Shoutbox

Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. (/showthread.php?tid=64406)

Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by Felu on 08-03-2006 at 09:42 AM

My Desktop PC which i mostly work on log me out of windows as a log in into the PC. I have tried Safe Mode(without and with networking) but i dont get access to internet too :undecided:. Is there any way to solve this out.

Thanks a lot in adavance.

RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by Kenji on 08-03-2006 at 10:04 AM

you could try to do a system rstore in safe mode, that might work...

RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by Felu on 08-03-2006 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
you could try to do a system rstore in safe mode, that might work...
Nah.... Tried that. I think some virus has done such a thing that it has changed the registry the registries :(.
RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by Kenji on 08-03-2006 at 10:08 AM

Havent you got a virus checker like norton or avg free?

RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by Felu on 08-03-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
Havent you got a virus checker like norton or avg free?
McAfee cant find a virus.

Trying to boot using Windows CD. That may do the trick.
RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 10:22 AM

The Windows CD has a Recovery Console, so that should help you out a bit.

RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by Felu on 08-03-2006 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

Trying to boot using Windows CD. That may do the trick.
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
The Windows CD has a Recovery Console, so that should help you out a bit.
Yay! it worked [Image: banana.gif]!!
RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by DJeX on 08-03-2006 at 07:43 PM

I don't think your problem was a virus. I think a file may have been corrupt. Windows will automaticly restart to prevent your system from being harmed. So once you tryed to log in a critical error occured then Windows restarted. Your supose to see a blue screen but sometimes it does not show.

RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by vaccination on 08-03-2006 at 07:45 PM

The BSoD(blue screen of death) only appears if you have restart on system failure turned on off. (what was i smoking?)

RE: Virus!!! Windows logs me off when i log in. by ryxdp on 08-07-2006 at 05:05 AM

vaccination: correction, turned OFF. I once had a system failure, something happened to my sound driver. I was turning my volume up, and all of a sudden the *ding* thing that comes up when you adjust the volume, kept on looping. then stopped and it totally fizzled and restarted.

I swear i could smell smoke.:o

Yes, probably a corrupted file.