Shoutbox

Saying no.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Saying no.. (/showthread.php?tid=64450)

Saying no.. by Aldoria on 08-04-2006 at 03:58 AM

Okay well my dad wants me to go to Toronto with him tomorow and he didn't ask me and he bought me the plane ticket tomorow.. Then he was talking to me through the phone and he hung up on me and said I didnt have to come, and I have a party coming up in 2 days that I will miss if I go.. so how do I say that I don't want to go...? I need serious help.

~Aldoria

RE: Saying no.. by NiteMare on 08-04-2006 at 04:00 AM

sa you can't do it so fast, you have a party to go to and you don't wnat to go

just be honest

RE: Saying no.. by Adeptus on 08-04-2006 at 04:04 AM

What's the reason for this trip?

RE: Saying no.. by Aldoria on 08-04-2006 at 04:13 AM

My dad bought a new car and he wants me to fly there to drive back in it -.-

Im saying Im sick.. lol.

RE: Saying no.. by Chrono on 08-04-2006 at 04:23 AM

pft he will know that you're lying. there's no one stupid enough to believe such kind of lies :dodgy:. If he finds out that you're lying then he could get the wrong idea of why you dont want to go :P.

I'd simply say the truth. It shouldnt be that hard.. :P

RE: Saying no.. by Adeptus on 08-04-2006 at 04:31 AM

You have to realize that your dad might let you stay, but he will be annoyed.  Most plane tickets, especially purchased on such short notice, are non-refundable.  Whatever he paid for it (probably quite a bit) is going to be money wasted.  On the other hand, he will probably let you stay home if you insist, as I doubt he wants a grouchy companion on a long ride.

If you haven't made that trip by car before, it could be interesting too and might be worth missing the party for -- consider that.

If your final decision is that you want to stay, then I'd have to agree with NiteMare.  Just tell your dad the real reason why (point out that you had committed to the party before the trip came up) and ask if you can stay.

RE: Saying no.. by L. Coyote on 08-04-2006 at 04:36 AM

I miss these types of problems... :P

Just be honest.

But like Adeptus said, it could be an interesting trip. Parties can be done in any moments, but trips like that are not so common. :P Well, I'm not a party person, anyway... (au)

RE: Saying no.. by vaccination on 08-04-2006 at 09:38 AM

Just be honest.

But Adeptus is right it could be a cool journey and a good time for bonding. But if you really don't want to go, be honest and say it i'm sure he will understand.

* vaccination goes to party :banana:

j/k

RE: Saying no.. by Rik on 08-04-2006 at 11:11 AM

in my oppinion you should say the thruth but also think that for your father buy the tickets in such a short notice he may really want to spend some time with you and it might be fun :)

RE: Saying no.. by joemailey on 08-04-2006 at 11:15 AM

All i say is.

Whats so big about this party that means you can't spend some quality time with your dad for long journey home.

My dad use to drive long distances all time i use to love going with him some quality time and good fun. see'n places i have never been.

Your 13(well your profile says that lol), no offense but your gonna have alot more parties to go to which will be alot better than the one you want to go to.

Spend some time with only guy you can trust your hold life, it aint never that bad. Maybe thats what your dad wants you to come for :-)

RE: Saying no.. by Jimcando on 08-04-2006 at 01:51 PM

It's been said a few times before, but I think that you should really think about going with you're dad. Road trips are always fun :P

But then again you must have a good reason for not wanting to go with him. If you really truly honestly cannot miss the party for anything, then you should just tell your dad exactly that.

RE: Saying yes.. by VincentChow.net on 08-05-2006 at 04:20 PM

Hi guys,
I think that you should go with your dad.
It is worth going, because it may not have a second chance.
A party is actually not so important, it can be simply organized the other day. But the time you spend with your dad will never come back. Also, it might be a waste of money as the plane ticket has been bought.

RE: RE: Saying no.. by just_a_name on 08-07-2006 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
All i say is.

Whats so big about this party that means you can't spend some quality time with your dad for long journey home.

My dad use to drive long distances all time i use to love going with him some quality time and good fun. see'n places i have never been.

Your 13(well your profile says that lol), no offense but your gonna have alot more parties to go to which will be alot better than the one you want to go to.

Spend some time with only guy you can trust your hold life, it aint never that bad. Maybe thats what your dad wants you to come for :-)

I agree with this... as you get older you start to realise how much your parents have sacrificed just for you (I never appreciated it when I was your age, hell even until I was about 19 really). He brought you a car, the least you could do would be to go pick it up. If your dad just annoys you (like my parents did), just put up with it lol. Unless there are serious serious issues between you and him I wouldn't consider ditching.

Also, the thing about there being more parties to go to, bigger and better. So so so true :)
RE: Saying no.. by ayjay on 08-07-2006 at 12:52 PM

Why do people post threads like these on a forum full of people they don't even know 8-)