Shoutbox

Script database - Average File Rating Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Script database - Average File Rating Problem (/showthread.php?tid=64653)

Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Huhu_Manix on 08-08-2006 at 02:17 PM

Just look at this :

The average file rating is 5.34/5.00

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Zahid™ on 08-08-2006 at 02:26 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64648
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64646

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 06:45 PM

who reset the values?

now it looks like everybody voted mine 0

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Felu on 08-08-2006 at 06:52 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=710293]

Weird :S.

RE: RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
[Image: attachment.php?pid=710293]

Weird :S.

i fixed mine:refuck:
alittle, i got it up to 3.03:P which is still far below the 4.35 i used to have
this seems unfair, i didn't make such a bad script:P

edit: AWWW, they have all disappered

it shoud have been a reCOUNT not a reSET

{EDIT 2}
[Image: attachment.php?pid=710297]
THATS NOT FAIR!!!

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Thor on 08-08-2006 at 08:07 PM

This is very bad, iTunes+ was at the top... 8-)

How are everyscript supposed to get back their rating?

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
This is very bad, iTunes+ was at the top... 8-)

How are everyscript supposed to get back their rating?
yeah everything is 0 now, and for those that HAD hundreds of votes, it would take AGES to get it back because 1 vote only does like .02
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by absorbation on 08-08-2006 at 08:20 PM

It makes no sense why the database would do that. Very confusing ...

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
and humiliating for those that look at the votes and see such crappy ratings
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ddunk on 08-08-2006 at 08:22 PM

quote:
It does make sense. The voting system has/had a "security flaw" (I guess you can call it that) that was exploited.
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
quote:
It does make sense. The voting system has/had a "security flaw" (I guess you can call it that) that was exploited.
but thats no reason to RESET the votes, and that wasn't even done, they were just all set to 0, and it still being done, i saw it get reset to 0 several times
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Thor on 08-08-2006 at 08:50 PM

See this?!
:S

This is truly not right!

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 09:00 PM

SOMEBODY FIX IT ALREADY

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NanaFreak on 08-08-2006 at 09:23 PM

ok where are the other nine???

[Image: dbstuffup2zg2.jpg]

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Huhu_Manix on 08-08-2006 at 09:23 PM

I put me at the top because all rating was '0' ! :P

No really i don't know what happening :s

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NanaFreak on 08-08-2006 at 09:25 PM

yes but where are the other nine script. there is only one there

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Huhu_Manix on 08-08-2006 at 09:27 PM

Doas Patchou know that ?

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NanaFreak on 08-08-2006 at 09:28 PM

Patchou doesnt deal with the scripts DB its MenthiX that does and i dont think he does now about it

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Huhu_Manix on 08-08-2006 at 09:31 PM

Ok

15 minutes ago there's no script :
[Image: attachment.php?pid=710378]

EDIT : "The average file rating is 3.5/5.00" ^^'

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ShawnZ on 08-08-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
quote:
but thats no reason to RESET the votes, and that wasn't even done, they were just all set to 0, and it still being done, i saw it get reset to 0 several times

thats no reason to reset the votes eh? then what should have been done? 8-)
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ddunk on 08-08-2006 at 10:29 PM

Calm down people :/ it's not THAT big of a deal. There's no real security risk, it'll just hurt your e-egos. Menthix said he'll fix it tomorrow so be patient. :<

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
quote:
quote:

the problem should have been fixed, not fucked up more

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ShawnZ on 08-08-2006 at 10:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
quote:
quote:

the problem should have been fixed, not fucked up more

and fixing the bug would have helped the problem how? the ratings would still be fucked up.
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Menthix on 08-08-2006 at 10:37 PM

Heh :rofl:, seems like there is a flaw in paFileDB. If somebody feels like it, go to paFileDB 3.5.3 Demo and see if it also happens there. I will take a look at the code tomorrow and fix it. All the votes on each script will probably be reset back to 0 votes and no rating to make it fair for everyone.

---

quote:
thats no reason to RESET the votes, and that wasn't even done, they were just all set to 0, and it still being done, i saw it get reset to 0 several times
That's just people exploiting the flaw in the voting code. I haven't reset or done anything. In fact, I haven't done anything at all in the scripts DB last couple of days because my harddisk crashed and I haven't been online much last couple of days.
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ayjay on 08-08-2006 at 10:40 PM

This is fun. You can make script pages be unable to open :P

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ddunk on 08-08-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
If somebody feels like it, go to paFileDB 3.5.3 Demo and see if it also happens there.
Yep \o/.
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by NiteMare on 08-08-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Heh :rofl:, seems like there is a flaw in paFileDB. If somebody feels like it, go to paFileDB 3.5.3 Demo and see if it also happens there. I will take a look at the code tomorrow and fix it. All the votes on each script will probably be reset back to 0 votes and no rating to make it fair for everyone.

---

quote:
thats no reason to RESET the votes, and that wasn't even done, they were just all set to 0, and it still being done, i saw it get reset to 0 several times
That's just people exploiting the flaw in the voting code. I haven't reset or done anything. In fact, I haven't done anything at all in the scripts DB last couple of days because my harddisk crashed and I haven't been online much last couple of days.
oh, so will the votes be recounted later?

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ayjay on 08-08-2006 at 10:43 PM

quote:
If somebody feels like it, go to paFileDB 3.5.3 Demo and see if it also happens there

http://demo.phparena.net/custdemos/9pxjhiv89ppe/i....php?act=view&id=1

:P
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by ShawnZ on 08-08-2006 at 10:56 PM

quote:
quote:

---

quote:

what do you mean recounted? the votes have been modified, they're _gone_ as far as i know...
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by alexp2_ad on 08-08-2006 at 10:58 PM

Arrgghhh!  I lost my high rating for iTunes+. :o

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!

* alexp2_ad cries himself to sleep

RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Menthix on 08-08-2006 at 10:58 PM

quote:
After I made the fix, every script in the DB will get reset back to 0 votes and no stars.

That's the same as a script that is newly added to the DB. I have no way of getting back the original ratings before all this happened (we don't know when it happened the first time anyway), so this is the most fair thing to do.
RE: Script database - Average File Rating Problem by Chrono on 08-08-2006 at 11:01 PM

Closed then :P