Shoutbox

WLM Desktop Freezes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: WLM Desktop Freezes (/showthread.php?tid=64816)

WLM Desktop Freezes by Eddie on 08-12-2006 at 04:33 AM

Hello, does anyone here use the new windows live mail desktop build they just released, if so would anyone know why mine keeps freezing and saying "debug" when i cant debug :S

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Felu on 08-12-2006 at 05:55 AM

I just Upgraded to the new version and was having the same problem. At first i was very disapointed[Image: msn_sad.gif]. But then i closed WLM and uninstalled WLMD and installed it again. It did the trick for me. See for yourself [Image: msn_wink.gif].

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Eddie on 08-12-2006 at 06:15 AM

Yes, that worked :) im liking the new look :P but i found a few bugs :P

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Felu on 08-12-2006 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Yes, that worked [Image: msn_happy.gif] im liking the new look [Image: msn_tongue.gif][Image: msn_tongue.gif] but i found a few bugs
Im glad that worked. I also like the new look but the problem is that the url bug (i.e. when you click on a url it opens your temporary folder or documents and settings folder) still isnt fixed [Image: msn_sad.gif]. I have reported this to microsoft 5 times and i havent recieved a responce yet [Image: xso_undecided.gif].
RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Eddie on 08-12-2006 at 06:20 AM

Ouch that sucks :( when i added an account or two i got tons of ici and .chk and .exe stuff on my desktop which is really annoying :@

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Hank on 08-12-2006 at 07:41 AM

post a screenie of the new look for others if you can :)

RE: RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Felu on 08-12-2006 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
post a screenie of the new look for others if you can :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=712132]

Thats it. And now its a public BETA. Download it from http://ideas.live.com ;).

Edit : Sign up here and then download from here
RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Oxy on 08-12-2006 at 08:50 AM

I tried everything i can do to download the desktop beta, however all i manage to do is sign up for updates and then nothing happens!! Am i doing something wrong?:P

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by 4penguino on 08-12-2006 at 09:12 AM

i got it working now and thanks that worked -!Fleu!- well done its cool

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Felu on 08-12-2006 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by luke-fish
I tried everything i can do to download the desktop beta, however all i manage to do is sign up for updates and then nothing happens!! Am i doing something wrong?[Image: msn_tongue.gif]
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

quote:
Originally posted by 4penguino
i got it working now and thanks that worked -!Fleu!- well done its cool
Its -!Felu!- not -!Fleu!- :P.
RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Oxy on 08-12-2006 at 09:19 AM

Thanks felu, what a class member!

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by vaccination on 08-12-2006 at 09:34 AM

I also like the new look, and had the same problem. And there are a few bugs. But it is nice so :P

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Thor on 08-12-2006 at 09:56 AM

I haven't got any bugs, but when  started it my desktop got 10 new file! :S
Some .tmp, res1, res2... :S

And the new look is fanseh! :D

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Kenji on 08-12-2006 at 03:54 PM

owwww it needs service pack 2 :(

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Salem on 08-14-2006 at 02:44 PM

WLM Desktop doesn't freeze for me coz i cant even get the new build to work. I can't sign in using my Windows Live ID i used on older build, it tells me something about the Windows Live ID not having "e-mail permissions" or something like that:s

~Salem(@)

RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Felu on 08-14-2006 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
WLM Desktop doesn't freeze for me coz i cant even get the new build to work. I can't sign in using my Windows Live ID i used on older build, it tells me something about the Windows Live ID not having "e-mail permissions" or something like that:s

~Salem[Image: msn_cat.gif]
Are you using your gmail ID? If yes the it wont work at all. WLMD's default email can just be the ones with a inbox provided by Live services *-). Moreover you must sign up here to use it as an default id with WLMD. That what i do. I have signed up with my hotmail id and i basically use my Gmail ID with WLMD.
RE: RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Salem on 08-14-2006 at 03:20 PM

quote:
quote:

Are you using your gmail ID? If yes the it wont work at all. WLMD's default email can just be the ones with a inbox provided by Live services *-). Moreover you must sign up here to use it as an default id with WLMD. That what i do. I have signed up with my hotmail id and i basically use my Gmail ID with WLMD.

I'm using a gmail ID. The odd thing is, it has worked perfectly in the old Windows Live Desktop Mail build, but won't work in this refresh.

I did also sign up using my Windows Live ID credentials quite a while back, which allowed me to use Windows Live Desktop Mail with my Gmail a/c.

~Salem(@)
RE: RE: RE: WLM Desktop Freezes by Felu on 08-14-2006 at 03:27 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm using a gmail ID. The odd thing is, it has worked perfectly in the old Windows Live Desktop Mail build, but won't work in this refresh.

I did also sign up using my Windows Live ID credentials quite a while back, which allowed me to use Windows Live Desktop Mail with my Gmail a/c.

~Salem(@)

Strange it didnt let me use the Gmail ID the old version too . The solution to your problem is sign up for a hotmail account and then sign up here. Make it as your Default Email for WLMD and configure the Gmail ID after signing in at WLMD.