Shoutbox

Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message (/showthread.php?tid=64846)

Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-12-2006 at 11:35 PM

I dont know what it is anymore i tried everything searching it no help. My display name shows my email noxious.01@hotmail.com, when ever i try to change it nothing happens just stays the same its not the computer i tried it on a different computer and its the same thing its the account i can change the display name on other email fine.

Anyone know a solution to this?

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by petepablo on 08-13-2006 at 10:42 AM

i've been having the same problem, dude, for about 1 month now.
i aready wrote to the support of that and so on, but when it got complicated they just didn't answer anymore, not even when i kept writing.
and you can't change your display picture, only you can see if you change, try...
and you can't use some things from wlm.
the support from WLM doesn't help you...they suck.

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-13-2006 at 11:43 AM

yes thats exactly whats happening to me i searched everywhere

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-14-2006 at 09:35 PM

anyone........

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by lemonade on 08-14-2006 at 09:37 PM

well i read some where that i some times disables features of wlm if you have patched windows live or installed skins

if you have remove them see if that makes a difference
if it dosnt repair the wlm files

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Oxy on 08-14-2006 at 09:40 PM

I had that problem, but one day it went back to normal... say, have you activated your email account?

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-15-2006 at 10:35 AM

its a hotmail account it doesnt need to be activated i used this email for a while now and before 2 weeks i could change the name fine and everything but than it just stopped idk wth happened and as i mentioned its not the files i tried it on two different computers same thing and other email works fine

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by webbyhull on 08-15-2006 at 11:09 AM

i am having the same problem,

again i tried to contact the support but just didnt get a reply!

i ahve also noticed that other people have said i am not on there list anymore!

i have the latest build and i am on XP service pack 2

any1 fuond a solution to this?

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-15-2006 at 02:01 PM

well i personally think its something server sided before that happened i clicked delete profile on the msn spaces thing o_O i created a new one but nothing

EDIT: found another problem i cant see some of my contacts online even tho they are online and talking to me

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by webbyhull on 08-15-2006 at 04:04 PM

same here, i cant see ppl online

i have also tried to check my online status on websites when i know i am online but they report i am offline!!

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-15-2006 at 04:32 PM

the people see me online but i dont see them if u use a web messenger it works fine o_O

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Oxy on 08-15-2006 at 07:23 PM

Problem with wlm then... server issues probably... complain to microsoft enough times they might think about it:P

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SlickUnit
the people see me online but i dont see them if u use a web messenger it works fine o_O

Clear the messenger cache, you can find instructions around...

It may help...
RE: RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-15-2006 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
quote:

Clear the messenger cache, you can find instructions around...

It may help...

already tried doesnt work i tried it on a different computer to never had msn on it before still doesnt work,

quote:
Originally posted by luke-fish
Problem with wlm then... server issues probably... complain to microsoft enough times they might think about it:P

ill try installing 7.5 and see if it works but i doubt it everything works fine on web messenger and emessenger tho

EDIT: ok works fine on msn 7.5

EDIT:: nope i can change my name while im online but as soon as i sign out it goes back to the same name hm weird

and i still dont see people online even on msn 7.5 wtf
RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 10:25 PM

Do you use ZoneLabs firewall?

Cloudy

RE: RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by SlickUnit on 08-15-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Do you use ZoneLabs firewall?

Cloudy

no i dont use a firewall at all

well i gave up guys im using a new name this is bs
RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by webbyhull on 08-20-2006 at 05:31 PM

anymore issues surrounding this? its really starting to get on my nerves now lol

emailed them god knows how many times and i dont even get a thankyou for emailing email! tutut

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by soulja4christ on 08-22-2006 at 02:29 PM

hey man im having that same problem only my email shows up and when i try to change it nothing works. someone please tell me what to do!!!

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by webbyhull on 08-23-2006 at 07:54 AM

hi there

i finally got a responce from microsoft! they told me to make sure that messenger was using the cache on the machine! tried that didnt work!!!!

they then said if that dont work then goto a url cos they have a dedicated team to WLM - hmmm! that was where i went in the first place to report it!!!!

will keep ya updated!

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Steveku on 08-26-2006 at 02:31 PM

Hey dudes. I had this problem as well. I kinda fixed it by signing onto web messenger and changing my name. I logged back onto the real msn and hey presto for some reason I can change my display name and crap.

WTF is going on?

Oh and you need to re-add your contacts. :(

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Charmageddon on 08-30-2006 at 03:22 PM

i've been having the same problem.
I can't chance my display name and the people see me online but i dont see. :S
can someone help me?

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by webbyhull on 08-31-2006 at 09:21 AM

i tried all that and still nothing, any1 else have any ideas?

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Teabegz on 08-03-2007 at 06:13 PM

i can change my name and all fine. but my display pic wont change :S

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by peaudzob on 09-22-2007 at 02:18 PM

quote:
I dont know what it is anymore i tried everything searching it no help. My display name shows my email noxious.01@hotmail.com, when ever i try to change it nothing happens just stays the same its not the computer i tried it on a different computer and its the same thing its the account i can change the display name on other email fine.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Try confirming your email adress of you haven't already. That's how it worked for me. I couldn't change my name before confirming my email adress, but since then...problem solved!!
RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Jenalise on 03-24-2008 at 07:07 AM

Guys i have the same problem to how do i fix it i couldn't sleep because of that.I try to change my display name but then my email keep apearring  help !!!!!!!!!!:@

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Jenalise on 03-26-2008 at 06:04 AM

Hey when i first have Msn i put my name (Jenalise ) But then one day it came back to my msn so i went to options and then nothing happened it couldn't fix it :| Farout !
Can anyone help but when i confirmed my account (email) It said do no need to comfirm ! help !!!Please

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by Ðj¶å$$îºñ on 05-10-2008 at 05:25 PM

What you do is go to where the name is you want in msn

click Copy and take it to the part in msn you are changing like youre e mail addy

click on the box you are adding what you have clicked copy on for pasting it in and press the ctrl key and letter V key together that pastes it in.

You can also use the prog ASCII Maker to do your own fancy lettering . In top line write anything you want and it changes it into 2nd line and you copy it from there to where you want it ...

(Y)(Y)

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by x-alix-the-dark-x on 09-02-2008 at 01:38 PM

that was happening to me but i just fixed it if you have msn plus and you have any scripts delete them thats what i did and it worked ^_^

RE: Cant Change MSN Display Name / Personal Message by NeSsiKa on 09-02-2008 at 02:19 PM

iono if its this youre talking about, but i had this problem.

my msn would change to my email and sometimes like the name i signed up with. Not my display name or personal message. It was really annoying. I remember trying to change my sign up name with my display name. I cant remember if it works or not but its gone now.