Shoutbox

Webcam disconnects wireless connection - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam disconnects wireless connection (/showthread.php?tid=64843)

Webcam disconnects wireless connection by jordanspringer on 08-12-2006 at 10:04 PM

Hey, I have never had any problems using webcams with Windows Live Messenger, until today. I am trying to have either a webcam, or Video Call with one specific contact. My webcam works with every other contact on my list, but with this one contact, if I try to view their cam, get them to view mine, or have a video call, it always says Connecting... then it disconnects my computer from the internet!

I am using a Di-524 router from Dlink, and a USB Adapter to pick up the wireless signal on my PC. The firmware on the router is up to date, and nothing seems to work, anyone ever experience this?

RE: Webcam disconnects wireless connection by splarch on 09-22-2006 at 02:44 PM

I'm having a similar problem, but its not llimited to one contact.

I can get the cam session started and conected, but then MSN just disconnects itself.

My wireless appears to be fine as I can still browse and my other IM apps are still connected.

This problem doesn't occur all the time, but when it does, I have to reboot my PC to stand any chance of maintaining MSN connectivity and the cam session.

Cheers.