Shoutbox

idea for script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: idea for script (/showthread.php?tid=64416)

idea for script by hugo46 on 08-03-2006 at 01:41 PM

i don't know how to write a script but i have an idea for one...
try to script it ;-)

script that in voice clips and voice conversation change my voice (pitch it or sometiong like that)

is that possible???

RE: idea for script by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 01:56 PM

Not with a script, I don't think. Since to alter the pitch of a sound, you'll need to pass the sound through a software DSP to alter the pitch before the sound reaches the soundcard.

RE: idea for script by rob_botch on 08-03-2006 at 02:53 PM

As the sound is sent over the internet, could you not just sniff the packets and then modify it? I am sure that somebody found code to intercept all traffic that WLM uses.

I hope that this helps

Robert

RE: idea for script by RaceProUK on 08-03-2006 at 04:01 PM

The sounds will be Base64-encoded before being attached to the message, as with any binary file. So the best place to apply the DSP will be either before the sound is encoded for sending, or after it is decoded on receipt.

RE: idea for script by rob_botch on 08-03-2006 at 04:02 PM

Well, if theye are decoded on receipt, would it not be possible to decode them before sending, and then encode again? Or is that too difficult to do?

Robert

RE: idea for script by hugo46 on 08-03-2006 at 04:17 PM

i don't understand nothing in your programing language... i am a simple user that want to do this "Voice Change", there is any simple way for a guy like me to do it?

RE: idea for script by rob_botch on 08-03-2006 at 04:19 PM

OK, perhaps not. But a more experienced programmer than you (or I) might be able to!

Robert

RE: idea for script by hugo46 on 08-03-2006 at 05:09 PM

if you will tell me what to do i'll know how to do it, i just don't know the technology, and how to write it from the begining until the compiling

RE: idea for script by RaceProUK on 08-04-2006 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rob_botch
Well, if theye are decoded on receipt, would it not be possible to decode them before sending, and then encode again? Or is that too difficult to do?

Robert
It's not tne encoding and decoding that's hard, it's the getting the data ion the first place that's hard.