Shoutbox

News... at last! :) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: News... at last! :) (/showthread.php?tid=6455)

News... at last! :) by Patchou on 03-20-2003 at 11:41 PM

Hello!

I'm back on tracks! sorry for the lack of updates but I had so many tyhings to do in the past weeks that I had to put Messenger Plus! on the side a little. So, first, yes I'm still alive and yes, Messenger Plus! developement continues... next update will fix all the voice chat/remote assistance problems in Messenger 5 and will, finally, be available in a lot of different languages! Speaking of which, I have one request: I have to test the multi-language feature before I ask to a lot of translators to do their work, for that, I would need people speaking french who want to contribute to contact me (send me a private message with "French Translation" in the title). They will be the first to translate Messenger Plus! so that I can validate that everything is fine.

On another topic, I want to inform all of you that T-Shirts and other cool material with the Messenger Plus! logo will be soon available, as long as a great new web site with lots of information in it. I want to concentrate on writting documentation to help all of you solve your problems and use Messenger Plus! at its full potential... it's useless to add features if most people don't already use the existing ones.

Thank you for all your support everyone! during the past weeks, more than 70,000 people have been installing Messenger Plus! daily! this software is a huge success and it's all thanks to the efforts of everybody involved.

Patchou

RE: News... at last! :) by Spiff on 03-20-2003 at 11:51 PM

I'm definitely not surprised that 70 000 people have been installing :plus2: daily! It's such a great addon, it's the best one out there (on the web).
You are the man Patchou :bow:...
Thank you, thank you.

RE: News... at last! :) by Dane on 03-20-2003 at 11:52 PM

70,000 DAILY!, wow, that is tons!  lol, Writing documentation, I thought that was my job ~_~, lol.

Anywayz, Right now my main focus is on Making Plus! Support Videos!

RE: News... at last! :) by Guido on 03-21-2003 at 12:00 AM

Plus support videos? well... :P

Patchou, glad to hear from you again (after 5 minutes of talking :gfdrin:)

I hope i'm helping you as much as i can :)

Go go patch!

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Muss on 03-21-2003 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DaneSmith
70,000 DAILY!, wow, that is tons!  lol, Writing documentation, I thought that was my job ~_~, lol.

Anywayz, Right now my main focus is on Making Plus! Support Videos!

Well it is actually literally tonnes :P

70 infact :D

I am surprised there are that many installing it, soon the world will run out of people to install it :P
RE: News... at last! :) by Mnjul on 03-21-2003 at 05:00 AM

Oh wwwwwhat? the pre-final release is gonna be here!:D:D:D

Patchou I'm so happy hearing that, for me 70000 installations a day means over 2 MILLION a month! huge!

RE: News... at last! :) by Addo on 03-21-2003 at 05:47 AM

HURRA!!!!!!!!! :D

RE: News... at last! :) by segosa on 03-21-2003 at 07:03 AM

YaY! I can't wait for the next version!!!!!! :D

RE: News... at last! :) by sttati on 03-21-2003 at 07:17 AM

Good to hear you're back :)

RE: News... at last! :) by Wabz on 03-21-2003 at 10:14 AM

yey well done Patchou

RE: News... at last! :) by --Ajakkes-- on 03-21-2003 at 03:21 PM

and when will the final version release?

RE: News... at last! :) by Mnjul on 03-21-2003 at 03:32 PM

Don't ask that;)every time Patchou release MP2s all of a sudden...He never gives a date or something. Yet I hope by April 1st.

RE: News... at last! :) by dom. on 03-21-2003 at 06:20 PM

All u have to do now patchou is add the custom me feture :grin:

RE: News... at last! :) by 2Pac on 03-21-2003 at 06:20 PM

70,000 DAILY wow!! that's nice to hear, and it's only the beta, whats gonig to happen when the final realase comes out?? prolly much more downloads, but anyways wat to go Patchou (Y)(Y)

RE: News... at last! :) by Bugz on 03-21-2003 at 06:59 PM

now that's good news

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by D:Frag on 03-21-2003 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Don't ask that;)every time Patchou release MP2s all of a sudden...He never gives a date or something. Yet I hope by April 1st.

Let's get the pressure on :lol:

:D Just joking :P  congratz on the success of the program :clap:
RE: News... at last! :) by riball on 03-21-2003 at 08:49 PM

Well it the 1st of april would be kuwl, my birthday is the 2nd of april so it would be a great birthday present :)

RE: News... at last! :) by Sick0 on 03-21-2003 at 11:43 PM

well 70,000 a day... i download i like 30,000 a day :P

so it's only 40,000  ;) if you don't count mine :P

RE: News... at last! :) by Choli on 03-22-2003 at 12:11 AM

Well done! :refuck:
:clap: Patchou! :bow:

RE: News... at last! :) by Dadoef on 03-22-2003 at 12:23 AM

Nice job Patchou, as always. Hope you'll manage to get things quickly fixed. So the world can enjoy :plus2: in their own language. Keep up the good work

RE: News... at last! :) by kittyangel on 03-22-2003 at 02:19 AM

wow, 70,000 daily, it's so good!  good work, Patchou!

RE: News... at last! :) by Patchou on 03-22-2003 at 06:02 PM

Thank you for your support everyone :). Release date? of course not :p. As soon as the multi-language thingy will be completed (this weekend) and some bugs fixed (this weekend too) I want to try to add something great in the software to thank all of you.

The final release won't probably be public for April first. Translation into different languages will take time. My guess would be 10 April but, don't take it too seriously.. could be before or after.

Patch.

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by segosa on 03-22-2003 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thank you for your support everyone :). Release date? of course not :p. As soon as the multi-language thingy will be completed (this weekend) and some bugs fixed (this weekend too) I want to try to add something great in the software to thank all of you.

The final release won't probably be public for April first. Translation into different languages will take time. My guess would be 10 April but, don't take it too seriously.. could be before or after.

Patch.

and please add all those great suggestions made by me in the suggestions forum!!!!!!! :D

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=6582
RE: RE: News... at last! :) by bach_m on 03-22-2003 at 06:42 PM

quote:
The final release won't probably be public for April first. Translation into different languages will take time. My guess would be 10 April
Patch.

APRIL 10??? kick ass! my birthday!!!!
RE: RE: RE: News... at last! :) by user2319 on 03-22-2003 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
quote:
The final release won't probably be public for April first. Translation into different languages will take time. My guess would be 10 April
Patch.

APRIL 10??? kick ass! my birthday!!!!

I just hope it gets delayed 3 days.. :refuck:

13 April = my birthday..

Patchou! why did you had to give a date?? that's bad for you  and for MP2.. :cry:
RE: News... at last! :) by Crazybertje on 03-22-2003 at 08:55 PM

Well, my birthday is in november, so patchou you can take all the time you want.....:-)

RE: News... at last! :) by dom. on 03-22-2003 at 11:58 PM

* dom. wonders how Patchou is gonna fit all those PS2's in MP2 :-/ :grin: :wink: :happy:

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Mnjul on 03-23-2003 at 03:41 AM

quote:

Patch.

hoooo don't care about translation Patchou we translators will make it in no time after English version's released!
RE: News... at last! :) by 2Pac on 03-23-2003 at 04:48 AM

of course us translators will do it in no time for you Patch

RE: News... at last! :) by snoop dogg on 03-23-2003 at 07:10 AM

Good ol' trusty u.s products ...Like zippo(Y)

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Muss on 03-23-2003 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
* Raddie wonders how Patchou is gonna fit all those PS2's in MP2 :-/ :grin: :wink: :happy:

:undecided:

What do you mean 'all those'??

There are only two PS2's beign sent out from patchou to forum members at any stage soon.

* Muss and chromo

along with forum staff shirts.

* Muss is still waiting :@

* Muss is sure chromo is aswell :P
RE: News... at last! :) by may_be8 on 03-23-2003 at 04:37 PM

Is there MSN Messenger plus! for Mac.

I'd like it but the download doesn't work

RE: News... at last! :) by renekwik on 03-23-2003 at 06:35 PM

I have joined today but to see the amount of peeps that have installed messenger plus is music  to my ears as there will be plenty of help out there as I am not one of lifes brightest sparks lol lol  but I get there eventually "with a little help from my friends" lol lol what makes u think I'm a beetles fan lol lol any way just wanted to say Hello names Irene by the way

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by 2Pac on 03-23-2003 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may_be8
Is there MSN Messenger plus! for Mac.

I'd like it but the download doesn't work

there's no Plus! for Mac.
RE: News... at last! :) by fluffy_lobster on 03-23-2003 at 08:35 PM

quote:
I have to test the multi-language feature before I ask to a lot of translators to do their work, for that, I would need people speaking french who want to contribute to contact me (send me a private message with "French Translation" in the title)
Huh?  I thought you were French, Patchou. :s
RE: News... at last! :) by musicalmidget on 03-23-2003 at 08:54 PM

Canadian isn't here? :confused:

RE: News... at last! :) by fluffy_lobster on 03-23-2003 at 09:09 PM

Yeah but French speaking.  I believe MP1 said something like "as French as ever" in the about box.  His english isn't perfect so i woulda hoped his french was pretty good.

RE: News... at last! :) by Johnny_Mac on 03-23-2003 at 10:06 PM

Patchou is french, and lives in Canada.... He is testing something with the multilangauge and needs french people to help. :P

RE: News... at last! :) by Patchou on 03-24-2003 at 02:14 AM

yeah and this summer I'll have my canadian citizenship so I'm sure I wont have to go back to France ever again :p.

For PS2... well Muss, as soon as I win to the lottery, I'll send you one. However, I give you the right to buy MP2 shirts if you want (soon soon soon).

Multi-language support is almost done. I'll send an email to french translators this evening so that they can test it. And yes, I'm french but I don't have the tiem to translate a 30KB text file.. it was painful enough to extract all the text from my software :).

Patch.

RE: News... at last! :) by bibi_50 on 03-24-2003 at 09:45 AM

Oki doki

Patchou , si tu désires un traducteur 'french speaking' en plus, je me porte volontaire

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Mnjul on 03-24-2003 at 11:23 AM

quote:
yeah and this summer I'll have my canadian citizenship so I'm sure I wont have to go back to France ever again :p.

For PS2... well Muss, as soon as I win to the lottery, I'll send you one. However, I give you the right to buy MP2 shirts if you want (soon soon soon).

Multi-language support is almost done. I'll send an email to french translators this evening so that they can test it. And yes, I'm french but I don't have the tiem to translate a 30KB text file.. it was painful enough to extract all the text from my software :).

Patch.

30KB?:wall:We'll finish it in 30 Seconds!:grin:
RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Wabz on 03-24-2003 at 02:05 PM

quote:

Patch.

Thats gotta BE AN awful lot of text
RE: News... at last! :) by rh on 03-24-2003 at 04:14 PM

hi!

i am looking forward for the new version. would be nice, if you could also include the notification windows for new pop3 email. thanks a lot! :D

rh

RE: News... at last! :) by [white]shark on 03-24-2003 at 07:51 PM

I haven't even looked at all posts yet, but hearing from you again is always a good thing, have fun translating and fixing, Patch, ciao...

Greetz

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Guido on 03-24-2003 at 11:11 PM

quote:
For PS2... well Muss, as soon as I win to the lottery, I'll send you one.
what about your designer? :'(

:gfdrin:

;)
RE: News... at last! :) by s7a5 on 03-27-2003 at 11:25 PM

good job pika........chuuu

RE: RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Chrono on 03-30-2003 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
* Raddie wonders how Patchou is gonna fit all those PS2's in MP2 :-/ :grin: :wink: :happy:

:undecided:

What do you mean 'all those'??

There are only two PS2's beign sent out from patchou to forum members at any stage soon.

* Muss and chromo

along with forum staff shirts.

* Muss is still waiting :@

* Muss is sure chromo is aswell :P

Yup, Im waiting for it

U have to give them to us Patchou as U said U would do it... :dodgy:
RE: News... at last! :) by tomfletcherman on 04-02-2003 at 05:27 PM

im a bit slow, but do u mean ps2's as in playstation 2's or sumthing else?

RE: RE: News... at last! :) by Wabz on 04-02-2003 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
im a bit slow, but do u mean ps2's as in playstation 2's or sumthing else?

Read the rest of the thread and you'd understand
RE: News... at last! :) by jlo on 04-06-2003 at 03:30 AM

Can't wait for the new version!

shibby! by barns on 04-07-2003 at 01:26 AM

hey patchou, ive got some french blood in me, i know the words...if you need my help at all im here!

GOOD WORK ON MSG PLUS!!!

RE: News... at last! :) by lyssa2006 on 04-07-2003 at 11:04 PM

You created this thing but yet you cant tell new users how to sign on once they have gotten....Im a new user and I dont kno how to sign on. Please tell me and give me step by step directions and please dont leave anything out.

-Lyssa2006

leave the msg at the email address: menefee2006_30@hotmail.com

RE: News... at last! :) by Guido on 04-08-2003 at 12:43 AM

Sign on to what?? Msgplus just adds features to Messenger, its not a different program.

RE: News... at last! :) by Johnny_Mac on 04-08-2003 at 07:03 PM

Could all support topics be reported in the Help & Support section of the forum.

More news about Messenger Plus! Including Plus! t-shirts, sickers and mugs...

Find out more here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=7839

---
Topic closed.