Shoutbox

[Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows (/showthread.php?tid=64601)

[Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows by biboscura on 08-07-2006 at 02:49 PM

As in the previous version 3.X , where u were able to truncate the nicks on the chat windows. It was really useful, because is annoying to chat with a person that has a nickname really long.

Thank u very much for your attention. I really hope to see that feature in the next version.

RE: [Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows by kmcbest on 08-07-2006 at 03:05 PM

If you add nick then the nick will show, simple.

RE: [Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows by markee on 08-07-2006 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kmcbest
If you add nick then the nick will show, simple.
Um, no it won't.  It will only show their display name or that is the only thing for me.  Am I missing something?
RE: [Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows by biboscura on 08-08-2006 at 02:50 PM

i dont mean that.

I mean that i dont want to see the whole nick of my friends within the chat windows.

for example:

"John aaaa bbbbb cccc eeddddeeeee ffff ggggg saaaaa fffff says:"

is too long and is annoying. I would like an option to truncate the name to 4 characters, and this way I would see:

"John says: "

Just how it was in msgplus 3.X

RE: [Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows by Intosia on 08-08-2006 at 03:43 PM

Just enable show email adresses, no hassle with long and wierd nicknames... Best option in MSN :)

RE: [Request] Truncate nicks in chat windows by Matti on 08-09-2006 at 02:14 PM

I think the best way is to set a nickname for that person, like "John".
The problem is that it will be visible in the chat and contact list, but I don't know any alternative. :(

Of course, when StuffPlug 3 is released, you can ask the person to download it and set a Chat-Only name, which is an SP3 feature. ;)