All the people see is if _they_ send or recieve a message or when _they_ open a conversation window. But they forget that _messenger_ is doing, and must be doing, stuff all the time under the hood to let it work (which triggers false alerts in such notifiers, etc).

Thx for the reply.
Yes i know msn is doing stuff all the time, but i don't know why it keeps established connections for such a long time with other contacts which im not sending files or anything? I know it uses direct connection for downloading DP for example, but after that it should close the connection or i am wrong??
Well... i'm not an msn expert... it just called my atention... i don't know if you could help me understand ^^

Thx a lot for your reply :D
RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by prikky69 on 01-12-2007 at 10:18 AM

when they direct connection. can they steal my info from my computer

RE: RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by CookieRevised on 01-21-2007 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Thx for the reply.
Yes i know msn is doing stuff all the time, but i don't know why it keeps established connections for such a long time with other contacts which im not sending files or anything? I know it uses direct connection for downloading DP for example, but after that it should close the connection or i am wrong??
Well... i'm not an msn expert... it just called my atention... i don't know if you could help me understand ^^
It might also be possible that the DP or whatever else messenger recieves or sends (eg: sharing folders, contact info, etc) isn't recieved or send properly and so it tries again. And because of some bug this process repeats itself over and over again... or something like that. I dunno either, but something like this would be a very plausible explanation why.

quote:
Originally posted by prikky69
when they direct connection. can they steal my info from my computer
that is paranoid nonsense.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by mula2001 on 02-18-2007 at 04:18 PM

thanks, im very nice :)

Script stopped by xamve on 02-24-2007 at 05:49 PM

Hi guys, i have a problem trying to get ipget in my messenger, i have gone as far as importing it but then i receive an error message which says that the script has been sttoped.

I checked in the plus preferences and i can see the script but it shows a message next to it ""stopped"

let me show you:

[Image: problema%20script_eng.JPG]

I have uninstalled and installed mgnplus.
I have uninstalled the script and installed again.
Also i have dowloaded the script a cuple of times and nothing seems to help.

Help please!

Thanks

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by fanfouer on 03-11-2007 at 10:19 AM

Hello,

IPget is a good script but i want to know when will vista be supported.
I've it for a few days and i can't run completely all the functions (like imitate script).

Thanks

Vista by Anthonylion on 03-23-2007 at 04:50 PM

I use Vista Ultimate and the script is not working... I know Vista is not supported... but if their is any patch... or crack... or something like this to let it work on Vista because I need this script so much!
thank you!

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by DennisMartijn on 03-24-2007 at 09:09 AM

Great script ;)

Could you add a new function to it? display the email adress behind the ip, for easy reading?

thanks in advance;)

RE: RE: [RELEASE] IPGet - get the IP address of your WLM contacts (direct connection by scott2010_h on 03-25-2007 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DennisMartijn
Great script ;)

Could you add a new function to it? display the email adress behind the ip, for easy reading?

thanks in advance;)

quote:
As for detecting which user the direction connenction is with, I personally cannot think of a way to do it. In the GUI, it is not possible because that using something completely different. For the popups, they use a packet tracer, and there probably is a way to find out the username, but I havent found a reliable way yet.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Nil_Lin on 04-14-2007 at 02:43 PM

Helloo,
I agree with DennisMartijn :).
I have a question. When I take the IP and write it in finding location from IP programs, it shows me a city from USA. However, I know that that IP should be in my county.
Can you give &#305;nfo about that?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by CookieRevised on 04-14-2007 at 08:03 PM

The ip locator program can be wrong. Such programs (or services on the net) quite often get their info from random people who need to enter their location in case the program (or service) can't find it. Thus it is prone to errors.

But also note that IPs do not give the location where you live! This is a very big misconception. They give the location of your ISP or the server you connect to. So if you live in Florida and you use an ISP from Washington, the IP will show Washington, not Florida (of course this is a exaggerated example just to give the idea).

Another cause, though very unlikely, can be that the ip locator program or service uses only IPv4 addresses (32bit) and if you have an IPv6 (128bit) address the program will of course either not reconize it or give wrong information. Very unlikely because we still al use IPv4 today...

PS: note that IPs are considered private in Europe. Thus giving IP statusses to third parties without the user's consent is illegal. This isn't so in the US.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by riahc4 on 04-15-2007 at 07:20 PM

Could someone update this to work in Vista?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by wantowan2 on 04-16-2007 at 06:46 AM

I know that this seems like a cat chasing it's tail, but..... The privacy laws in some countries regarding things like "Call Display" with phone companies also require them to provide a "Call Block" feature to protect privacy. Which hence led to the obligation to provide a way around that requiring anybody with this "Call Block" function enabled to have to give it up if they want to connect with a person that has a third function. (...that blocks any call that have "Call Block" enabled....) Seems silly I know....

Back to my question. Is there any way/script to block the abilities of "IpGet" from other users that have it enabled?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.10 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by linx05 on 04-16-2007 at 12:09 PM

No wantowan2. Your IP is your calling card so when it makes a direct connection with the other computer, they will know by using this program or by other means.

What are you worried about?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 04-22-2007 at 08:41 PM

Small update to IPGet, wait for newest version to be accepted by scripts database.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by riahc4 on 04-30-2007 at 03:36 PM

Does it work with Vista now?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 04-30-2007 at 03:37 PM

Sorry I dont have Vista to test it with.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Felu on 04-30-2007 at 03:53 PM

Doesn't work with Vista 64 bit here.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cholito on 05-08-2007 at 01:46 AM

Hello people :) i am new with this...
I have this pluggin, some other moments it's display  an IP, without been doing any tranfer or sending anything...
WHY ? 

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by warmth on 05-11-2007 at 03:20 AM

This happens in vista 32...

code:
El script está iniciandose
El script está cargado y listo
Función llamada: OnEvent_Initialize
Error: Argumento o llamada a procedimiento no válidos.
       Línea: 82. Código: -2146828283.
La función OnEvent_Initialize devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567
Función llamada: OnGetScriptMenu

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by DJnikk on 05-14-2007 at 04:17 PM

i have killed 2 connections. how can i repair this?
i cant talk to somebody but to all other contacts can i

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 05-15-2007 at 11:47 PM

Just restart msn, killing connections doesn't do anything permanent.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by DJnikk on 05-16-2007 at 11:49 AM

where can i see the IP of this contact im talking to ?? please send me a picture if is posible

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 05-16-2007 at 12:09 PM

well....if u check out the first page u will know how

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by DJnikk on 05-16-2007 at 01:14 PM

i think i dont know what IP is for what contact
i need a picture:P

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by NicD on 05-31-2007 at 10:43 PM

Hey when i download the installer, i click it and a message pops up "The file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger Plus! script pack." any way you could help me with this?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by larrybr on 06-01-2007 at 11:33 AM

it dont work with vista ! :(

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by warmth on 06-01-2007 at 02:40 PM

it doesn't...

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by riahc4 on 06-02-2007 at 05:32 PM

Update this please.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-02-2007 at 06:26 PM

I am aware it does not work with Vista. It is because the one of the libraries I was using does not work with Vista. I did not make that library (you can check the source code for the credits) so I cannot fix it. I will have to find a new solution for it. Please stop emailing me about this issue.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-04-2007 at 01:22 PM

i have a problem with this script.....it's imported fine, and working....but the setings window and the IP connections window wont appear.....

I'm using WLMSN 8.1, and msg+ 4.22 , and SP3, and MSN Discovery 1.3... could that be the problem? does the script have some ishues with those plugins? ....

RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-04-2007 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luka88bg
i have a problem with this script.....it's imported fine, and working....but the setings window and the IP connections window wont appear.....

I'm using WLMSN 8.1, and msg+ 4.22 , and SP3, and MSN Discovery 1.3... could that be the problem? does the script have some ishues with those plugins? ....

No it's because you are using Vista.
RE: RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-04-2007 at 09:11 PM

quote:
No it's because you are using Vista.

No, I do not use Vista for sure, im using Xp SP 2.....it worked for me before....but now it doesn't.....I downloaded  it again cuz maybe the one downlaoded had some problems, but it still wont work....do you know what the problem could be?

EDIT: sorry for double post ! :S
RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-04-2007 at 09:37 PM

I'm not sure what could be affecting it. Post the error logs.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-04-2007 at 09:41 PM

ok i will...ut pls tell me how? if you mean that I copy and paste/paste logs from debuging? or somthing else?

if u meant that, here it is:

-----------------------

Function called: OnWndUpdateEvent_CtrlClicked
Function called: OnWndUpdateEvent_Cancel
Function called: OnWndUpdateEvent_Destroyed
Function called: OnWndReadMeEvent_Cancel
Function called: OnWndReadMeEvent_Destroyed
Function called: OnWndAboutEvent_CtrlClicked
Function called: OnWndAboutEvent_Cancel
Function called: OnWndAboutEvent_Destroyed

-----------------------

that's happening when I click on evry option of the script!

if u didn't mean that , say what should I post!

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-05-2007 at 02:02 AM

It doesn't seem to be showing any errors in that log.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-05-2007 at 10:12 AM

welll....i am not good at scripting, but yes it doesn't show any errors, but this is for IP connections:

and this is for settings

it show that the function are opened, but it doesn't show that they are closed like for exemple when I click on the update, that  I clicked on the cancel button, and that the window was closed.....

when i remove the script and imported it again, with debuger opened, it showed there is an error:

----------------------------------------

Script is starting
Script is now loaded and ready
Function called: OnEvent_Initialize
Error: unknown (code: -2147217406)
       File: IPGet_loadsave.js. Line: 28.
Function OnEvent_Initialize returned an error. Code: -2147352567

----------------------------------------

in a file IPGet_loadsave.js  there is this, starting from the line 27:

code:
function ReadDWORDValue(strKey, strValueName){
    var objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:root\\default:StdRegProv");
    var method = objRegistry.Methods_.Item("GetDWORDValue");
    var inParams = method.InParameters.SpawnInstance_();
        inParams.hDefKey = intScriptRegRoot;
        inParams.sSubKeyName = strScriptRegPath + strKey;
        inParams.sValueName = strValueName;
    var outParams = objRegistry.ExecMethod_(method.Name, inParams);
    return outParams.uValue;
}

I holp this helps you, and sorry if you can't get what I'm talking 'bout, my english 's bad :D

10x in andvance !
[list]
[/list]

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-05-2007 at 10:45 PM

Ok searching on google gave me 1 possible suggestion, try this:

Right click My Computer
Click Properties
Click the Advanced Tab
Click Environment Variables
Under System Variables at the bottom, click Path
Click Edit
Move cursor all the way to the end of Variable Value
Add here (without the quotes) ";%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem"
Click OK, Ok, Ok...

Now try restarting the script.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-05-2007 at 11:12 PM

Thanks. but when I did as u said, but it shows same error......

the Variable Valueis is, after adding what you said:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

and still no effect.....is the problem in my PC or with the script?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-06-2007 at 12:43 AM

It can't be the script because I am not having this problem. Is there any other PC you can try it on and see if that gives you the same problem.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-06-2007 at 09:17 AM

yes there is, and chechked it, and it works fine on other PC....so the problem is on my PC.....10x a a lot cooldude_i06, u r really a cool dude ;) ...if you maybe have some sugestions have could I found out what's making the error, please let me know, if not, thanks again for helping me! :D....and btw-I really like your script- too bad I can't use it anymore lol :) and Gmail checker's great!

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-06-2007 at 11:18 PM

Don't worry, I'm working on one that will work with Vista, so just wait a little bit more and maybe the newer one will help.

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by Lux on 06-06-2007 at 11:21 PM

Great ! 10x a lot :D

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by kryp2nyt on 06-08-2007 at 07:49 AM

Hello guys!

I am having an issue with Windows Vista, the IP windows cannot show !!

Any recommendations?

RE: RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-08-2007 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
Hello guys!

I am having an issue with Windows Vista, the IP windows cannot show !!

Any recommendations?

Please read like 2 posts before yours.
RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by kryp2nyt on 06-19-2007 at 03:39 PM

any luck for IPGet for vista?

RE: [UPDATE] IPGet v1.11 - get the IP address of your WLM contacts by cooldude_i06 on 06-19-2007 at 07:23 PM

It is under development.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 06-24-2007 at 03:39 AM

Ok, here it is, the newest version of IPGet. A couple of big features have been added, like IP Location and showing the email the ip belongs to.

Post all your errors and problems with this script, I am sure there will be many. I won't upload it to the database unless a few people here can confirm it to be working as expected.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kryp2nyt on 06-24-2007 at 06:27 AM

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Now that sure sounds like one of the best scripts I have now, its now more mature....THANKS THANKS !!

Am testing it for any bugs or suggestions :)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by NightBlade on 06-24-2007 at 06:50 PM

Great script but in the new version I have a problem... for some reason this kids IP keeps popping up in toast and won't go away... It's like popping up every minute... anyway to stop this?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 06-24-2007 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NightBlade
Great script but in the new version I have a problem... for some reason this kids IP keeps popping up in toast and won't go away... It's like popping up every minute... anyway to stop this?

Disable "Direct Detection" in the Settings window.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by giac jr on 06-25-2007 at 09:17 AM

Which IP is the IP of the person you are talking to?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kryp2nyt on 06-25-2007 at 10:26 AM

yeaa I can't seem to get the 'whos person's IP' function to work, how to use it?

also, upon detection of direct connections, no popup toast confirming the IP detected, like the old XP IPGet...is this normal?

I am running Vista Home Premium btw..

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 06-25-2007 at 05:03 PM

quote:
yeaa I can't seem to get the 'whos person's IP' function to work, how to use it?

also, upon detection of direct connections, no popup toast confirming the IP detected, like the old XP IPGet...is this normal?

I am running Vista Home Premium btw..

Ideally, you should get a popup toast when MSN servers send you a contact's IP address. Now mostly this happens during direct connection, but some times you get sent their IP for no reason at all (I don't know why).

If you aren't getting popup toasts telling you the IP and email address, then you have to do it the old fashioned way, IP Connections window -> Kill all unfiltered connections -> send a file or start a game -> check which IP comes up in the unfiltered connection. Unfortunately, I don't know why the popups do not work for everyone, but when I had some people test it, it worked for most.
RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by giac jr on 06-26-2007 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by giac jr
Which IP is the IP of the person you are talking to?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Lux on 06-26-2007 at 03:00 PM

hi! if you look at the thread pages 7 and 8, you will remmember my problem....settings and IP conections wont appear neather in this version of IPget :(

debbuger says that here is error:

code:
Script is starting
       File: IPGet_loadsave.js. Line: 30.

if it helps you in some way...
anyway, i plan to instal fresh copy of Win. so maybe than it will work.... :)
I like the updates to the script!  great work :)
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 06-26-2007 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LooKa
hi! if you look at the thread pages 7 and 8, you will remmember my problem....settings and IP conections wont appear neather in this version of IPget :(

debbuger says that here is error:

code:
Script is starting
       File: IPGet_loadsave.js. Line: 30.

if it helps you in some way...
anyway, i plan to instal fresh copy of Win. so maybe than it will work.... :)
I like the updates to the script!  great work :)

As we went over this before, the problem is specific to your copy of Windows, rather than the script itself, so fresh install might be a good idea.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by DepecheNYC on 06-27-2007 at 11:22 AM

What can you do with someone's IP address?  Yeah, you can find their opened ports and blah blah blah.  If they don't accept your file/trojan, what else can you do with their IP address and opened ports if there are any?  I'm curious to know.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 06-27-2007 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DepecheNYC
What can you do with someone's IP address?  Yeah, you can find their opened ports and blah blah blah.  If they don't accept your file/trojan, what else can you do with their IP address and opened ports if there are any?  I'm curious to know.

Well, you can find out their location, which IPGet lets you do right within the program.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by x.Bang.x on 06-29-2007 at 03:20 PM

Hey, it doesn't work with my vista o.O plus, it keeps saying

" Direct detection could not be started "

Got any idea?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by user13774 on 06-29-2007 at 03:25 PM

Can you add a function to disable the plugin for certain Messenger accounts? I don't want to bother my little brother and sister with the 'Found IP' notifications :P

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 06-30-2007 at 01:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Can you add a function to disable the plugin for certain Messenger accounts? I don't want to bother my little brother and sister with the 'Found IP' notifications :P

Just disable detection popups in the settings window when logged into their account.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-02-2007 at 07:21 PM

Sorry in advance for the double post, but this new tip may prove useful for lots of people.

Added to FAQ's

2. Why does IPGet randomly popup IP addresses even though no direct connect is established?

Ans. This is because MSN protocol establishes a direct connection to transfer things such as Display Picture, etc. in the background. An easy way to get the IP Address of most of the contacts on your list without even a file transfer is to change your display pic to something new and restart MSN/WLM.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Jimbo on 07-02-2007 at 07:25 PM

I just installed this ad it keeps saying no direct connection is established.
basically, how do i find my contacts IPs?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-02-2007 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
I just installed this ad it keeps saying no direct connection is established.
basically, how do i find my contacts IPs?

That means the packet tracer is not working for you. You will have to stick to old fashioned /ipget command.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Anonymous1000 on 07-07-2007 at 07:14 AM

Ok.....
WLM Version 8.1 (8.1.0178.00)
Plus! Version 4.23.0.276
Using XP Professional 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.07.227-2254: Service Pack 2)

I download the new version of the script,not a problem.When I click on import into Messenger is says :"The script has been imported but failed to start."

If I go into the script window and double click on IPGet,it will change from stopped to running.But then,even when I click on the script icon during a convo,it doesnt even show IPGet as being there.IT DOESNT EXIST.

I tried another script just in case I was doinitrong,the UNeed script,and that works fine.I was hearing info about interface settings...but I have no options to change or even look at an interface window.

Any ideas?

Anonymous.

Also,

In Script Debugging screen...

IPGet

Script is starting.
Error: unknown (code: -2147024770)
          File: IPGet_main.js. Line: 32
Script has failed to start.

Just in case that means anything to you.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by user13774 on 07-07-2007 at 01:42 PM

When someone who is on 'appear offline' talks to you, 'IP found' popups keep coming up..

isn't there a way to keep the popups from showing when you already have the contact/ip combination in your list?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by thenewhokage on 07-07-2007 at 07:06 PM

Ummmm Has A Bad Registry Thingy. I Downloaded It And WHen you delete it (WinpCap) You Get this Very HarmFul Virus Sorta Thing. Starts Off Little And It Goes BIg.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by CookieRevised on 07-07-2007 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thenewhokage
Ummmm Has A Bad Registry Thingy. I Downloaded It And WHen you delete it (WinpCap) You Get this Very HarmFul Virus Sorta Thing. Starts Off Little And It Goes BIg.
First of, when you want to remove a program you should never ever just delete it. You need to follow the proper procedure and that is using the "Add/Remove Programs" in your Control Panel.

Second, there is no virus at all associated with any of these programs.

I advise you to check your entire system with a decent virus scanner.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-09-2007 at 06:52 AM

Markus, I'm thinking about implementing that.

thenewhokage, you need to download a better AV since this one is giving you false positives.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kryp2nyt on 07-10-2007 at 09:26 AM

'Direct Detection cannot be started'

What kind of error is this?

I tried everything, I uninstalled the script, along with Wincap, and reinstalled it again, and this thing still appears!

Of course, direct detection per se, doesn't work.

I am using WLM 8.1 (latest build) and MP!L latest version, all mounted on a Windows Vista Business version.

Whats going on? :(

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by CookieRevised on 07-10-2007 at 11:36 PM

quote:

please read a couple of posts back:

cooldude_i06's reply to [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-11-2007 at 02:02 AM

quote:

I tried everything, I uninstalled the script, along with Wincap, and reinstalled it again, and this thing still appears!

Of course, direct detection per se, doesn't work.

I am using WLM 8.1 (latest build) and MP!L latest version, all mounted on a Windows Vista Business version.

Whats going on? :(

That specific error is because of WinPCap throwing an exception. There is nothing that I can do as that is an issue with WinPCap itself. If you really badly need an IP Address, just run the command /IPGet, establish a file transfer or MSN Game, and then see which new IP shows up.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by maninweb on 07-11-2007 at 02:21 AM

I hope I can add IP via log...
Thank U very much!!!

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kryp2nyt on 07-11-2007 at 09:26 AM

Okay I installed the latest Winpcap beta, the one other than the one supplied with IPGet

It fixed the problem of the auto detection not starting :)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Anonymous1000 on 07-11-2007 at 04:22 PM

Still no ideas on what my problem could be guys?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-15-2007 at 12:34 AM

Anonymous, sounds like a problem with Plus and not the script since it isn't even getting to the script execution part.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by maninweb on 07-16-2007 at 02:24 AM

Is it possible to auto add ip when ipget detect it?
or we can switch a option to trun on/off this function....
I think it's better then the log function...:D
thank u very much!!!(Y)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by riahc4 on 07-17-2007 at 02:29 AM

I tried the "fix" posted about upgrading WinPcap to the latest beta version but 'Direct Detection cannot be started' still appears. Odd.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by fayte7523 on 07-18-2007 at 10:49 AM

hey guys, this script is great. However, it's not being specific enough. I can only know up to the city. Street names r not displayed. Has anyone gotten success with showing street names? thx!

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-18-2007 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fayte7523
hey guys, this script is great. However, it's not being specific enough. I can only know up to the city. Street names r not displayed. Has anyone gotten success with showing street names? thx!

Umm, it is impossible to get the street names from an IP address. Most website just point you to the center of the city.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Anonymous, sounds like a problem with Plus and not the script since it isn't even getting to the script execution part.
I disagree...

The error the script is giving in Anonymous' case is because it failed to properly install all the things it needs. This is a clear bug in the script, not in Plus!.

In that aspect it is a bit dirty what that script does. And it assumes too much things; takes too much things for granted. You need to check upon more things to make sure everything is installed properly if you depend on external 3rd party apps.

Also, please don't create stuff outside the scripting directory (eg: the maps Scripts_DLLs, Scripts_Sounds, etc...which btw weren't all created here either when I installed the script; so there is clearly something wrong in that). If more scripts started to do that it would become a huge mess. There's a reason why each script gets its own directory and why there is a ScriptFilesPath property.

If you can't overwrite files because they are in use you need a better/proper method to install DLLs. Which would also solve problems like Anonymous had.

just my 2 cents ;)
RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-23-2007 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I disagree...

The error the script is giving in Anonymous' case is because it failed to properly install all the things it needs. This is a clear bug in the script, not in Plus!.

In that aspect it is a bit dirty what that script does. And it assumes too much things; takes too much things for granted. You need to check upon more things to make sure everything is installed properly if you depend on external 3rd party apps.

Also, please don't create stuff outside the scripting directory (eg: the maps Scripts_DLLs, Scripts_Sounds, etc...which btw weren't all created here either when I installed the script; so there is clearly something wrong in that). If more scripts started to do that it would become a huge mess. There's a reason why each script gets its own directory and why there is a ScriptFilesPath property.

If you can't overwrite files because they are in use you need a better/proper method to install DLLs. Which would also solve problems like Anonymous had.

just my 2 cents ;)

Cookie, I agree that it is messy to create folders outside, but I have no choice. IPGet no longer uses an ActiveX Dll, so the dll is no problem at all. It does however create a folder for the sound, but as I posted before, using a sound also makes your script irremovable. The only solution is to copy a sound outside the script folder and use that. If there is a way around it, I surely would implement it.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by CookieRevised on 07-24-2007 at 09:59 PM

quote:
It does however create a folder for the sound, but as I posted before, using a sound also makes your script irremovable.
I didn't looked in detail at the code yet, but using sounds shouldn't be a problem at all. I never encountered any problems removing scripts which use sound (in their own directory).

Anyways, the error Anonymous is experiencing shouldn't happen, even if stuff is created outside the script's install dir.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Anonymous1000 on 07-28-2007 at 06:34 PM

Just to make sure I have been doing it right...I uninstalled all scripts, plus! and WML and then reinstalled the lot.Plus a newer version of WinCap just in case.

Still no IPGet...but now every time a contact tries to IM me or if I start a new convo it logs me out for some reason.....so now I have no idea at all.I can live with it,but I'd still like IPGet to work at least.

Still no advice?Cookie seems to be onto something.....................

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 07-29-2007 at 09:44 PM

Sorry Anonymous, this is beyond me. I seems like a problem with your MSN tho.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by CookieRevised on 07-30-2007 at 07:07 PM

Some tips after very very quickly looking at some files (so I didn't checked everything properly though).

The error Anonymous is getting (see this post) might be due to how you install the script and set things up. This could be fixed. And debugged if you split that line into its seperate components with error checking and debug outputting. That's what I meant in my previous post with "you assume too much things / take too much for granted, while you should do proper error checking". So maybe this can/needs to be revised.

Doing so will show that he has problems with the ActiveX object Scripting.FileSystemObject.

Then there are things like on line 88 in IPGet.main.js which are wrong. eg: What is the ' character doing at the end of that string?

There are functions which are never used like createActiveXDll(). So either this is a left-over from a previous version or it is something which isn't implemented yet? Either way, commenting stuff in your script would help a lot in such cases. eg: to identify stuff later on when you update it, and/or to know what you can/should remove, etc.

IPGet_main3.js contains a lot of functions which can be optimized a lot. "Optimized", so they don't produce errors as-is, so that isn't a big problem. But they can be made extremely shorter (and faster). eg: GetTcpIP(), SetTcpIP(), GetTcpPort(), SetTcpPort(), and some others...

PS: if you want to save user specific stuff, you better use Messenger.MyUserId instead of Messenger.MyEmail.

Don't take this post as an attack on your script though! I just want to see this script working properly. The script has a big potential, but it contains errors/inproper things. If you have the time it would be great if you totally revised this script line per line and function per function.

;)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 08-01-2007 at 02:58 AM

Thanks for the insightful input Cookie, I was planning on commenting the code but decided to just release it as quickly as possible. Anyways I will revise the code as soon as I have from free time.

About the TcpIP functions, those are converted straight from C++. I didn't get around to rewriting them in JScript. I will though as soon as I find some free time.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by obsquery on 08-12-2007 at 05:25 PM

i can't get the  IP connection windows.....what should I do?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Ixidior on 08-15-2007 at 04:15 AM

Why i Can't see the Ip Connection Window??? plz Help me..

Thnks...

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by 12k12 on 08-15-2007 at 08:02 PM

this is a great script but i think there a problem. everytime i try to locate some one, it displays false information. is there anything i can do to fix this? or is there a problem with the script?

thanks

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Slein on 08-17-2007 at 09:18 AM

I'm getting the whole time this same error.
WLM: 8.1.0178
MP!L: 4.23

Maybe you can fix it... The error shows up... and then it shows the toaster with the ip. But the error will stay in my screen. So if I come back while leaving WLM on, I can click 40 errors away. It is anoying...

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Hussain36 on 08-17-2007 at 02:24 PM

Hi...
Nice script...

but i've proplem with it...
i connect to internet in 2 way
1- dial-up connection
i've no proplem here

2- DSL ... by wireless network...
As soon as i enable the script the network disconnects...

how can i fix the proplem?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Hussain36 on 08-17-2007 at 03:02 PM

:D
i've solve it :P
Thanks anyway
(H)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Ixidior on 08-21-2007 at 04:16 AM

Hi again i've got this message while debuging... plz help me...

El script está iniciandose
El script está cargado y listo
Función llamada: OnEvent_Initialize
Función llamada: OnWndAlertEvent_Destroyed
Función llamada: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Interop.Call no encontró la función "GetExtendedTcpTable"
Error: desconocido (código: -2147467259).
       Fichero: IPGet_main3.js. Línea: 20.
La función OnEvent_MenuClicked devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567

thnx...

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Echofish on 08-25-2007 at 11:02 PM

I can't seem to make anything happen. It keeps on starting and stopping connections, even when I've transferred a file. Help please? :D

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by maxgeek on 09-01-2007 at 07:29 PM

Hi,

it doesn't works on my win xp sp2.

i can't get the ip. in "view log", all i got is:

3:54 PM - IPGet started.
3:54 PM - Direct detection started.
3:58 PM - Direct detection stopped.
3:59 PM - Direct detection started.
4:00 PM - Direct detection stopped.
4:01 PM - IPGet started.
4:01 PM - Direct detection started.
4:18 PM - Direct detection stopped.
4:18 PM - Direct detection started.

where the ip's?

what i did wrong?

thanks!!!

xD

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by cooldude_i06 on 09-02-2007 at 08:15 PM

This just means that you changed the settings a lot. The IPs will show up when you actually send a file or a game invitation. I see nothing wrong with the above.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Jamieonisto on 10-02-2007 at 08:06 PM

Is there a way of getting there ip without having to send them a file or game or something?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by scott2010_h on 10-03-2007 at 02:19 AM

Changing your Display Picture should also cause a direct connection enabling you to get their IP with out sending them a file or game invite.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by frysky on 11-02-2007 at 10:47 AM

Come mai questo script non funziona correttamente ?

Mi spiego meglio, quando ricevo l'Ip del contatto e vado in "Locate" se metto come server "Ip-Address.com" mi da sempre N\A, mentre se vado direttamente sul sito(http://www.ip-adress.com) mi da tutte le info ?

Si dovrebbe cambiare qualcosa all'interno dello script x farlo funzionare bene ? ?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by ManchesterFan on 11-15-2007 at 02:47 AM

hey whats up? (H)im having a problem...i have installed the IpGet already..but everytime I log in to my Msn it shows me a windows saying this:

IpGet - Alert

Direct detection could no be started
*-)

can you tell me why am i having this problem?? and how can I solve it? thanks...if you can..send me a pm...
thanks.

ps. i forgot to tell you, i have windows vista. idont know if that the problem..

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Chris4 on 11-15-2007 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ManchesterFan
hey whats up? (H)im having a problem...i have installed the IpGet already..but everytime I log in to my Msn it shows me a windows saying this:

IpGet - Alert

*-)

can you tell me why am i having this problem?? and how can I solve it? thanks...if you can..send me a pm...
thanks.

ps. i forgot to tell you, i have windows vista. idont know if that the problem..
Already been posted a few times in this thread.

quote:
That means the packet tracer is not working for you. You will have to stick to old fashioned /ipget command.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by ManchesterFan on 11-15-2007 at 03:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by ManchesterFan

IpGet - Alert

*-)

thanks.

Already been posted a few times in this thread.

quote:

ok...so where can i get this: ''old fashioned /ipget command.
if you can help me...

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Hetfield on 12-07-2007 at 11:52 PM

Hi! The script is cool!
I would suggest to create an option to store all the detected ip addresses automatically.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by marcelaip on 12-18-2007 at 08:30 PM

Hello
I'm sorry on my english.
I'm argentina.

Would you like to know, why ipget recognise one remote ip  when I didn't change about mi picture or I don't send a file niether invite game.
Thanks a lot!!!!

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Quantum on 12-18-2007 at 08:33 PM

Is it possible to send all logs to a online server and then store them for future use.

I would like to do that and have a .htaccess file in there to keep them protected.

This could be a future feature?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by ~Renicks~ on 01-04-2008 at 02:39 PM

When i send someone a photo nuthing pops up ? can someone tell me what am doing wrong

sorry is someone has said this before!.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-15-2008 at 11:38 AM

I'm getting the "Direct Detection could not be started" error.

EXCEPT.

I'd fixed it earlier by selecting an interface (it had originally not selected anything).

However, it's gone bust again, and I can't fix it because there are no interfaces listed.

What's going on?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by snAke_LeAder on 01-16-2008 at 04:58 PM

does not work with wlm 9

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-19-2008 at 11:05 AM

Figured it out - bloody vista.

You have to run MSN Messenger as administrator otherwise it can't load WinPCap or whatever that thing is called. Hence, it won't be able to detect which devices it will interface with, and hence you can't detect any IPs, manually or not.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 01-19-2008 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kanzar
Figured it out - bloody vista.

You have to run MSN Messenger as administrator otherwise it can't load WinPCap or whatever that thing is called. Hence, it won't be able to detect which devices it will interface with, and hence you can't detect any IPs, manually or not.

Maybe it's an idea to set the correct network device in the settings window...
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-19-2008 at 08:48 PM

That idea won't work if the settings window doesn't display any network devices in the first place. winPCap has to run for the script to be able to grab the devices - if it doesn't run, nothing happens.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 01-19-2008 at 08:53 PM

quote:
That idea won't work if the settings window doesn't display any network devices in the first place. winPCap has to run for the script to be able to grab the devices - if it doesn't run, nothing happens.

Search Google "WinPcap", hit the first link and you got the latest version of WinPcap (4.0.2). Works for me. (UAC dsabled).
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-19-2008 at 09:03 PM

No no no... I think you have misunderstood me. I got it working again with the WinPcap that comes with the script.

...and I only just the computer that comes with Vista, so I don't really know how to disable UAC yet. :P I'll get it done in a bit.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 01-19-2008 at 09:10 PM

quote:
No no no... I think you have misunderstood me. I got it working again with the WinPcap that comes with the script.

...and I only just the computer that comes with Vista, so I don't really know how to disable UAC yet. :P I'll get it done in a bit.

So if I understand you this time: you got it working with thw WinPcap given by the script on a Vista-based pc?
RE: RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-19-2008 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
So if I understand you this time: you got it working with thw WinPcap given by the script on a Vista-based pc?
Yeah. I'm using Home Premium, installed the script, disabled MSN Messenger run on start-up, and just ran MSN Messenger as administrator (UAC still on lulz). And.... everything works. :)
RE: RE: RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 01-19-2008 at 10:04 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Yeah. I'm using Home Premium, installed the script, disabled MSN Messenger run on start-up, and just ran MSN Messenger as administrator (UAC still on lulz). And.... everything works. :)

Do you know how to run WLM as admin for ever?
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-19-2008 at 10:17 PM

...no? Do you? *still a newbie at vista*

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 01-19-2008 at 10:20 PM

quote:
...no? Do you? *still a newbie at vista*

Right-click the shortcut to Messenger. Properties... Then the "Compatibility" tab (the middle one). Then check "Runthis program s administrator" (this is translated.. I have a Dutch system..).. Then click OK and double-click the shortcut..
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 01-19-2008 at 10:38 PM

Cheers, that is a great help. :)

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 01-19-2008 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Cheers, that is a great help. :)

No problem.. But I'm gonna sleep now ;) .
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by snAke_LeAder on 01-23-2008 at 07:30 PM

i can't access the settings under WLM9

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by girly on 02-09-2008 at 08:03 AM

hi there, im having some problems... i have Messenger Plus and everything required.. but idk what im doing wrong.. when i type "/iplog" it doesnt appears any ip just it "11:55 PM - Direct detection started." and no ip~
what am i doing wrong?:(

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by girly on 02-12-2008 at 09:35 AM

anyone?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by mirza786 on 02-19-2008 at 06:29 PM

an someone please tell me hoe to open this because i have installed it but nothing happens

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by girly on 02-20-2008 at 08:30 AM

could anyone tell me? coz it just appears

"0:27 AM - IPGet started.
0:29 AM - Direct detection started.
0:29 AM - Direct detection stopped.
0:29 AM - Direct detection started."

"Changing your Display Picture should also cause a direct connection enabling you to get their IP with out sending them a file or game invite. "

i already did it

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by riahc4 on 02-25-2008 at 09:29 PM

A

/ipcontact

option would be nice; You put that command and a popup window shows up stating the IP address of the contact that you are talking to/conversation that you are focused on. Maybe another button that popups the location too...

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 02-25-2008 at 11:33 PM

Girly: try actually forcing someone to have a conversation window open with you. As in, talk to them, and assuming they haven't downloaded the picture before, it should pop up a little toast w/ their IP.

riahc4: just force an IP connection and view the log.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by riahc4 on 02-26-2008 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Girly: try actually forcing someone to have a conversation window open with you. As in, talk to them, and assuming they haven't downloaded the picture before, it should pop up a little toast w/ their IP.

riahc4: just force an IP connection and view the log.

A /ipcontact is a much better and userfriendly solution.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by jimraperoni on 03-10-2008 at 08:08 PM

Hello.

My problem is that I can't make IPGet to work.

I have installed the latest version of Windows Live Messenger
and the latest version of Messenger Plus live but still it does not work.

Any ideas ?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kharamhabib on 03-12-2008 at 06:05 PM

hello, i need some help.
My ipget is getting the Ip´s, but the popup isnt working.
So the ip appears in the Ip connections (New) but i dont know from wich contact is that IP. I would like to know how to make the popup work or just someway to find whos contact is that IP from.

my sugestion is to put the email of the contact in the Ip Connections if possible.
Thank you

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 03-12-2008 at 06:07 PM

Screenshot?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kharamhabib on 03-12-2008 at 06:16 PM

http://imagegrotto.com/view-Sem_t_tulo7436.jpg

see, i dont know from wich contact is those ips. ;/

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 03-12-2008 at 06:24 PM

MPL Script Menu-->IPGet-->Settings..

Be sure to check the circeled area.. Make sure to set it to the proper device..

And also see MPL Script Menu-->IPGet-->View log
[Image: screenieipgetju3.th.jpg]

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kharamhabib on 03-12-2008 at 06:31 PM

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opsdc0.jpg

my devices are diferent,
0 - MS Tunnel Interface driver
(1) - Intel(R) ~

im using the Intel~ right now.
and the logs does not show the ips >.<

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 03-12-2008 at 06:34 PM

Uhm.. Have you updated WinPCap? (http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.wiretapped.net/pub/security/packet-capture/winpcap/install/default.htm      Prefer WinPCap 4.0.2)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kharamhabib on 03-12-2008 at 06:45 PM

yep ;/

there is no other way to see from wich contact i got the ips? *-)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 03-12-2008 at 06:52 PM

Yep there is..

Hit Start, type "cmd" in the searchbox, type "netstat -t X" where X is the timeout in seconds of your desires.. Then simply hit [ENTER] and you'll get addresses rolling out as soon as a direct connection is established (such as changing DP's)..

Be aware though, that you'll see ALL the addresses, not just the ones you're connected to via Messenger..

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kharamhabib on 03-12-2008 at 07:13 PM

even with netstat i cant see from who is the ip >.<
well, thx anyway.. i will keep trying. i have install the WinPCap Beta, but still didnt work ;/

thx

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by jimraperoni on 03-12-2008 at 09:30 PM

I don't know how but it worked :P

Thanks

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kharamhabib on 03-15-2008 at 08:22 PM

i got a question, and i would be very thankful if someone could help.
Well, thats not totally related with the script, but this would help a lot in the script function.

Well, thats the thing. When your contact update his photo (Display picture) your messenger make a direct conection with his messenger so you can get his IP. Unfortunately they didnt change the photo always when you want to get his IP, so i was thinking in one thing.. This photo may be saved in some place, i would like to know if there is someway to "clear" this photo, so you would make the "download" again and get the Ip from who you want.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by jobman on 03-19-2008 at 06:22 AM

good`

Vista Problem by ZefiroS on 03-29-2008 at 05:49 PM

Hello, i have this script and it works perfectly on WinXP, now i bought a new pc which works on Vista and the script doesn't work :(
I can't open the settings window i click on "settings" but nothing happens, also in the box everytime it sais: IPGet started but i never get any ips.

Any idea what's wrong?

p.s i also sent you an email but i didn't get any reply.

Thanks in advance.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by SmokingCookie on 03-30-2008 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kharamhabib
i got a question, and i would be very thankful if someone could help.
Well, thats not totally related with the script, but this would help a lot in the script function.

Well, thats the thing. When your contact update his photo (Display picture) your messenger make a direct conection with his messenger so you can get his IP. Unfortunately they didnt change the photo always when you want to get his IP, so i was thinking in one thing.. This photo may be saved in some place, i would like to know if there is someway to "clear" this photo, so you would make the "download" again and get the Ip from who you want.

This may be helpful to WinXP users and Vista users:

XP:

Start-->Run-->Type "%TEMP%" (without "") and delete the folder MessengerCache.

Vista:

Start-->In the search box type "%TEMP%" (without "") and delete the folder MessengerCache.

This should do the tick. I don't know if you have to shut down Messenger (although I think it's better to do so)..
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by surfingnet on 04-18-2008 at 05:36 AM

Hello. My question is whether it can be in upcoming versions put a button in the script
To open the neotrace

code:
<object classid="clsid:3E1DD897-F300-486C-BEAF-711183773554" id="NeoTracePro"></object>

code:
NeoTracePro.TraceTarget(Target);

code:
http://www.dll-files-download.com/N/2008-01-13/10782.html

I like this program. sorry for mi english is very bad
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Mafutnyoas on 04-20-2008 at 12:44 AM

Hi, I was wondering where you get the IPGet script. I used to have it and got it from this site, but can no longer find it. Thanks in advance

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Justin on 04-20-2008 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mafutnyoas
Hi, I was wondering where you get the IPGet script. I used to have it and got it from this site, but can no longer find it. Thanks in advance

See the first post :)
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Mafutnyoas on 04-20-2008 at 06:21 AM

Haha, thanks :S

I came into the topic from a URL so I neglected to check all the posts, lol. Thanks :)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by validz on 04-21-2008 at 02:48 AM

hey,

I can find IP for most people but certain ppl i cannot find their IP, can anyone explain to me why? and how can i get their IP? I tried sending a file, change display picture.. it doesnt work for some individuals.. =(

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kmcbest on 04-24-2008 at 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by validz
hey,

I can find IP for most people but certain ppl i cannot find their IP, can anyone explain to me why? and how can i get their IP? I tried sending a file, change display picture.. it doesnt work for some individuals.. =(

And the sending process started well?
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by validz on 04-25-2008 at 10:48 AM

yyes sending process as well.. most of the people will work but some doesnt

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by alister on 05-01-2008 at 10:46 AM

1 question why when i install this to 8.5 it doesnt detect anything or work for me at all?

im on wireless aswell if thats somthing to do with it?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Lord Di Lego on 05-02-2008 at 08:43 PM

Hi everyone.

Im having a problem with this script.

I've had this script for several months(maybe older versions) and it worked fine then. Yesterday when I activated it for the first time during a couple of months I noticed that the settings windows wouldn't show and that the IP Connections window showed but was completely empty.

When you clicked on refresh in the IP Connections Window nothing happend, it just went on for eternity.
So today I uninstalled it completely and re-installed it directly from this site.

Now the settings work, but the IP Connections still dont work. The ip's still keep dropping in  on the pop-ups and in the logs, I can even save them.But in the IP Connection window nothing happens anyway.

I tried to use a debugger, even though I dont know anything about scripting. There werent alot of errors but their were some:

quote:
Anropad funktion: OnWndStoreIPEvent_CtrlClicked
Anropad funktion: OnWndDDEvent_Destroyed
Fel: 'WndLocate' är null eller inte ett objekt (kod: -2146823281)
       Fil: IPGet_interface_Locate.js. Rad: 204.

203  function setServerStatus(strStatus){
204  WndLocate.SetControlText("lblStatus", strStatus);
205  }

quote:
Fel: Spill (kod: -2146828282)
       Fil: IPGet_main3.js. Rad: 84.
Funktionen OnWndDisplayEvent_CtrlClicked returnerade ett fel. Kod: -2147352567

84   objIPBuffer.SetAt(0, intFirstOctet);

This probably has nothing to do with it but I thaught I would share it.Sorry, I have it in swedish.

I run Windows XP Home SP2, WLM 8.1 and the newest version of messenger plus. Help please..
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by liam on 06-21-2008 at 05:17 PM

do you have to have service pack 2 for it to work? and does it work on windows XP home yet?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by liam on 06-21-2008 at 06:17 PM

i cant open the IP Connection window

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by aquiles17 on 06-22-2008 at 02:54 PM

The following error occurred me, "The script was imported but failed in his boot," using Windows XP professional!

RE: Vista Problem by Walruz on 06-28-2008 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZefiroS
Hello, i have this script and it works perfectly on WinXP, now i bought a new pc which works on Vista and the script doesn't work :(
I can't open the settings window i click on "settings" but nothing happens, also in the box everytime it sais: IPGet started but i never get any ips.

Any idea what's wrong?

p.s i also sent you an email but i didn't get any reply.

Thanks in advance.

Having same problem, any ideas anyone?
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by lovo maestro on 08-15-2008 at 10:36 PM

it not work for my  ...... i use windows vista and tell that problem:
the ip conecction not started
and cant get ip address...
can any help my?
please.....

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by lovo maestro on 08-15-2008 at 11:04 PM

when i enter in messenger one window tell that:
ipget alert:

direct detection could not be started

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by lovo maestro on 08-15-2008 at 11:05 PM

please help

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by bir_olsun on 09-13-2008 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lovo maestro
when i enter in messenger one window tell that:
ipget alert:

direct detection could not be started
i think its about wincap ;)
i saw this too..and i cant solve
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Beerad on 10-16-2008 at 07:32 PM

I get the message "direct detection could not be started" on my laptop, but on my pc it works fine.

I've looked at the settings and on my pc theres something under interfaces on settings, on laptop theres nothing there.

Just wondering if its got anything to do with that?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by 52g on 10-26-2008 at 06:47 PM

can i get the link again, that link doesnt work :S

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by user on 11-23-2008 at 01:19 AM

what is the latest version of this script and where can I download it please

the first post is not updated
thanks

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by NanoChromatic on 11-24-2008 at 04:13 PM

My view on the script IpGet.

Scenario 1. " You're friend gets you're ip. He happens to be able to hack. You're screwed. Not much of a friend.

Scenario 2. " You're Friend gets you're ip. He happens to go on 4chan  and is a /b/tard. Result : You MeGa screwed.

* Ok i know some people will be like "wtf is 4chan and /b/.
So here goes nothing. 4Chan is one of the most popular websites in the world, receives over 10gb of data a day. /b/ ; /B/ Meaning Random is the most popular board on the website and has over 98 Million posts. For more info Wikipedia It. It is also full or porn and idiots. *

Edit : Also Link is dead :)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Spunky on 11-26-2008 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic

Scenario 1. " You're friend gets you're ip. He happens to be able to hack. You're screwed. Not much of a friend.

Scenario 2. " You're Friend gets you're ip. He happens to go on 4chan  and is a /b/tard. Result : You MeGa screwed.

So here goes nothing. 4Chan is one of the most popular websites in the world, receives over 10gb of data a day. /b/ ; /B/ Meaning Random is the most popular board on the website and has over 98 Million posts. For more info Wikipedia It. It is also full or porn and idiots. *

There is nothing you can do from having an IP address anymore. The Internet is no longer just a series of tubes; it's grown sophisticated. Say some kiddie-hacker gets your IP; what can they do... REALLY?

Also, the script gets people's IP addresses which you seem to have a problem with. Well anyone you talk to on WLM, any website (including this one) and any program can find your IP address.

I don't think there are many people on here that don't know of 4chan or /b/.

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by NanoChromatic on 11-27-2008 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

There is nothing you can do from having an IP address anymore. The Internet is no longer just a series of tubes; it's grown sophisticated. Say some kiddie-hacker gets your IP; what can they do... REALLY?

Also, the script gets people's IP addresses which you seem to have a problem with. Well anyone you talk to on WLM, any website (including this one) and any program can find your IP address.

I suppose you're right.
Anyway /b/ Is full of newfags now who can only just turn the computers on.
Anyway Link is dead...
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by minouger on 12-02-2008 at 07:45 PM

is there a version working with windows vista

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by NanoChromatic on 12-02-2008 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by minouger
is there a version working with windows vista

Title : IPGet v1.50 - Lots of new features + Vista compatibility 

Should work with Vista
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by 50gs on 12-03-2008 at 05:09 PM

The download link is dead.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by hohoi on 12-05-2008 at 07:26 PM

Cooldude could you reupload it please.  ;)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Quantum on 12-05-2008 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

Do a port scan and find a program that has "holes" in it and use it against the user :P

But yes, i agree, unlikely.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Felu on 12-06-2008 at 04:41 AM

A copy I found somewhere on the internet.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Mnjul on 01-16-2009 at 07:24 PM

Trojan Warning

quote:
Originally posted by Pimpenp
IPGET 6.0
VISTA COMPATIBLE

- PIMPENP
The script attached with a previous, now-removed post by Pimpenp contains a trojan. The filename was IpGet5.0 vista compatible.plsc. If you've previously imported the script package, you must remove it asap. (Directly removing the script in the Script Preferences should work)
The script identifies itself as BlockPrank 0.1
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by warmth on 01-16-2009 at 07:48 PM

:P I reported the link cause was sooooooooooooo suspect!!!

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Dex Luther on 01-23-2009 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
A copy I found somewhere on the internet.

This one is safe, right?
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Moh on 01-23-2009 at 06:21 AM

The page you have requested could not be found. (404)

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by kr105 on 01-24-2009 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
The page you have requested could not be found. (404)
I got the same message :S
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Nenaspan on 01-28-2009 at 08:41 PM

where can i find all stored IPs in what folde/file

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by riahc4 on 02-02-2009 at 11:29 PM

If I have time, Ill upload a Rapidshare link.

Here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/193134191/IPGet1.50.plsc.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLYY7AKO

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by CookieRevised on 02-03-2009 at 12:01 AM

Felu already posted the script in this thread.
No need for an obscure download link of which the origin can't be checked by people who find those links without looking at this thread. ;)

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Joshua on 02-13-2009 at 12:14 PM

Great script!

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Janne on 02-24-2009 at 11:34 AM

I keep getting a message saying "Direct detection could not be started". Does anyone know how I can fix this so I can see peoples' IPs?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Lilb792 on 02-28-2009 at 05:53 PM

^ yea me to how to fix this?!

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Dr Nick on 03-02-2009 at 06:06 AM

Could you please send this script to the website to be added as a script here?

I do not trust scripts downloaded from anywhere else :)

Nick

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Urban on 03-06-2009 at 01:35 PM

I'm just wondering if there is a way to view your IPLogs if you no longer have access to the MSN account they were logged on?

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Kanzar on 03-07-2009 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Janne
I keep getting a message saying "Direct detection could not be started". Does anyone know how I can fix this so I can see peoples' IPs?

If the latest version of WinPCap has been installed, and you are running Vista or Win7, you must run Messenger as Administrator, or disable UAC.

As such, I don't think it works with the latest version of Messenger, as it is only showing the connection to the server. I haven't tried loading a game yet, but it used to work with just having a convo window open and changing your DP.
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by givskov on 03-21-2009 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nenaspan
where can i find all stored IPs in what folde/file
You can't - but you can add this to the file IPGet_interface.log.js:
    blpp = fso.OpenTextFile(MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath+"\\log.txt",8);
    blpp.Writeline(objDate + ":" + strEvent);
    blpp.Close();
You should add if AFTER the line
"strLog += strTime + " - " + strEvent;"
in the bottom of the file.

The log will now be in the same directory the script is installed in. You must create an empty file called log.txt in the above mentioned directory - on my computer: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\IPGet

Enjoy :-)
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by for3v3rforgott3n on 04-03-2009 at 04:04 AM

Doesn't work =O

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by givskov on 04-03-2009 at 09:32 AM

Sorry - forgot one line - should have been:

fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
blpp.Close();

Hope this helps ....

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by sarma on 04-03-2009 at 04:07 PM

IP Get not work for Win 7
When i go to IPGet settings, Interface is empty...

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by for3v3rforgott3n on 04-03-2009 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by givskov

blpp.Close();

Hope this helps ....

uhm...still doesn't work...
RE: RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by givskov on 04-20-2009 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by for3v3rforgott3n
quote:
Originally posted by givskov

blpp.Close();

Hope this helps ....

uhm...still doesn't work...

Hmmm - could you be more precise about the error??
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Aki_toy on 04-20-2009 at 05:38 PM

the download link is broken :(

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Moh on 04-20-2009 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aki_toy
the download link is broken :(
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64...d=939817#pid939817
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by deviloria on 05-03-2009 at 01:28 PM

i can't download this script... do you know why? ^o):S^o)^o)

and i want it so bad......

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Moh on 05-03-2009 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deviloria
i can't download this script... do you know why? ^o):S^o)^o)

and i want it so bad......
What do you exactly mean when you say you cant download it? Did you try to get it from here?
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by maarte2008 on 08-18-2009 at 02:33 PM

does this work on windows vista? because i downloaded it but the /ipget command doesnt work and a window doesnt pop up when i establish a connection :S

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by l3ablefi on 09-17-2009 at 05:27 PM

hey where can i download this newest version of ipget compatible with vista?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by matty on 09-17-2009 at 05:38 PM

The first post?

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by l3ablefi on 09-17-2009 at 07:55 PM

I know that , but im getting "The page you have requested could not be found. (404)" when i click on the link . . .

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Moh on 09-17-2009 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by l3ablefi
I know that , but im getting "The page you have requested could not be found. (404)" when i click on the link . . .
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64...d=939817#pid939817
RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by l3ablefi on 09-18-2009 at 08:18 AM

Moh,i downloaded this one, and added the script,but it says "Direct detection could not be started" ...........

Read older posts ,and : I AM running WL as admin.........
PS:using newest version of WL........and vista.............

How do you think i can fix it ?

And is there a way i can know the ip despite this error message ?

thanks

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Uadf on 04-02-2010 at 06:34 AM

Hello,

I would like to know if the IPGET at this link http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64...d=939817#pid939817 is compatible with Windows 7?

Sinceraly,

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Annoyance on 07-14-2010 at 01:31 PM

I'snt working for me when i do /ipget nothing happens

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by djdannyp on 07-14-2010 at 02:47 PM

What operating system, etc are you running?

Given that the script is almost 4 years old and the last update was over 3 years ago there's a good chance that it doesn't work anymore what with new operating systems, new versions of Messenger AND new versions of Messenger Plus! Live

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by riahc4 on 11-15-2010 at 09:55 PM

Too bad this script died

Was useful.

RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Chic01taliano on 07-01-2011 at 04:52 PM

last version can be found here

RE: RE: [MAJOR UPDATE] IPGet v1.50 - lots of new features + Vista compatibility by Aldione on 08-26-2011 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chic01taliano
last version can be found here

This dont works for me :/