Shoutbox

Font variable [for developpement] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Font variable [for developpement] (/showthread.php?tid=64404)

Font variable [for developpement] by Josellis on 08-03-2006 at 09:20 AM

I am trying to add a function to the "huhu clone" plugin.

This function is that it also copies the font of the contact (font, bold, italic, underline, etc.).

The problem is that I can't find the string/variable for the font.

code:
    var CntDP = Cnt.DisplayPicture;
    Messenger.MyDisplayPicture = CntDP;

What I am trying to find is the equivalent of "CntDP" and "Messenger.MyDisplayPicture" but for the font (font, italic, blod, underline). I don't know if it is something like "CntFont" (which includes the fond, bold, italic, underline) or "CntFont" (which includes the fond), "CntFontBold" or "CntFB" (which includes the bold) etc.

I hope you understand what I mean ...
RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Matti on 08-03-2006 at 09:47 AM

There is no preset variable in the Contact object containing the current font face of the contact. If it would be there, Huhu Clone probably had it. ;)

I wonder if you can determine the font name using complex DLL functions or w/e, but we have some more experienced members here to answer on that... don't we? :)

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 10:23 AM

Determining a contact's font without sniffing network packets or API hooking the windowless RichEdit will be very difficult, and almost impossible to do reliably.

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Josellis on 08-03-2006 at 10:33 AM

but is it possible?

I heard only some "maybe possible" and "might be impossible". But why wouldn't it be easy to do? I am not a very good programmer, and I have no clue how MSN works.

If the font is sent with message, wouldn't we be able to determine the font simply by analysing the data sent?

With the window (when you are chatting) is it possible to make a script which explores the conversation for the contact's messages and then find the font it is writen in?

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 11:40 AM

Packet sniffers are not the easiest things to write. They can get quite complex, and they also need to hook into the system at a fairly low level. It's not for inexperienced programmers. Nor is trying to get the font from the convo window using script.

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Josellis on 08-03-2006 at 11:44 AM

can someone write a script for that?

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Dempsey on 08-03-2006 at 12:02 PM

Couldn't [Release] Xniff (ActiveX Packet Sniffer) - Examples inside be used for this?

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Josellis on 08-05-2006 at 12:02 AM

It might work, only I have no idea how to use that script ... I don't even know how to open it :)

I thought that finding the script would be very easy ... but I see now that it isn't as easy as I thought and I don't think I would be able to do that alone ...

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Huhu_Manix on 08-05-2006 at 12:14 AM

Don't forget after found font color, bold, etc... We need to apply them into the chat window.

There's command /font in msg plus, but no command for other setting as color...

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Joereynolds89 on 08-05-2006 at 12:21 AM

colour can be set using bbcode, [c=colour][/c] for example

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by deAd on 08-05-2006 at 12:35 AM

After you get the color and font name (and style), you can binary encrypt it, change the WLM Font registry key, and then close/open the open conversation windows. :P

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Huhu_Manix on 08-05-2006 at 12:41 AM

Oh yes sorry i forgot [c=n], [b], [i] ! :$

EDIT : But if the contact doesn't have msg plus...

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by Josellis on 08-05-2006 at 01:17 AM

For now I am only getting some "might be possible", "maybe if", etc.

Could someone PLEASE tell me yes or no if it is posible or not?

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by lanky3 on 08-05-2006 at 08:26 AM

if somebody can make this script that would be too cool

RE: Font variable [for developpement] by cloudhunter on 08-05-2006 at 07:34 PM

Yes it would be possible in a script, however it wouldn't be easy. I think it will be implimented in the scripting system eventually though, but only time will tell ;)

Cloudy