Shoutbox

Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? (/showthread.php?tid=64467)

Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by rdj on 08-04-2006 at 07:46 PM

I recently bought a video camera and then installed its program, DVD-MovieAlbum SE 4.2, so that I could connect the camcoder with the PC. First, the program worked fine but then I had to reinstall it since it wasn't recognizing the cd format when it should have had. After, uninstalling the program I tried to install it again but I received a message that showed that installation got interrupted because of an error. After that I wasn't able to access the program (since it wasn't fully installed), nor could I see it in the "add/remove programs". So I tried to install it again but I got a message as I already had a copy of the program and should unistall it first. I went to program files and deleted the whole folder for the program, and went to search and deleted everything else "laying around", even the Start shortcuts. When trying to reinstall the program I'm still not able to do it as it says the same thing "You already have a copy and should uninstall it first".

Please, help me on this issue

Thanks

RE: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by Supersonicdarky on 08-04-2006 at 08:50 PM

get a registry cleaner and let it remove the registry keys "lying around" because its not as easy as deleting shortcuts

RE: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by beware_of_this_guy on 10-08-2006 at 01:16 AM

Go to program files and delete its folder if it is still there

RE: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by cloudhunter on 10-08-2006 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beware_of_this_guy
Go to program files and delete its folder if it is still there

quote:
Originally posted by rdj
I went to program files and deleted the whole folder for the program

Hes already tried that

RE: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by rdj on 10-10-2006 at 06:11 PM

I'm just gonna reformat the hard drive. This should take care of the problem.

What is better?

Back up through DVD data files or buy an external hard drive?

Ayone knows any reason why my PC turns off for no reason and restarts. (If it's a virus then Mccafee definetely can't catch it.)

Thanks for you input guys!!

RE: RE: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by rav0 on 10-13-2006 at 03:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rdj
What is better?

Back up through DVD data files or buy an external hard drive?
DVD. It's much cheaper, you only need to buy as many disks as you will be using, and you can just buy more disks when you need them.

quote:
Originally posted by rdj
Ayone knows any reason why my PC turns off for no reason and restarts. (If it's a virus then Mccafee definetely can't catch it.)
I'd say that it's a hardware problem (perhaps overheating or power loss), not a virus or some other dodgy software.
RE: Uninstalling a program that does not exist!? by rdj on 10-13-2006 at 02:24 PM

Thanks again!!!