Shoutbox

Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system (/showthread.php?tid=64745)

Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system by schumi88schumi on 08-10-2006 at 05:38 PM

hi, i just installed the windows live messenger and msgplus live (latest version). few scripts imported (like the screenshot and the stealDP script) but they don't work. I can see them in the scripts list in the configuration window, but when i open my chat window and scroll down the Plus pull down menu, i can't see any of them to be selected to use.

Even typing the exact command, eg \dpget does not get me anything (it says the command is not found)

can someone help? everyone seems to be happily using the scripts. why is this happening to me?? help please..:^)

(pls see attachment)

RE: Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system by alexp2_ad on 08-10-2006 at 05:46 PM

Commands begin with a forward slash, which could be why your command failed.

And the script menu is under the plus ICON menu in the convo and the chat window.

RE: Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system by Menthix on 08-10-2006 at 05:58 PM

alexp2_ad said it right, but I was already working on this, so:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=711356]

:)

RE: Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system by schumi88schumi on 08-10-2006 at 06:26 PM

guys, thank you so much! i was still thinking "MSN 7.5". Time for a change! Thank you thank you thank you to MenthiX and alexp2_ad. thanks!

RE: Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system by schumi88schumi on 08-10-2006 at 06:29 PM

also, seems like the stealDP command was just changed after i filed this problem :)

Select your target contact, open up a conversation with that contact and say "^stealdp" (without the quotes), there you go!

instead of \stealdp  or /stealdp?

RE: Just moved to Live, need help with scripts - they don't work on my system by alexp2_ad on 08-10-2006 at 07:49 PM

Well, script developers can add any method of command they want really, and (unfortunately, imo) some use unusual things like that instead of going with the /