Shoutbox

[Release] PSM+ 4 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] PSM+ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=64514)

[Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 08-05-2006 at 09:24 PM

Displays many details in your personal message.

Version 4 has finally been completed as much as can be done without a wide range of user input, so I'm offering the download :p

BETA Testers:

1. duck!
2. Chris4
3. toddy
4. Lukas
5. JimboDude

Special Words that can be used:

%skin - The Messenger Plus Live! Skin you are currently using
%online - Number of online contacts
%offline - Number of offline contacts
%busy - Number of busy contacts
%away - Number of away contacts
%idle - Number of idle contacts
%incall - Number of contacts in a call
%lunch - Number of contacts out to lunch
%brb - Number of be right back contacts
%total - Number of total contacts
%blocked - Number of blocked contacts
%sent - Number of messages sent
%received - Number of messages received
%time - The current time
%date - The current date
%unread - Number of unread emails in your inbox
%chats - Number of open conversations
%tempc - Temperature in degrees C*
%tempf - Temperature in degrees F*
%current - The last person to send/receive a message (Nicknames feature)
%plususers - Number of people with colours in their names**
%plusonline - Number of Plus! users currently online**
%scripts - Number of scripts imported into MP!L
%runningscripts - Number of scripts running
%uptime - Windows Uptime
%mostonline - Most users online at one time

*You must obtain a "City Code" from www.weather.com to use this feature.
**This does not accuratly detect Plus! users, but instead checks names and personal messages for colours and so gives a fair idea of who does and doesn't use Plus!

Any bugs or suggestions? - Let me know about them

323 Previous Downloads! :o

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by deAd on 08-05-2006 at 09:40 PM

You can enable/disable any script through the plus! preferences :P

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-05-2006 at 09:42 PM

Yeah, but I did have commands to turn it on and off. I just took them out and decided to use the GUI instead. I will add the commands back in on the final release...

Smart Arse :D

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by bugmenot on 08-05-2006 at 10:41 PM

Nice one, Im gonna use this.

Thanks.

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by lrac522 on 08-05-2006 at 11:55 PM

Very nice script but I realized that if I should try to configure then click OK while my chats are open, nothing happens, will not execute, have to cancel. Hi all...(Y)

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by alexp2_ad on 08-06-2006 at 12:02 AM

Does this really have to labelled "beta"?  I know that's the style, what with Google and Web 2.0 and all that, but for something as small as this... couldn't you just test it thoroughly? :/

EDIT:  If this comes off as mean then sorry, I'm slightly drunk.  But seriously, it doesn't need to be beta.

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by P4R4D0x on 08-06-2006 at 08:34 AM

Hey, Got a bug, opening convos works fine but each time I close a convo majority of my psm will change to 'NaN'...any thoughts?

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Tan_Hu on 08-06-2006 at 11:50 AM

the script only works at the first time i install it then it stop work'n
but the main problem is when i try to open settings window this happens look ma SS
i started to like this script :( pls make i work mates!
edit: i put a screen shot here ^^ but u cant see it :(( let me try again

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-06-2006 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irac522
Very nice script but I realized that if I should try to configure then click OK while my chats are open, nothing happens, will not execute, have to cancel. Hi all...(Smilie)

I'll check my code... the settings DO save, but you have to press cancel to close  the window for some reason... I think the OK button closes the window instead of hiding it. I added a function to reopen it if it was closed as the window needs to be open to use the script, it just hides.

quote:
Originally posted by Alexp2_ad
Does this really have to labelled "beta"?  I know that's the style, what with Google and Web 2.0 and all that, but for something as small as this... couldn't you just test it thoroughly? :/

It is a Beta version though as I wanted feedback on features that OTHER users have trouble with. If I tested it thoroughly, there is still a chance that it may not work on other people's computers. Judgin by some of these replies, I'm glad I did test it.

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
Hey, Got a bug, opening convos works fine but each time I close a convo majority of my psm will change to 'NaN'...any thoughts?

NaN obviously means "Not a Number". I had this problem if the %chats variable was not at the start of the message string... I did fix this though *-) What's the message you're trying to display, or is it the default one?

quote:
Originally posted by Tan_Hu
but the main problem is when i try to open settings window this happens look ma SS

Look at what? I had a problem during testing where the script would be turned off in the preferences window for Plus! If you open the settings panel and then untick the "Enable this script" box and then retick it, it SHOULD work.  I think that's something to do with me reading the Enabled variable from the registry ^o)
RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Geo on 08-06-2006 at 03:31 PM

the script doesn't work :(

the var 'settings' is not good !!!

Appel de la fonction : OnEvent_MenuClicked
Erreur : 'settings' a la valeur Null ou n'est pas un objet..
         Ligne : 228. Code : -2146823281.
La fonction OnEvent_MenuClicked a retourné une erreur. Code : -2147352567
Appel de la fonction : OnEvent_ChatWndCreated
created
         Ligne : 165. Code : -2146823281.
La fonction OnEvent_ChatWndCreated a retourné une erreur. Code : -2147352567
Appel de la fonction : OnEvent_ChatWndDestroyed
destroyed
         Ligne : 172. Code : -2146823281.
La fonction OnEvent_ChatWndDestroyed a retourné une erreur. Code : -2147352567

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-06-2006 at 03:37 PM

code:
function OnEvent_Initialize(){
settings = MsgPlus.CreateWnd("Interface.xml", "main",1);
Debug.Trace("Done It");
}

settings should be equal to the Id of the settings window... There might be a problem with the installation of the script on your PC. This is the only complaint I've had regarding this :s
RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Geo on 08-06-2006 at 03:59 PM

I renamed the Var settings, but it does not work :S

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-06-2006 at 04:01 PM

Have you tried removing the script and then adding it again?

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Geo on 08-06-2006 at 04:02 PM

Yes, but without result

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-06-2006 at 04:05 PM

I can't understand why it's not working, as it is working fine on everybody elses...

Try adding some:

code:
Debug.Trace("Message")

This may clear up if a funcation isn't being called for some reason... The reason it doesn't make sense is that it's the OnEvent_Initialize function thats called before any other in the script. Check your plus! preferences and go down to scripts... It might say that the script is "stopped" for some reason... :s
RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Geo on 08-06-2006 at 04:14 PM

The problem is situated from the initialization

Démarrage du script
Script chargé et prêt à l'emploi
Appel de la fonction : OnEvent_Initialize
Done It
         Ligne : 151. Code : -2146823281.
La fonction OnEvent_Initialize a retourné une erreur. Code : -2147

Nevertheless I have the others script which use in the function(MsgPlus. CreateWnd () without problem.

I continuous to look where from comes the problem.
Thank you

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by matty on 08-06-2006 at 08:18 PM

I pmed him with a version I recoded for him he may release it but who knows.

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-06-2006 at 09:34 PM

Thanks to Matty for this new version. It really is a lot less code :D

I'm sure I'll get better as I go along ;)

Updated first post with Matty's Edited script

quote:

I would have suspected an error with the XML file (encoding or whatever), but it seems to work OK on other PCs... I would suggest downloading the new version (Just click the attachment in the first post)

Sorry About the double post, but I feel that as this is a response to a problem and contains no new information, that it should be seperated slightly....
RE: RE: RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Tan_Hu on 08-06-2006 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

I would have suspected an error with the XML file (encoding or whatever), but it seems to work OK on other PCs... I would suggest downloading the new version (Just click the attachment in the first post)

Sorry About the double post, but I feel that as this is a response to a problem and contains no new information, that it should be seperated slightly....

still same :(( lolz!!
RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-06-2006 at 11:25 PM

OMG! I'll look into the XML... I may know why it's slightly wierd :p I'll have to check after work tomorrow though now.

If I can't fix it, I'll release a version that implements command lines as well :D

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by lrac522 on 08-07-2006 at 02:23 AM

Seems to be working ok at da mo. I just luv this script. Hi all...(Y)

RE: RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by P4R4D0x on 08-07-2006 at 03:59 AM

quote:
quote:

NaN obviously means "Not a Number". I had this problem if the %chats variable was not at the start of the message string... I did fix this though *-) What's the message you're trying to display, or is it the default one?

Why couldn't it just be zero??

+> Chats Open [ %chats ] <+
RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Jimbo on 08-07-2006 at 10:14 AM

cool script

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-07-2006 at 03:49 PM

quote:

I didn't make it say "NaN" if it equals 0... It's just happened for some reason. If there are no open chats, the defualt message reads:

"0 Chats Open | Current Status: Available"

I'm going to try to let you change your personal message from the Contact List and make it so that %chats and %status still works, rather than HAVING to use the interface, which should let anybody that experiences the same problems veiwing theinterface that Tan_Hu has.

Expect this to be released soon. As nobody has really suggested any new features, it will probably be a final version and I'll submit it to the script database too.

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Geo on 08-07-2006 at 04:43 PM

Hello,
On the new version of the script, my problem changed.

Démarrage du script
Script chargé et prêt à l'emploi
Appel de la fonction : OnEvent_Initialize
Appel de la fonction : OnEvent_MenuClicked
Erreur : 'null' a la valeur Null ou n'est pas un objet..
         Ligne : 99. Code : -2146823281.
La fonction OnEvent_MenuClicked a retourné une erreur. Code : -2147352567

^o)

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-08-2006 at 06:36 PM

I've checked over Matty's revised code and this should work... Can't read much French, but I think it says something about " 'null' equals Null or is not an object".

The only error i've had is the "Interop.Call" fail to find the function "BrintToFront", but it still calls the window to the front anyway...

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Supersonicdarky on 08-08-2006 at 07:57 PM

4 things:

1) in the script description it says that it says busy on 4 convos, but the default number is 3
2) add option to have higher priority over media psms (so it wud show how the # of convos when u have music playing if u have 1 or more open)
3) when first started script, said undefined instead of #
4) after opening closing convo the prefs window doesnt pop up

:/

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-08-2006 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
4 convos, but the default number is 3

You said "2 things", but meant 4 :D Thats just left over from the first release of the script. I deliberatley made it so that the media would overwrite it. If you want the number of convos hsown instead, disable the media feature :p Don't know why it said undefined... mine has always given me the correct number, i don't know where people are getting the errors from. I'm looking into the prefs window currently.

RE: RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Supersonicdarky on 08-08-2006 at 08:06 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
4 convos, but the default number is 3

You said "2 things", but meant 4 :D Thats just left over from the first release of the script. I deliberatley made it so that the media would overwrite it. If you want the number of convos hsown instead, disable the media feature :p Don't know why it said undefined... mine has always given me the correct number, i don't know where people are getting the errors from. I'm looking into the prefs window currently.

i edited a sec after i posted, u sure watch this thread :P

and i said add an option to make it overwrite or not

and it shows up after disabling enabling script in plus

and can u make it save the original message so when disabled it goes back to normal?

and it shoes undefined after opening closing prefs

and settings dont show up until next time i dis/enable script in plus, not open/close convo

jeez, thats alot :P

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-08-2006 at 08:10 PM

I'm new! Gimme a break :p I get an email when a message is posted... I will try and rectify some of these problems and add features shortly. I'm currently working on another script for somebody however and it may be a few days at least before this script is finished.

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Supersonicdarky on 08-08-2006 at 08:12 PM

as long as someday it'll be bug-free i'll be ok ;)

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-09-2006 at 09:02 PM

I guess I've been kinda side tracked from this haven't I?  Working a lot at the moment so I'll do what I can (not gonna rush though, my coding is sloppy enough ;p)

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Menthix on 08-10-2006 at 07:26 PM

Hmm... You didn't submit this script to the scripts DB yet, right? (confused, lol :p). Anyway, nice script make sure you submit it if you haven't already done so and you think it's ready enough.

RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-10-2006 at 07:29 PM

The script still appears to have some issues and just randomly doesn't like people :D Works fine on my PC though. Just need some time to neaten some code up and I'll submit it... Working only half day tomorrow so I should have some spare time.

[Slightly off topic]
The script I submitted before was updated a while ago (added GUI and some thing else, can't remember what), so I'll submit both to the script DB at the same time.

RE: RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by P4R4D0x on 08-13-2006 at 05:15 AM

quote:
quote:

I didn't make it say "NaN" if it equals 0... It's just happened for some reason. If there are no open chats, the defualt message reads:

"0 Chats Open | Current Status: Available"

I'm going to try to let you change your personal message from the Contact List and make it so that %chats and %status still works, rather than HAVING to use the interface, which should let anybody that experiences the same problems veiwing theinterface that Tan_Hu has.

Expect this to be released soon. As nobody has really suggested any new features, it will probably be a final version and I'll submit it to the script database too.

Wait, your not getting me, this doesn't happen when I have no convos open, it happens when I close a convo..the numbers go up ok but the numbers don't go down, they just change to NaN, get me now??

As I said in my original post: "opening convos works fine but each time I close a convo majority of my psm will change..."
RE: [Release] Chat Counter by Chris4 on 08-26-2006 at 04:10 AM

A couple of bugs I found.

1. Once I update the settings, I can no longer open the settings again.
2. After I update the settings, the PM changes to 'undefined Chats Open'.

Sorry if they have already been reported.
May only happen with me, not sure.

[Release] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-26-2006 at 08:48 AM

UPDATED:

• Settings window now re-opens
  • No more "undefined Chats" error
  • Plural words supported (use ¬ to add an "s" when there are 0 or 2+ chats open. The ¬ will disappear if 1 chat window is open)

I finally had 10 minutes to go over the script this morning and managed to find a few bugs... It was to do with a couple of the edits Matty made to the code. It is harder to understand someone elses code though :P

EDIT - Can someone also tell me if there is still a problem wit the settings window please?

RE: [Release] Chat Counter by lrac522 on 08-26-2006 at 04:47 PM

quote:
UPDATED:
[list]
[*]Plural words supported (use ¬ to add an "s" when there are 0 or 2+ chats open. The ¬ will disappear if 1 chat window is open)

Why not make ¬ disappear if 0 window is open?
Cancel button still doesn't work.

RE: [Release] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-26-2006 at 04:47 PM

Because "0 Chat Open" is bad English. "0 Chats Open" is ok

RE: [Release] Chat Counter by lrac522 on 08-26-2006 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Because "0 Chat Open" is bad English. "0 Chats Open" is ok
Ok cool...Works fine except for the cancel button. Good Job(Y)
RE: [Release] Chat Counter by Spunky on 08-26-2006 at 10:14 PM

Ok, didn't notice the edited post :p For some reason the code was COMPLETELY left out. lol. Updated it, but not going to upload it until tomorrow now as it gives me time to check for more bugs and, to be honest, I'm in a lazy mood right now :p

RE: [Release] Chat Counter by Spunky on 09-11-2006 at 01:18 PM

Well, it's about time a gave a preview of the newest version... This isn't released yet and still needs a few more things sorted out. Just thought I'd post some screenshots to get you ready ;)

[Image: 1.bmp]
[Image: 2.bmp]
[Image: 3.bmp]

Hoping to include Auto-update feature... Looking for translators pretty soon. Need to go back and edit a lot of things though as when I first made this I didn't have language support in mind. Colours should be included pretty soon, but as you can see can be used already as long as you know the code. There will be more advanced options soon, for now the only options are to change the format of colour codes to IRC from BBCode (pretty experimental right now, but does sort out some problems such as accidentally forming emoticons such as :[) and which picture the Media PSM uses (Music, Games or Office).

So many things in this script were only possible thanks to help received by people in this forum and all my thanks go to them for their respective roles in making this possible.

Expect a release sometime during the week and it'll be updated over a longer period of time.

RE: RE: [Beta] Chat Counter by ins4ne on 09-11-2006 at 01:29 PM

quote:

same here... looks weird with all these window parts everywhere :dodgy:
RE: [Release] Chat Counter by minipatchou on 09-11-2006 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Well, it's about time a gave a preview of the newest version... This isn't released yet and still needs a few more things sorted out. Just thought I'd post some screenshots to get you ready ;)

[Image: 1.bmp]
[Image: 2.bmp]
[Image: 3.bmp]

Hoping to include Auto-update feature... Looking for translators pretty soon. Need to go back and edit a lot of things though as when I first made this I didn't have language support in mind. Colours should be included pretty soon, but as you can see can be used already as long as you know the code. There will be more advanced options soon, for now the only options are to change the format of colour codes to IRC from BBCode (pretty experimental right now, but does sort out some problems such as accidentally forming emoticons such as :[) and which picture the Media PSM uses (Music, Games or Office).

So many things in this script were only possible thanks to help received by people in this forum and all my thanks go to them for their respective roles in making this possible.

Expect a release sometime during the week and it'll be updated over a longer period of time.
wow
its cool nice
cool new figuration window..

RE: [Release] Chat Counter (Version 3.7.5) by Spunky on 09-17-2006 at 11:51 PM

Version 3.7.5 is finally here! :D Goto the first post for details or to download it (Download also available below) :p

EDIT: Spelling...

RE: [Release] Chat Counter (Version 3.7.5) by duck! on 09-20-2006 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Version 3.7.5 is finally here! :D Goto the first post for details or to download it (Donload also available below) :p

[Image: file.gif] Attachment: Chat Counter.plsc (20.41KB)
its cool i didnt have to old one but this one is good
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by Spunky on 09-22-2006 at 03:09 PM

Just a small update (it's not been uploaded yet, but I'll keep you up-to-date until the next release).

%current now resets to blank when ALL chat windows are closed so it doesn't look like you're still talking to someone

%sent added
%received added
Auto-Update added

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by duck! on 09-22-2006 at 04:04 PM

i

quote:
Just a small update (it's not been uploaded yet, but I'll keep you up-to-date until the next release).

%current now resets to blank when ALL chat windows are closed so it doesn't look like you're still talking to someone

%sent added
%received added
Auto-Update added
is this releasedyet

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by Spunky on 09-22-2006 at 04:29 PM

Not officially as version 3.7.5 isn't displayed on the Script Database yet. If anybody wants it, PM me or add me on MSN and I'll send it you

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by duck! on 09-22-2006 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Not officially as version 3.7.5 isn't displayed on the Script Database yet. If anybody wants it, PM me or add me on MSN and I'll send it you
o okay ill wait for the release on here
im still getting used to version 3.7.5
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by jerone on 09-22-2006 at 04:35 PM

oke nice script; ill wait for a beter and bigger version

first bug; i have disabled this script true preference, but it enables itself :(

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by Spunky on 09-22-2006 at 04:37 PM

I've just seen 3.7.5 on the scipt database :D I'll see what else this version needs doing to it before submitting it.

The script has been renamed now so the next version will be called PSM+ (3.7.6)

EDIT:
@jerone: I thought I'd fixed that but obviously not :p I'll update it for version 3.7.6 and post it here ASAP (about 10-20 mins)

I suggest removing the old version first becasue this one is renamed, the last version will still be active and they WILL conflict. :p

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by jerone on 09-22-2006 at 05:12 PM

question; why does your download and topic called PSM+ and is the name on the script database: Chat Counter???
never mind, i just read it

second bug; on tabblad advanced when i want to click rightabove button 'Add Nicknames' i select 'Convert code...'

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by Spunky on 09-22-2006 at 05:15 PM

The download and topic are called PSM+ because I can change those manually. The script database isn't updated every second of every day, so when I submit the next version, it should be changed as well.

As for the error you mention. I'm not quit sure as to what you mean. When I click anywhere around the "Add Nicknames" button it does nothing. When I click the button it works and when I click "Convert code..." it turns the option on or off. I see no bug and nobody else has reported it...

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by jerone on 09-22-2006 at 05:27 PM

just when i want to click the button 'Add Nicknames' i select the option left from it. there is just a invisible layer from the selection above the button.

i've made a screenie; i hope its clear then. just whats the mouse (self made) hight and when the button and selection is activated

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by Spunky on 09-22-2006 at 05:34 PM

I don't know why that is happening as the length of the CheckBox control is not long enough to over lap the button...

RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.5) by jerone on 09-22-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
I don't know why that is happening as the length of the CheckBox control is not long enough to over lap the button...

i dont know eather.

i deinstalled en reinstalled, but but stays
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 09-24-2006 at 01:28 AM

You might be best waiting for the next version. As far as I know, it's got to be a setting you have on your PC rather than a problem with my script.... I know there are errors if you place controls too close together, but as I said, the length of the checkbox label is not long enough to over lap the button

Been working flat out now for several hours to get a language function fully working within the script. I can currently change almost (see PS) any text that the script uses in windows and toasts. So far I have a Spanish translation (missing a few phrases) and an Italian translation is on it's way. I have an option for French and Dutch translations built in already, but need translators (see PS2). Will add ANY languages submitted to me (also see PS2). Hopefully this version (3.7.71) will be released very shortly indeed and it will be more widely used :p

PS: For my Settings window, I am using one main window (WndPref) to hold child windows (one for each "page" of options). When I try and set the text of any control on the WndPref window, I receive an error saying that WndPref does not exist (I know that it does as the event itself is triggered by OnWndPrefEvent_CtrlClicked)

If I use

code:
function OnWndPrefEvent(pWnd, sControlId){
trace(pWnd); //trace is my own function (easier to type) :p
//The window is still open at this point... I checked for common errors in the documentation

it says that pWnd is undefined... Any ideas why?

PS2: To translate for this script, please PM or email me and I will send you the file containing the phrases you will need to translate. Please then send it back to me and I'll edit the file to work with the script :p
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by rockmanneo on 09-26-2006 at 10:45 PM

Why do we have to manually assign nicknames?
Can you make it automatic?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 09-26-2006 at 11:00 PM

The script has no way of determining the nickname of a contact as it is not a property assigned by Messenger or Plus!

Plus! has no way of determining the nicknames of your contacts so a manually defined list is the easiest option. I've noticed some people using it without setting nicknames, meaning the script shows the start of their email address instead. However, I advise against doing this as it kin of advertises your contacts email to people that may use it for immoral purposes.

EDIT: I am going to build in an option to the next version to backup selected information as several times the registry information has been deleted and I have had to assign nicknames again from scratch which is highly annoying. (This isn't really a bug in the script, but I have to test it a lot and new versions aren't always "compatible" with older versions as the may use extra/renamed files as well as using different registry keys. For example, I changed the registry address from the users email address to their user ID, meaning all settings were lost unless transfered using RegEdit)

SCRIPT UPDATE: Currently adding languages, having slight error loading preferences window (Child windows working fine now :D). Next version CAN'T be released until the language problem has been fixed as the incomplete code will still activate causing errors. Version 3.7.71 will be released shortly and uploaded to the script database as soon as possible.

WEBSITE UPDATE: I finally uploaded a website for PSM+! You can visit it at http://psm-plus.co.nr... It's as yet "incomplete" but I want to spread the news early, so that the word can be spread ;)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by CookieRevised on 09-27-2006 at 06:35 AM

quote:
I've noticed some people using it without setting nicknames, meaning the script shows the start of their email address instead. However, I advise against doing this as it kin of advertises your contacts email to people that may use it for immoral purposes.
This could be build in in the script so it refuses to print those emails (replace them with blanks). With the use of a regular expression replace method this is quite easy (and many contacts will thank you ;)).

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 09-27-2006 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This could be build in in the script so it refuses to print those emails (replace them with blanks). With the use of a regular expression replace method this is quite easy (and many contacts will thank you ).

Noted. :p Will just remove the function that inserts the email. it's not much code tbh (about 2-3 lines)
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 10-10-2006 at 12:39 AM

In my quest to make it possible for your PSM to display nearly all information about messenger, I've decided to add some new functions in the next release. They are:

%ip - Your IP Address. (has been requested before)
%percentage - Percentage of Online Conacts.
%blocked - Number of blocked contacts.

The "Colour" tab is going to be removed in the next version and replaced by a "Rotator" function that will allow you to cycle through various PSMs at a set interval.

Language support is so far almost complete. As soon as it is done and upto 100%, I will release version 3.8 of PSM+ and will offer language files for download as and when I get them. The script will eventually be able to automatically get the correct language file for your version (hopefully ;))

I'll try and keep you updated :p

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by brian on 10-10-2006 at 04:20 AM

Small suggestion:  You might want to modify the %offline% to contacts and make the %offline% equal to the total number of contacts minus the %online%? :)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 10-10-2006 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
Small suggestion:  You might want to modify the %offline% to contacts and make the %offline% equal to the total number of contacts minus the %online%?

You'd think so wouldn't you? lol I set %offline for this so that you could use the syntax "%online/%offline". %offline will EVENTUALLY be changed to %total and then %offline will be made again to show ONLY offline contacts. It's the next release though, and who knows how long that'll be...

Anybody that uses the Yahoo! Widget Engine can now benefit from an update widget that alerts you when a newer verion than the one you have is available.  The widget file is 25Kb in size and makes no changes to any part of your PC. It sits happily on your desktop (or out of they way on the "Heads Up Display"). There will be an option soon to automatically update the script when the widget is clicked and an update is available.

Click here to download the widget file - Seems to download as .zip | Please rename to .widget to use correctly

[Image: attachment.php?pid=740719]
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Jimbo on 10-18-2006 at 06:54 AM

First of all, sorry to bring up an old thread, but i've got a problem

I have uninstalled this script completely but when i got to change my PSM, about 5 seconds later it automatically changes back to 'chats open= current status='
(see attachment)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=743501]
Anyone know how to stop this?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 10-18-2006 at 12:39 PM

Hmmm... It could be possible there are multiple instances of the script installed on your computer. Look in the scripts list and see if there are any others called "Chat Counter" or "PSM+" and stop them and then remove them. Also check in the scripts folder.

There was another thread about this with the !open command still working after uninstalling Huhu's script. I think it's down to the script being loaded in memory or something. Correct me if I'm wrong ^o)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by CookieRevised on 10-18-2006 at 02:17 PM

quote:
I think it's down to the script being loaded in memory or something. Correct me if I'm wrong (Smilie)
you're wrong :D

When you remove a script, the script is ended first. If an external ActiveX DLL is used in the script, Plus! will report that not all files could be removed.

So either way, either the script is totally removed completely, or Plus! will give you an error message.

The reason why certain commands still seem to work or things still seem to happen is in almost all cases because of different scripts which use the same commands as your just removed script, duplicated scripts* with a different name, or stuff which relateds to the messenger servers (eg: updates or reverting back of a PSM)...

As for the particular problem of JimboDude, this might also well be of a totally different script's doing. Extremely many scripts have been made (and not always bug free!) which do something with the PSM, so this might well be such script doing this.

eg: a script which backups used PSMs and can restore them. Such a script can linger in the background doing its stuff and restore the previously used PSM frequently due to a bug. But because of the PSM+ script, the PSM will always be set correctly, but i nthe background that other faulty script is still running. Once you removed PSM+, the faulty script takes precidence.

I'm not saying this is the cause, but it is a explanation (and common thing) on what might be happening.

* just as you indeed suggested too. Though, you can't install a same script twice. If you do that the previous installation will be overwritten. Only when the name of the script is different you can install a script twice.

@JimboDude: list all the scripts you have installed. You do this by going to Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts or by showing us the whole contents of your Scripts directory.

;)
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Jimbo on 10-18-2006 at 02:29 PM

Lol, i worked out the problem, i had Chat counter installed aswell as i downloaded it from his website, and then from the Script DB

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 10-18-2006 at 04:19 PM

quote:
you're wrong :D

Sounds TOO familiar :p

You're idea about it being another script backing up PSMs was something I would never have come up with. I almost wish it was that now. :D
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Jimbo on 10-18-2006 at 05:58 PM

spunky, have you got a date for the next release? and can it have the feature i suggested to you on WLM?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by hmaster on 10-19-2006 at 03:41 PM

Spelling Mistake:
Version = 3.7.7
In the Preferences
-> Language
It says Enlish, should be English.

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.7) by Spunky on 10-22-2006 at 09:30 PM

Hmmm... I changed it ages ago (I thought it was before it got released) My version says "English" so I haven't really been aware of it. Needless to say it's goingto be correct in the next version.

Version 3.7.8 is SOOO almost done. If I have a few hours tomorrow, it should be released then.

About languages... I know it was going to be a big feature, but right now, it's doing my head in trying to iron out little bugs (that seem to crash WLM for some reason btw). So in this version, they have been removed, however the supporting code is still there so it can be picked up again anytime I want.

New features include ability to turn the Media PSM off when "What I'm Listening To" is on. I was getting bugged by one of my testers for that feature for months. (hardest part was reading/writing the setting from registry ^o))

There is now a "Rotator" that allows you to have upto 10 message strings all being cycled through at a specified interval. It's only semi-completed, but it's about 90% done.

Those of you with a recent version of PSM+ should get find it using the "Check for Updates" function (or even more recent will find it automatically)

First Post will be updated and contain a link for the new download (will be added to scripts database shortly)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.8) by dylan! on 10-22-2006 at 10:06 PM

nice script I like it!!:banana:

good job(Y)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.8) by Jimbo on 10-23-2006 at 10:34 AM

Good update spunky but i prefered it when it displayed the person's first part of their email address because i have like 250 contacts and i don't want to go through and add a nickname for each one!

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.8) by Longinus on 10-23-2006 at 06:14 PM

Im having problems with installing this scipt bc I have to unzipp it  and dont know which part of it sorry for my bad english!

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.8) by Spunky on 10-23-2006 at 06:15 PM

Don't unzip it. When you download it, it should come as a .plsc file. (if it donwloads as .zip, rename it to .plsc).

(I hadn't set up the MIME Type for PLSC files) - fixed now

Then just double click the file to install it

@JimBobDude: It's more of a privacy issue. If you want it putting back, you'll have to change the code youself.

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.8) by Longinus on 10-23-2006 at 06:28 PM

ty for the help it works now

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by Jimbo on 10-23-2006 at 06:35 PM

quote:
@JimBobDude: It's more of a privacy issue. If you want it putting back, you'll have to change the code youself.
Lol did it earlier(:P) and lovin the update
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by SonicSpinner on 11-12-2006 at 11:56 AM

very nice script imo.

does anyone have the string which was used in the first page screenshot?

that looks very cool, i want that.

thanx

Sonic

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by Spunky on 11-12-2006 at 02:51 PM

First, make sure you have the latest version (Download)

Message String:

quote:
·$2Time:·$4 %time ·$|·$3 %chats ·$2Convo¬·$ | ·$2Status: ·$3%status·$ |·$3 %online·$ /·$4 %offline ·$2Online ·$|·$2Talking to: ·$4%current

Available Text:
·$3Available

Busy Text:
·$7Available

Very Busy Text:
·$4Available

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by Plan-1130 on 11-12-2006 at 08:56 PM

One thing I'm not very fond of is that /psm is used for opening the config window, maybe change it to /psm+, or /psmplus, or /psmconf. :)
Also in the PSM+ config window i've found a few things:
= when opened, it should show "General" tab as opened
= in the tab: "Advanced" the "Convert BBCode to 3.xx" checkbox covers the "Add Nicknames" button when mouse overed
= in "Rotation" tab the "Personal Message String" textbox doesn't show what the textbox says in the tab "General", maybe remove the textboxes in "Rotation" that are in "General" also? Maybe even join the "Rotation" and "General" tab.  It's a bit confusing...
= in "Rotation" tab it says "Select Stage:", and in the drop down list it says "State #"

Ok, ok, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I just had to inform you :)
Overall a very, very nice script, too bad I have to choose between Advanced PSM Chat I wrote myself, or PSM+ :S

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by elektra on 11-12-2006 at 09:02 PM

Can you fix the enhancer psm and intergrate it in to psm +

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by Spunky on 11-12-2006 at 09:12 PM

One thing I'm not very fond of is that /psm is used for opening the config window, maybe change it to /psm+, or /psmplus, or /psmconf

I'll change it to /psmconfig...

=when opened, it should show "General" tab as opened

It does as far as I know... What page is opening instead for you?

=in the tab: "Advanced" the "Convert BBCode to 3.xx" checkbox covers the "Add Nicknames" button when mouse overed

I don't seem to be able to recreate this and I think it's only been mentioned once before (possibly by you?) I will try and make the label shorter and it should resolve on it's own.

As for rotation... It's not actually finished yet, but when it is it will add a FURTHER 10 possible strings for the user to set. i've left is seperate as I want to ensure that it always has at least one string.

I should probably proof read my stuff, eh? lol

Any input is appreciated ;)

On a side note, I added a new feature tonight that displays the "Add Nickname" dialog if the contact you are conversing with has not got one set. This can be turned on and off in options (off by default ;))

This will be version 3.7.82 and will be available 13-Nov-06 (AM) GMT. Users with recent version will be notified as soon as an update is available

@Quacky: It's pretty much in full working order, I just need to find Shondoit to ask a few questions that I think he might be able ot help me with... At the moment, the child window the script creates steals the focus from whatever you're doing (such as typing a reply to someone).
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by Plan-1130 on 11-12-2006 at 09:26 PM

quote:
=when opened, it should show "General" tab as opened

It does as far as I know... What page is opening instead for you?

It shows General, but the tab is not selected...

=in the tab: "Advanced" the "Convert BBCode to 3.xx" checkbox covers the "Add Nicknames" button when mouse overed

I don't seem to be able to recreate this and I think it's only been mentioned once before (possibly by you?) I will try and make the label shorter and it should resolve on it's own.

It wasn't mentioned before by me, and I did it by holding the mouse over the Checkbox...

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by bgmrk on 11-12-2006 at 09:28 PM

is it possible you could combine this with a countdown tool, and i can't seem to get the rotation to work. ne suggestions?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by Spunky on 11-12-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bgmrk
is it possible you could combine this with a countdown tool, and i can't seem to get the rotation to work. ne suggestions?

Countdown/up is scheduled for a future release. As for the rotation, if you read the previous post, it states that it isn't complete yet. The reason it is still in is that I wanted to get a new release out and didn't want to go through the hassle of disabling it and putting it back right... Just ignore it for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
It shows General, but the tab is not selected...

Noticed that earlier... It's nothing major, I'll SEE if I can make it automatically "select" when opened.

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
It wasn't mentioned before by me, and I did it by holding the mouse over the Checkbox...

Other users of the script (me included) don't seem to have this problem and I don't know why it is only for some people and not others. I will fix it however for when it is released tomorrow.

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by bgmrk on 11-12-2006 at 10:35 PM

how long till we can expect an update, that makes rotational added in, and a counter?

RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.81) by CookieRevised on 11-13-2006 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bgmrk

There are already countdown scripts for the PSM available:
"CookieRevised's reply to Countdown for PSM/Nick" lists all of them.

----------------------------------

EDIT:
quote:
I can't access that link btw, it says I don't have permission (but shows me as logged in)
blah... sorry, that thread is in the beta forum, I'll request to move it.
moved, link is now accessible.
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Spunky on 11-14-2006 at 02:36 PM

Well 3.7.82 is out tomorrow so it obviously won't be in that release.  Next major version to be released will be 3.8.0.  With writing the code for the countdown section, it could take a while... Rotation is almost complete and shouldn't be much work. I need to update the list of "special words" and completley remove the language option from the menu (until future release). I'm also working on a help file to accompany the script to hopefully make it easier for people to use...

As I've kinda been learing code as I've gone along and I'm working on my own, it's taking me some time to get certain parts to work as they should. Features are coming in dribs and drabs, but the whole things is advancing at least. When you consider the original release of this script and compare the two, you will see the VAST amount of work that has been put into it.

quote:
There are already countdown scripts for the PSM available:
"CookieRevised's reply to Countdown for PSM/Nick" lists all of them.

I can't access that link btw, it says I don't have permission (but shows me as logged in)

I think he wanted to be able to use a countdown at the same time as using this script

New version released (A bit later than I expected :p)

Information will be updated in first post soon.

Usual download link - http://spunky.kemixx.net/PSM+.plsc
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by CyberPhreak on 11-19-2006 at 12:08 AM

Ehm, this might be a bit late posting, but I have some issues with this script. ITs seems okay and all that, but it just pisses me off, whenever I try to save my settings nothing happens. I try to add so I can show how many contacts online and stuff, but when I hit "Apply" or "OK" Nothing happens, my settings won't be saved... Any ideas?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Spunky on 11-19-2006 at 01:05 AM

Depends exactly which version you're using... If it's an older version (or from the scripts database) the script did used to have this problem but it has been sorted now and everything should be working perfectly.

I've just finished on this new version (3.8.0) which now (finally) includes the rotator function. The user can specify the interval/refresh rate and up to nine personalised message strings. The Enhanced PSM script has also been merged into this one as an advanced option for ease. Different from it's first release, Enhanced PSM now allows users to reposition it using either a GUI, or for more advanced users, by edting values such as "left" and "top". Languages aren't being supported right at this moment still, but will be reintroduced in the next (or next after that) release (hopefully ;)). Work is currently in progress for a CHM help file that will be included soon and there will also shortly be an update to the words list (which is LONG overdue :p)
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by CyberPhreak on 11-19-2006 at 01:41 AM

I tried your newest update, but I still have problems, no settings gets saved :S

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Spunky on 11-19-2006 at 01:51 AM

1) Make sure Debug is enabled by going to Messenger Plus' Preferences > Scripts (on the left hand side) and then ticking the "Enable Debugging Options (for script developers only)" box and then clicking "OK" or "Apply".

2) Open the Debug Window by going to the menu bar on WLM's Contact List > Plus > Show Script Debugging.

3) Copy all the text listed under "PSM+" and send it to me (either post it here or PM it to me).

For some reason it sounds like you may have an issue the ActiveX controls that read/write information to the registry. If that is the case, I will try and find out why this is happening and find a solution for you

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by SonicSpinner on 11-19-2006 at 02:36 AM

i also tryed the latest 3.8.0 version .
all my nicknames list are gone.
and the %current aint workign either.
just says Talking to:

my string is:

||Time Is %time || %chats Conversation || Talking to: %current || %online / %offline Online ||

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by CyberPhreak on 11-19-2006 at 02:57 AM

Skriptet starter
Skriptet er nå klart
Funksjon kalt: OnEvent_Initialize
TRACE: -----|       PSM+     |-----
TRACE: -----|      3.8.0    |-----
TRACE: -----| [S]punky[L][M] |-----
TRACE: -----|    572972710   |-----
Funksjon kalt: OnEvent_MyPsmChange
Funksjon kalt: OnEvent_Timer
Funksjon kalt: OnGetScriptMenu
Funksjon kalt: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Funksjon kalt: OnWndPrefEvent_CtrlClicked
i = 1:1
Funksjon kalt: OnEvent_ContactSignin

This is what I got, all I tried now was just adding %online at the end.

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Jimbo on 11-19-2006 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpinner
just says Talking to:

my string is:

||Time Is %time || %chats Conversation || Talking to: %current || %online / %offline Online ||
This is becasue you have to add nicknames for each contact.
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by CyberPhreak on 11-19-2006 at 11:16 AM

I mean my problem is that if I remove all the current gibberish which makes all the purple stuff and stuff, and just replace it with your string nothing happens it stays as the default line that comes with PSM!

RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by SonicSpinner on 11-19-2006 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpinner
just says Talking to:

my string is:

This is becasue you have to add nicknames for each contact.

i did that allready.
still didnt work, spoke with spunk last nite,

hes gonna fix it today and prolly a new rls will be out

Sonic
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Spunky on 11-19-2006 at 03:32 PM

I've fixed the %current problem, but now I'm having difficulty with the script appearing to overwrite it's settings. I can't find what is making it overwrite them so it's taking me a while to just run through the code. I appreciate your help in reporting these bugs as I cannot test every aspect of the script repeatedly for each release. I will try to fix the registry problem ASAP.

RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by SonicSpinner on 11-19-2006 at 07:38 PM

quote:
I've fixed the %current problem, but now I'm having difficulty with the script appearing to overwrite it's settings. I can't find what is making it overwrite them so it's taking me a while to just run through the code. I appreciate your help in reporting these bugs as I cannot test every aspect of the script repeatedly for each release. I will try to fix the registry problem ASAP.

God Bless The Spunky! :D

Sonic
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by MicroWay on 11-26-2006 at 09:52 PM

Uow!!!
Very nice script!!! Donload it, Run it and liked it!!!
Congratulations!!!
As Sonic said: "God bless Spunky" ;)
PS: :$ Again, sorry for PM you, it was my mistake...

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Spunky on 11-26-2006 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Again, sorry for PM you, it was my mistake...

Never be afraid to PM if you have problems... Thats what I'm here for :p
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by MicroWay on 11-26-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Never be afraid to PM if you have problems... Thats what I'm here for
Thank's....
Just one thing... Don't forget to update in the script the new "words" (%offline / %total...)...
;)
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Fuse on 11-29-2006 at 07:56 PM

good script :)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Jimbo on 11-29-2006 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuse101
good script :)
[offtopic]
When you post try to make it longer than that because people could regard that as spam and give you a neg rep. Sorry if i sound mean but posts like thar are soo anoying

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.7.82) by Spunky on 12-02-2006 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay

Don't forget to update in the script the new "words"

I was waiting for a proper release (Script database) before updating them :p There is a lot of work to do on this script if I want it submitting within the next few weeks

Updated the words list. I now urgently need people to translate this latest version. Once this is done, I may release this as a final build.  Attached is the language translation template file. If you would like to translate it for me, just download and then post the file back onto this thread so that people know which languages have already been done (else I keep getting asked for the same languages :P)
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by PAIN on 01-25-2007 at 04:04 PM

hi @ all,
i need help xD plz help me . Im noob and dont know how handle all these things.
Problem : I installed Chat Counter, but if i press the "Plus!" button i dont have "Chat Counter", so i have no settings .

i hope u can give me i clear and easy answer.
ty :)

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Jimbo on 01-25-2007 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAIN
hi @ all,
Problem : I installed Chat Counter, but if i press the "Plus!" button i dont have "Chat Counter", so i have no settings .

First, its called PSM+, the old version was called chat counter.
Next, go to plus>Preferences>Scripts and check that PSM
+(Chat counter) is enabled.
Hope this helps

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by PAIN on 01-25-2007 at 04:25 PM

yeah, its enabled , but still no (Chat Counter) settings after pressing "plus!".
ty for helping me

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by snAke_LeAder on 01-26-2007 at 05:22 PM

can't download, link broken ?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Zahid™ on 01-26-2007 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder
can't download, link broken ?
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/139-Chat-Counter/
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by snAke_LeAder on 01-26-2007 at 08:39 PM

thx

RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by PAIN on 01-29-2007 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAIN
hi @ all,

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Fantasy86 on 03-17-2007 at 12:51 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/139-Chat-Counter/
to this link there is the version 3.7.5
i want the beta version 3.8.2 or 3.8.0
can anyone send to me tnx

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by bauer on 03-19-2007 at 05:55 PM

thx

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by vicks75 on 05-16-2007 at 03:04 PM

Can someone send me the latest version?

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Deco on 05-16-2007 at 07:14 PM

Also looking for the last version...
Thanks

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by vicks75 on 05-20-2007 at 04:35 PM

Noone?? x(

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by dan2007 on 08-01-2007 at 07:35 PM

Anyone managed to find the last version before the site was taken down?, somebody must have saved it i mean come on lol :|

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Spunky on 08-01-2007 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dan2007
Anyone managed to find the last version before the site was taken down?, somebody must have saved it i mean come on lol :|
Not many people had it before it was lost as it was a BETA. I'm gonna start work again on this tonight, so it may not be identical, but it should be up to the same quality

Sorry to everyone about the loss of the old version and about the delay off the update

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by dan2007 on 08-05-2007 at 08:12 PM

Lookin forward to it (Y)(H)

Thanx

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by miserablecore on 08-06-2007 at 09:23 AM

Rather interesting script, I'll give it a shot and report back with any problems.

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by ebonez on 08-12-2007 at 02:19 AM

How do I get it to show how many contacts online or altogether other than just:   2 Chats Open | Current Status: Available

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Spunky on 08-12-2007 at 10:59 AM

change the msgstring to:

quote:
Online: $online / Offline: $offline

(I think this version uses $offline to show TOTAL contacts... it is changed in a newer version and $total is added)
RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Pete on 08-30-2007 at 01:12 PM

Im trying to download the latest Chat counter and it wont work :S

The link above is broken and when I try to download it from http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/139-Chat-Counter/ it downloads 3.7.0 again :S

RE: [Release] PSM+ (Version 3.8.0) by Jona on 08-31-2007 at 01:45 PM

*kuch* he's site is offline *-)

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 Beta by Spunky on 09-12-2007 at 06:45 PM

PSM+4 needs beta testers :D It's a complete re-write so it has lost a few features for the moment, but the code is more reliable and so on. Post here if you're interested

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by duck! on 09-12-2007 at 07:02 PM

*duck raises hand

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Chris4 on 09-12-2007 at 07:26 PM

* Chris4 is interested :D

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by toddy on 09-12-2007 at 07:28 PM

* toddy slaps SpunkyLoveMuff

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Spunky on 09-12-2007 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
toddy slats SpunkyLoveMuff

you in or out?

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by toddy on 09-12-2007 at 08:37 PM

quote:
quote:
toddy slats SpunkyLoveMuff

you in or out?
You put your right hand in
You put your right hand out
In, out, in, out,
shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around
That's what it's all about...

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Oxy on 09-12-2007 at 08:42 PM

I'll be willing to do it, spunky. :D

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Jimbo on 09-13-2007 at 05:31 AM

I'll test it for you mate if you want :D:D

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Spunky on 09-13-2007 at 01:24 PM

BETA testers have all been chosen... If you PM me with your WLM addresses I can send the file to you and you can report back any problems. (Also, look at the first post for an updated list of special words)

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Oxy on 09-13-2007 at 03:58 PM

Spunky, seeing as the list is gone, i assume the testers are the few that opted for it in this thread?
If so, i'll PM my WLM address now (although it is on my profile :tongue:)

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by toddy on 09-13-2007 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
Spunky, seeing as the list is gone, i assume the testers are the few that opted for it in this thread?
see the first post in the thread nub
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by Oxy on 09-13-2007 at 04:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
see the first post in the thread nub
Yeah, but i don't usually read 14-paged threads from the first page, especially if i've read it before :P.
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 BETA by sirlemons on 09-21-2007 at 09:21 PM

Could I Please be a BETA tester?
I also have an idea, could you add the date to the new version.

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 09-28-2007 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sirlemons
Could I Please be a BETA tester?
I also have an idea, could you add the date to the new version.

Unfortunatley, BETA testers have already been chosen and the testing is in progess.

The date has already been implemented in the new version and it is also possible to chaneg the format of the date. If you have any more suggestions though, feel free to post them and I'll will see about adding them to the next release.

Be sure to check back now and then to be sure of getting the latest release as soon as it comes out

Download now available. First Post updated with information

Download Here:
[Release] PSM+ 4
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Jimbo on 09-28-2007 at 09:06 PM

Can you bring back the currently talking to feature? and use emails?

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by QuoteTheRaven666 on 09-29-2007 at 12:26 AM

Ah, my dear Spunky and your scantily clad avatar, did you manage to get a personal message switcher in? Where it switches between a number of PSM's which can be set with a timer like I mentioned in my topic? That would be swell!

*goes away to...er....not....touch himself to your picture*

Dammit, this thing doesn't update automatically. I had no chats open and the bloody thing said I still had 1 chat open. =\

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 09-29-2007 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by QuoteTheRaven666
I had no chats open and the bloody thing said I still had 1 chat open

It updates every 10 seconds.

quote:
did you manage to get a personal message switcher in?

That will be in 4.1. The code to do this in previous versions started to get overly complicated

quote:

%current is back in. If you want it to use emails, you can just set the users nicknames to emails. I suggest that you don't due to privacy issues and the like...
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Jimbo on 09-29-2007 at 09:32 AM

quote:
quote:
I had no chats open and the bloody thing said I still had 1 chat open

It updates every 10 seconds.

quote:
did you manage to get a personal message switcher in?

That will be in 4.1. The code to do this in previous versions started to get overly complicated

quote:

%current is back in. If you want it to use emails, you can just set the users nicknames to emails. I suggest that you don't due to privacy issues and the like...
Thats long though, i have like 300 contacts, last time there was some code you could take out, i remember you telling me on WLM, can you still do that? If you dont want to post, pm:P
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 09-29-2007 at 09:43 AM

I might add a secret registry key, just for you ;) But it still won't show the whole email

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Jimbo on 09-29-2007 at 01:48 PM

quote:
I might add a secret registry key, just for you ;) But it still won't show the whole email
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by QuoteTheRaven666 on 09-29-2007 at 02:12 PM

Um. It doesn't change. I used the ALT 0160 trick and it worked....once. Then it stopped. My computer clock said 10:12AM, and my PM time still said 10:09AM. Real nice script. -.-

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 09-29-2007 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Um. It doesn't change. I used the ALT 0160 trick and it worked....once. Then it stopped. My computer clock said 10:12AM, and my PM time still said 10:09AM. Real nice script. -.-

Would you care to post your message string so that i can see what the problem is... There is no need to comment on the quality of the script if there is a small problem with it...
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Jimbo on 09-29-2007 at 07:43 PM

quote:
quote:

And can you bring back the how many chats open feature? or is it still there and im just stupid :P
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by toddy on 09-29-2007 at 08:04 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

And can you bring back the how many chats open feature? or is it still there and im just stupid :P
%chats
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 10-01-2007 at 11:41 AM

quote:
And can you bring back the how many chats open feature? or is it still there and im just stupid

I think all features of the old version have been put back in and re-written. As toddy said, %chats is for current conversations

Has anybody that has downloaded experienced any problems similar to QuoteTheRaven666 where it's not updating?
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by foaly on 10-01-2007 at 11:46 AM

well clicking update now doesn't appear to do anything...

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 10-01-2007 at 12:25 PM

This was an error to do with trying to check if another scirpt was setting the PSM... I've removed this part of the script and now it's working again. I'm going to have to use a different method to find incompatible scripts.

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Jona on 10-06-2007 at 09:54 AM

some bugs here...
1st: config window (see attachment)
2nd: doesn't update in 10 seconds
3th: Update PSM now! doesn't do anything
4th: Edit nicknames doesn't do anything too

Script Debug:
(Update PSM now!: )
> Functieaanroep: "OnGetScriptMenu"
> Functieaanroep: "OnEvent_MenuClicked"
(Edit Nicknames: )
> Functieaanroep: "OnGetScriptMenu"
> Functieaanroep: "OnEvent_MenuClicked"
> Functieaanroep: "OnnicknamesEvent_CtrlClicked"
> Functieaanroep: "OneditnickEvent_CtrlClicked"

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Berger on 10-06-2007 at 12:11 PM

Great script, but shouldnt it update itself automatically? (If it does, how long does it takes?)

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 10-06-2007 at 03:33 PM

There is an error in that version which causes it to not update. Please wait for the next release soon. these are not official releases...

RE: RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Berger on 10-07-2007 at 08:29 AM

quote:
There is an error in that version which causes it to not update. Please wait for the next release soon. these are not official releases...

Okay, good to hear :)
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by QuoteTheRaven666 on 10-11-2007 at 01:46 AM

Wow.....this topic's relegated to the 2nd page O.o

BUMP

Any new updates? I personally can't wait for this script. This script will be the pinnacle of PSM's.

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by worldbeat on 10-15-2007 at 03:55 AM

Im slow,so what about the %status  thingy.is it still there?

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 10-15-2007 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by worldbeat
Im slow,so what about the %status  thingy.is it still there?

Not yet. I'm thinking about adding it back in, but I'm not sure it was actually that popular... I might just be lazy and use %status to show the messenger status
RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by nox on 12-03-2007 at 06:01 PM

Hey man i've been trying to contact you for a while. Please respond mi PM or connect to your msn... i added you

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by riahc4 on 12-10-2007 at 01:02 AM

Crashes 4.50/9.0 but works nonetheless. BTW where do we see our city's code? In the URL (SPXX0114)?

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by Spunky on 12-14-2007 at 12:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Crashes 4.50/9.0 but works nonetheless. BTW where do we see our city's code? In the URL (SPXX0114)?

I don't see any reason for it crashing under 9.0... i'm currently developing it in MP!L 4.5 so it's not that; and SPXX0114 is your city code

Added a new keyword to the script in honor of MP!L 4.5... %skin. Prety obvious what it's for, but thought it's be a nice addition.

RE: [Release] PSM+ 4 by pray2win on 03-15-2008 at 09:59 PM

i cant delete some things
because i dont want the program to eddit my PSM but just to if i type %(command) that he reply's
but delete doesnt work?

Why?
-->
Because i combine other Scripts
if you type stats i want to reply it with all stats

(which a other script can do:))