Shoutbox

Automessage - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Automessage (/showthread.php?tid=64867)

Automessage by malone on 08-13-2006 at 02:19 PM

hi, well in a long time ive tryed to get a addon to msg+ that is like the autoanswer in msg discovery X...  like when someone types "hi"... your msn automatically answer "hello"... you get it?. Does ANYONE know if this sort of addon is available for download?. Thnx

RE: Automessage by Sunshine on 08-13-2006 at 02:24 PM

Auto hey 1.0 maybe?

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-13-2006 at 02:26 PM

nah not only the Hi... u should be able to customize the answers and WHAT msn should answer on

RE: Automessage by Sunshine on 08-13-2006 at 02:36 PM

Well, might be a bit of work but you could edit it in the script? I had a look and it seems very much possible to me.

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-13-2006 at 02:37 PM

hmmm... the auto hey script? :S

RE: Automessage by Sunshine on 08-13-2006 at 02:44 PM

Or you could ask the person who wrote it to put in boxes for putting in other words/sentences and replies.

To have a look at the coding install the script then go to Plus > Preferences > Scripts..select the autohey one and click "edit" button (remember aslong as you don't tell it to save nothin will happen to it..and you'll always have the original plsc to reinstall if need be).

Edit: i had a lil mess about in the script myself to test....

code:
*/   
var hi = 'Hi :)'
var bye = 'laters :wave:'
var on = '1'

i changed the var on hi (wich is what will be answered) and added a var for bye...next:
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin, Message, MessageKind)
{
if (on == '1'){
if (Origin != Messenger.MyName){

if (Message.match(/(^|\s+)(\*)?hello(d|s)?(\*)?($|\s+)/i)!=null)
{
ChatWnd.SendMessage(hi);

Those lines set what it should answer on...so to that i added (after the list of hi and before the closing }
code:
if (Message.match(/(^|\s+)(\*)?bye(d|s)?(\*)?($|\s+)/i)!=null)
{
ChatWnd.SendMessage(bye);
}
if (Message.match(/(^|\s+)(\*)?laters(d|s)?(\*)?($|\s+)/i)!=null)
{
}
if (Message.match(/(^|\s+)(\*)?cya(d|s)?(\*)?($|\s+)/i)!=null)
{
}
if (Message.match(/(^|\s+)(\*)?cu(d|s)?(\*)?($|\s+)/i)!=null)
{
}

End result: a hey script that answers on hi and bye....

Edit 2: I'm sorry but at the moment i don't know of any better than doing it this way. Maybe a scripter finds him/herself challenged to code a full autoresponder script (bot?) with windows to put in sentence and reply to sentence (like a Q and A).
RE: Automessage by Sunshine on 08-14-2006 at 07:21 PM

*Bump*

Due to only searchin in the script DB for a possible script i overlooked [Release] Answer Machine Plus..my apologies for that....

You can find it in the Script DB now at http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=119

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 10:32 PM

hmmm... sorry if im stupid but x).... how to install/enable this script :S... never seen anything like it before

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 10:59 PM

click the link sunshine gave you and scroll down a bit on the page you are taken to and click download, wait for it to download then click "Run/open" when the dialog box appears. MP!L will then show a dialog box asking if you want to install, tick the accept box and click install. Now the script is installed and operational.

Hope this helps. :)

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 11:03 PM

well if i select "run". the file just open in txt.... thats why i really dot get it :S

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 11:07 PM

Hmm, what browser are you using?

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 11:08 PM

mozilla

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 11:15 PM

Okay, in mozilla firefox, do the same but when the dialog box apears after clicking download select "open with.." and make sure it says "Messenger Plus! Live Tools (default)" in the box beside it, then click okay. MP!L will then show a dialog box asking if you want to install, tick the accept box and click install. Now the script is installed and operational.

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 11:17 PM

i only got "plsc_auto_file" :S... to open with

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 11:18 PM

Do you have Messenger Plus! Live?

RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 11:27 PM

well right now everything seems like sh*t. It looks like i did not have Messenger Plus! Live... and when ive tryed to install it, it just fuc*s up.  Tell me that its done but it aint!...

*edit* does i really really need 8.0 for Messenger Plus! Live

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 11:32 PM

Okay uninstall it from add/remove programs. ( start > control panel > add remove programs ) Then reinstall it from www.msgpluslive.net/download and click download now.

quote:
Originally posted by malone

*edit* does i really really need 8.0 for Messenger Plus! Live
Yes.
RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 11:36 PM

ok guys, i must be retarded or something like that. But i really dont get this. To me it looks like i really need to get 8.0 to get the Answer_Machine_Plus to work so... u guys dont need to help me, i know how frustrating it is when ppl dont understand. Ill just leave it ...

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 11:39 PM

quote:
ok guys, i must be retarded or something like that. But i really dont get this. To me it looks like i really need to get 8.0 to get the Answer_Machine_Plus to work so... u guys dont need to help me, i know how frustrating it is when ppl dont understand. Ill just leave it ...

Yes, you HAVE to have 8.0 to install MP!L, also this will make the script work.
RE: Automessage by malone on 08-14-2006 at 11:39 PM

can i still have my old addons like stuffplug activated?

RE: Automessage by vaccination on 08-14-2006 at 11:41 PM

quote:
can i still have my old addons like stuffplug activated?

No, but there will be an update of stuffplug soon which will work.

And for other plugins, you can search the scripts database for "scripts" which add features and work in MP!L

scripts database here