Shoutbox

Custom Locked Screen - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Custom Locked Screen (/showthread.php?tid=64775)

Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-11-2006 at 08:25 AM

Does anyone know how to get a different logo for the "This computer is locked" screen?

RE: Custom Locked Screen by RaceProUK on 08-11-2006 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
Does anyone know how to get a different logo for the "This computer is locked" screen?
Is this with the XP Welcome Screen type thing, or the older NT-style dialog? Changing anything on either will likely require some reshacking.
RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-11-2006 at 09:30 PM

Its on windows XP. the computer locked screen

RE: Custom Locked Screen by RaceProUK on 08-12-2006 at 12:27 AM

That doesn't really help me much, since there are two types of locked screen.

RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-12-2006 at 12:37 AM

its the one you get when you press ctrl +alt + delete and then click lock computer

ok so i tried to change the bitmap in folder 101 called 1033. i replaced it with another bitmap. its the same hight and width. i click save and when i open it again its already reset to the way it was before
RE: Custom Locked Screen by kotjze on 08-12-2006 at 12:40 AM

quote:
its the one you get when you press ctrl +alt + delete and then click lock computer
You could also press the windows key + L.
RE: Custom Locked Screen by RaceProUK on 08-12-2006 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
You could also press the windows key + L
Different screen mate [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
quote:
The old NT-style one. That in fact may be easier to skin, as it's a standard window. Therefore, it's possible to have a program running that looks for that window, and changes the stuff on it when it's showing.
RE: Custom Locked Screen by kotjze on 08-12-2006 at 12:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
You could also press the windows key + L
Different screen mate [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
No actually, if you use the old style login screen, pressing win key + L brings you to the same place as ctrl + alt + del => Lock Computer.
RE: Custom Locked Screen by pollolibredegrasa on 08-12-2006 at 11:20 AM

System32\msgina.dll

I think this fie is the one you are looking for. It has a couple of "locked computer" dialogs along with the classic logon screen etc.

Using reshacker, they are dialog 1400, 1500 and 1900 on my laptop (Windows XP SP2 English).

Hope this helps in some way.

[offtopic]
On a side note, a look at dialog 2210 (Shutdown event tracker) shows the people at MS have a slight sense of humour :P
[/offtopic]

RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-12-2006 at 03:16 PM

where do i get reshaker

RE: Custom Locked Screen by Rik on 08-12-2006 at 07:01 PM

quote:
where do i get reshaker
here
RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-12-2006 at 09:05 PM

thanks, im trying it now. i found the picture im gonna see if i can replace it

RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-13-2006 at 05:19 AM

ok i tried it and now it wont let me replace the dll file becauswe its already in use. how do i get around that?

RE: Custom Locked Screen by matty on 08-13-2006 at 06:18 AM

Save the file to the C Drive. Restart the computer and while its restarting keep tapping F8. Once it says Windows Advanced Options Menu use the Arrow keys to go to safe mode and press enter. then press enter on the screen to select your operating system. then login and try and replace the file.

Alternately you can try and press CTRL+ALT+DEL and find explorer.exe and end the process. Then click File > New Task and find the file on the c drive copy and paste it to the system32 folder then press cancel and in the run box type explorer.exe.

RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-13-2006 at 07:07 AM

ok niether of those worked. do you know how to start windows xp in dos mode? and how do i use the move command

edit:
nevermind i know how to make a dos disc from icrosofts help thing now. but how do i use the commands. i dont even know if this'll work

RE: Custom Locked Screen by linx05 on 08-13-2006 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
[offtopic]
On a side note, a look at dialog 2210 (Shutdown event tracker) shows the people at MS have a slight sense of humour :P
[/offtopic]

Could you show us this picture please?

Remember to backup your files michael_m91!
RE: RE: Custom Locked Screen by pollolibredegrasa on 08-13-2006 at 09:37 AM

Just a side note to replacing "critical" system files:

Windows has a built in mechanism that will detect file changes to certain system files, and restore the original file (if it can be located - if not it will prompt for the Windows installation disk).

You can read more here and here. A Google search will provide more information on the subject.

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Could you show us this picture please?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=712620]

RE: Custom Locked Screen by michael_m91 on 08-14-2006 at 06:05 AM

it never worked. i couldnt find the dll backup folder :(