Shoutbox

Command not found error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Command not found error (/showthread.php?tid=64471)

Command not found error by Spunky on 08-04-2006 at 08:52 PM

Ok, I've got an error (seems to only happen if the command opens an interface), but whenever I type the command, I get the following error message:

'The command you entered was not recognized.
If the message was not meant to be a command, insert a double "//" at it's beginning.'

I've had the message before if theres been a problem with my scripts, but there dosent appear to be a problem. As I said, this only seems to happen if the command is used to open an interface.

Any ideas why? *-)

RE: Command not found error by J-Thread on 08-04-2006 at 09:01 PM

Give the code that you use to check the command please :-)

RE: Command not found error by Spunky on 08-04-2006 at 09:04 PM

Right, I'll just post the script as a text file a minute because I'm not completley sure which part you want *total noob* :S

RE: Command not found error by J-Thread on 08-04-2006 at 09:23 PM

I don't see any wrong code there, haven't got time to test it...

The error occurs on both (/look4 & /cl) commands?

RE: Command not found error by Spunky on 08-04-2006 at 09:34 PM

Ok, you've kinda pointed out a problem to me that explains it... When using the "/cl" command, the "/look4" command gets called as well.  The "/look4" command needs an email address specified as a parameter. Typing "/cl email@domain.com" works fine...

Any idea why it's calling both functions? Should I just use if statements rather than using cases?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way :D

EDIT: Done some tinkering now and it's working. Thanks for your help anyway else I wouldn't have noticed the cause. (Y)