Shoutbox

[IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... (/showthread.php?tid=64746)

[IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by problem-solver-wlm on 08-10-2006 at 05:41 PM

yo
I would love a script that is pop-up that allows you to read your emails and delete them because i really need one and im sure many other people would want this script
anyway is it possible?

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by Spunky on 08-10-2006 at 07:08 PM

This might be hard to do as it's more web based. On the other hand, it might not be too hard as it should just be a matter of using POP3 to get the info.

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by Voldemort on 08-10-2006 at 07:13 PM

Actually, you can't use POP3 with hotmail/msn emailds anymore, you have to pay.

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by Spunky on 08-10-2006 at 07:17 PM

So, it'd work for people that do pay ;)

Doesn't Outlook still download messages though or something? I remember there being a big thing about it. How does WLM access your emails? There must be a way to hook into that. I'm quite interested in this because I want a script to detect how many emails I've got in my Hotmail account...

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by dodos622 on 08-10-2006 at 09:05 PM

Windows can track how many emails you have.

I use the Logitech G15 keyboard and it also shows how many emails I have.

I dont know how that works. But I think it is possible to script that option.

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by Chancer on 08-10-2006 at 09:09 PM

do you want something like a "mini browser"??

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by CookieRevised on 08-10-2006 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by problem-solver-wlm
yo
I would love a script that is pop-up that allows you to read your emails and delete them because i really need one and im sure many other people would want this script
Why don't you use a email client for managing your email? They are made for that...

Webbased, pop3, whatever, what you ask for is as good as a full blown email client.

It is possible to make as a script, but the time and above all the effort to make something like that is something not many are willing todo as there are already hundreds of email clients which do exactly what you want (and more).
RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by Sunshine on 08-10-2006 at 11:34 PM

Not in a script but more like an email client Cookie is on about (only without downloading the e-mail to your computer):

Mailwasher Pro (buy, checks multiple email accounts)
Mailwasher Free (checks one email account only)

RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by RaceProUK on 08-11-2006 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dodos622
I use the Logitech G15 keyboard and it also shows how many emails I have.

I dont know how that works.
The same way as the unread e-mail count on the Welcome Screen. There's a Registry value with your unread mail count. Messenger sets it whenever it gets the count, and the keyboard's driver reads it and sends it to the keyboard for display.
RE: [IDEA]a popup that allows you to read..... by problem-solver-wlm on 08-11-2006 at 12:48 PM

well i dont no the settings for outlook ......to compicated for me