Shoutbox

Sort by email account - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sort by email account (/showthread.php?tid=64880)

Sort by email account by stayup on 08-13-2006 at 10:32 PM

I installed msg-plus because its one feature.
That is, not only sorted by email account but also display the nickname.

However, the latest version is seem to be removed.

I want to sort my member list by email account, but I don't want to display their email account only on my screen, like stayup@hotmail.com.

Does msg-plus still has this above feature or I just ignored it?
Thx for answering me.

RE: Sort by email account by albert on 08-13-2006 at 10:33 PM

This is already in Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger.

To show this, simply open your contact list, in the top menu, select :

CONTACTS /

SHOW CONTACTS BY /

and then click on "by email adress".

Hope it helps.

RE: Sort by email account by markee on 08-14-2006 at 06:29 AM

Nicknames have been now incorporated by WLM and so Patchou has left them out of the current release of MP!L (as he is recoding it from scratch).  If however this feature is not improved in WLM then I think Patchou is planning on putting this back into plus! for us.  At the moment you have the choice of using WLM's nickname feature and listing them alphabetically according to their displayname or the nickname you give them or you can display them by their email.  I'm sorry you can't do it the way you wanted but we will just have to wait out a bit for it.

RE: Sort by email account by stayup on 08-16-2006 at 05:51 PM

Alby, you mistook my question.
I knew the MSN messenger has already added the function you mentioned  to the elder version. It can sort by e-mail address but without display the nickname. That's the most important reason why I use msg-plus.

However, thanks a lot.

And thx markee, that means I still have to wait the latest version...sigh...

By the way, can plus! possible make us see the display pics of the contact users in front of their nicknames but not only a little green guy.

Thx for answering me and plz forgiving my poor english.

RE: Sort by email account by Sunshine on 08-16-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stayup
By the way, can plus! possible make us see the display pics of the contact users in front of their nicknames but not only a little green guy.

Mess patch can do that for you, make sure you get the correct version for your WLM version.

For WLM  8.0.0812 - Mess Patch 8.0.0812 - Generation 4
RE: Sort by email account by kmcbest on 08-18-2006 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:

Mess patch can do that for you, make sure you get the correct version for your WLM version.

But the "busy"/"away" sign could not be displayed in the minimized DP, I have to use "detailed" mode to see if a contact's busy or away.
RE: Sort by email account by Felu on 08-18-2006 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kmcbest
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:

But the "busy"/"away" sign could not be displayed in the minimized DP, I have to use "detailed" mode to see if a contact's busy or away.
Try this Patch. http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org/ . It is the original patch who's feature was later integrated into Mess Patch.
RE: Sort by email account by Dave on 08-18-2006 at 03:00 PM

If u click 'show details' under the manage contacts button in the top right corner, it shows u the contact's display pictures rather than a little green guy.

RE: Sort by email account by kmcbest on 08-18-2006 at 03:01 PM

Integrated? in Mess patch 0812? I'll go find it, thx!
---------------------
Is this the Integrated feature?
31.Show Contact Status In Contact List ¹ (English Only)

I think I'll try that patch as it claims to be compatible with non-eng versions.

RE: Sort by email account by fugazer on 11-14-2006 at 12:26 AM

quote:
I installed msg-plus because its one feature.
That is, not only sorted by email account but also display the nickname.

However, the latest version is seem to be removed.

I want to sort my member list by email account, but I don't want to display their email account only on my screen, like stayup@hotmail.com.

Does msg-plus still has this above feature or I just ignored it?
Thx for answering me.

I always hesitated to upgrade to the new MSN Live/Messenger Plus Live due to this very reason.. The only reason i use Messenger Plus is to have this percise feature...

..I really hope a new version comes addressing this issue or i'll have to go back to old school msn / Messenger Plus.
RE: Sort by email account by jkenn99 on 11-14-2006 at 01:18 AM

I have really missed this a lot since WLM came out. I wonder if it would be possible for someone to do in a script. Anyone know?

RE: Sort by email account by moo113 on 11-14-2006 at 09:54 PM

Installed Windows Live today to find the same problem. I want to be able to see my contacts personal names but sorted alphabetically by email address. What a disappointment.

Back to 7.5 it seems.

RE: Sort by email account by jkenn99 on 11-24-2006 at 03:00 AM

It is too bad there have been no helpful replies. I was really hoping someone would know how to change this.