Shoutbox

Problems with Scripts database - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Problems with Scripts database (/showthread.php?tid=64724)

Problems with Scripts database by cooldude_i06 on 08-09-2006 at 11:41 PM

Did anyone else notice that sometimes scripts get all their rating data reset? This has happened to one of my scripts twice now.

Also the scripts database hasn't been updated in 10 days. I sent in a script 9 days ago and I haven't heard a reply.

PS: This is not a rant.  Just informing the proper people.

RE: Problems with Scripts database by cloudhunter on 08-09-2006 at 11:47 PM

There have been some problems with the database with people exploiting a bug to get higher ratings. The scripts were reset due to fixing the bug, and deleting all ratings to stop people still having high ratings after exploiting the bug.

It should be fixed though now...

Cloudy

RE: Problems with Scripts database by markee on 08-09-2006 at 11:48 PM

See Bug in MsgMpluslive.net voting for the reason behind it being reset.  Also I think MenthiX also mensioned in there that he has been having some problems with his computer and that's why the database hasn't been updated.

RE: Problems with Scripts database by Menthix on 08-09-2006 at 11:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
the scripts database hasn't been updated in 10 days. I sent in a script 9 days ago and I haven't heard a reply
That's true and I'm sorry for that. Some problems came together last couple of days, including a HDD crash on my system. All scripts which were submitted last couple of days will be reviewed within the next 24 hours... I'm catching up on everything now.