Shoutbox

Should the "lock Messenger" be disable by default? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Should the "lock Messenger" be disable by default? (/showthread.php?tid=64687)

Should the "lock Messenger" be disable by default? by kmcbest on 08-09-2006 at 10:08 AM

I'm saying this because first, no everybody need to lock Messenger, this option need NOT be activated by default, as many don't know why when Ctrl+space is accidentally pressed, and Messenger dissapears. And what's more, Ctrl+space is reserved to switch to Chinese input method in almost all Windows Chinese versions, which means that this key combination is not "accidentally" pressed for us, thus many of my friends who are invited to use MP!L got confused immediately when they want to type some Chinese....

Personally I'd like that this option (ctrl+space as default lock key) to be "False" by default, and people will find it if they really need it. Or change to another key, (I'm using ctrl+` as lock key), thanks.

RE: Should the "lock Messenger" be disable by default? by zach on 08-09-2006 at 10:27 AM

It isn't, you when you first press ctrl+space, it asks you if you want to enable the feature.
Also, in the configuration wizard, it asks you if you want to enable the feature.

RE: Should the "lock Messenger" be disable by default? by kmcbest on 08-09-2006 at 10:31 AM

Oh, really, it's like this now, I remember.

RE: Should the "lock Messenger" be disable by default? by RaceProUK on 08-09-2006 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kmcbest
And what's more, Ctrl+space is reserved to switch to Chinese input method in almost all Windows Chinese versions
I'd also like to add that Ctrl+Space is an Intellisense shortcut, used to bring up an auto-completion list. While this won't affect most users, for developers using Visual Studio and similar tools it's a very important issue.