Shoutbox

[REQUEST] would like a /clear script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script (/showthread.php?tid=64606)

[REQUEST] would like a /clear script by Lukeyy19 on 08-07-2006 at 04:54 PM

i was going to have a crack at this myself, but after some snooping around i realsed i needed to start with something simpler first.

So could someone please make some sort of script that recreates the /clear command of the old Messenger Plus Versions or similar?.

As i have gone to clear the convo window a few times before and sent the message "/clear" to a few contacts, confusing them.

Thanks

Lukeyy19

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by tony on 08-07-2006 at 05:00 PM

There's already one script, use the search function next time.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64...d=706754#pid706754

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by Lukeyy19 on 08-07-2006 at 05:16 PM

but that one does not keep the 1 last message sent, which i would like. as thats what the previous /clear function did.

is there a way to tell it to copy that and then put it in the new opened window somehow?

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by Spunky on 08-07-2006 at 05:33 PM

Do you want the last message you sent to be copied or the last message your contact sent or just the last message?

you can save the last message to a variable when when it sent/received and then when the chat window reopens. The problem is to put it back in the chat window again, i think you'd need to actually send the message again though... :s

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by Lukeyy19 on 08-07-2006 at 05:40 PM

just the last message sent, by whoever, well then if it would need to be resent is it posible to just delete everything above the last message in the current window? rather than making a new window? or will i just have to wait for the next version of Plus! and see if its there?

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by Spunky on 08-07-2006 at 05:41 PM

You can't (as far as i'm aware) remove ANY text out of the chat window, else it'd be realy simple to clear it wouldn't it? :p

One of the more advanced users might know a way to do it, but you may have to wait for next version or just go without it

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by leachy08 on 08-10-2006 at 08:02 AM

You can do it by closing the window and then reopening it but this will clear the last message. This however can be changed in WLM where WLM can show the last few posted items. I will have a look tonight to see if it possible

RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by RaceProUK on 08-10-2006 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
You can't (as far as i'm aware) remove ANY text out of the chat window
You can, but it's very difficult to do so without screwing up the formatting.
RE: [REQUEST] would like a /clear script by Lukeyy19 on 08-10-2006 at 10:34 AM

oh never mind then, i thought it would have been simple, but i will just wait, thanks anyway