Shoutbox

Recommendations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Recommendations (/showthread.php?tid=64367)

Recommendations by Vimto on 08-02-2006 at 04:44 PM

Can anyone recommend songs along the lines of the style of these two (I love them)

Dance, Dance - Fallout Boy
Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off - Panic At The Disco

If you know them.

RE: Recommendations by stoshrocket on 08-02-2006 at 05:04 PM

why not get aload more by the bands there?? there is also this online radio that suggests music you might like, but i forgot the website... humm... last i remember it was a BETA open to americans (but that can be fixed by entering a false ZIP code..) hum..

EDIT: Pandora... that was the one

http://www.pandora.com/

RE: Recommendations by absorbation on 08-02-2006 at 05:09 PM

Pandora is a free service that helps you find songs you like and listen to full playbacks in excellent quality :P.

RE: Recommendations by stoshrocket on 08-02-2006 at 05:25 PM

yes?? and??

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Can anyone recommend songs along the lines of the style of these two (I love them)
it says nowhere that she wants something that plays those two songs, just the styles of them
RE: Recommendations by LoochTheMan on 08-02-2006 at 10:33 PM

I would recommend:

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies

RE: Recommendations by Jimcando on 08-02-2006 at 10:55 PM

Since you like bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, I'd recommend any songs by these bands:
The Academy Is..., Punchline, Amber Pacific and possibly Alkaline Trio *-)

But ya wanna be more into Ska, not that wannabemo stuff :refuck:

RE: Recommendations by marissa on 08-03-2006 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by methos
why not get aload more by the bands there?? there is also this online radio that suggests music you might like, but i forgot the website... humm... last i remember it was a BETA open to americans (but that can be fixed by entering a false ZIP code..) hum..

EDIT: Pandora... that was the one

http://www.pandora.com/

or theres like last.fm... (www.last.fm) you listen to music and it'll tell you what else you might like from different artists if you like a certain one..

i dont like those bands so i dunno what else sounds like them
RE: Recommendations by Ghost A7X on 08-03-2006 at 04:56 AM

dude i would go wit anything from a band called Rise Against, i think ud like em if your into panic nd fall out buy

o yeah u should also look up Motion City Soundtrack , those guys kick ass

RE: Recommendations by Joe on 08-03-2006 at 05:35 AM

ModernRock.com

I don't like all of their songs they put up there, and there a few odd ones every once in a while, but try out some of those, you seem to share the same taste that I do.

RE: Recommendations by Vimto on 08-03-2006 at 04:18 PM

Thanks but can anybody recommend any names of songs along the lines of the styles of the songs I mentioned.

RE: Recommendations by vaccination on 08-03-2006 at 04:42 PM

The pandora thing is amazing all you do is type in the song or artist of what you like and it will give you other songs by different people that have the same sought of rhythm and sound and then you tell it whether you like the song or not and it either finds a new song or lets you listen to the end of that song and finds more like it. It's exactly what you looking for if you ask me.

RE: Recommendations by FrozenDaggers on 08-05-2006 at 12:13 PM

Panic! At The Disco - Time To Dance.

:D