Shoutbox

Help: Sending File - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Help: Sending File (/showthread.php?tid=64936)

Help: Sending File by saralk on 08-15-2006 at 08:47 AM

Is there any function that is called when the user sends a file? I tried OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage but nothing happens when a file is sent.

RE: Help: Sending File by Dempsey on 08-15-2006 at 09:02 AM

There are no events atm no, there originally was a SENTFILE item in the MessageKind Enum, but it was removed.

The only ways of detecting a file transfer is using Active Accesability or Protocol Sniffing.

RE: Help: Sending File by markee on 08-15-2006 at 09:03 AM

you could use when Messagekind == 0 which is unknown.  The only problem with this is that it will do anything that isn't a specific message kind.  I'm not sure how else you could do it.  Or there is also the possibility that you can monitor the received files folder (you can get it's directory from a registry setting).

RE: Help: Sending File by saralk on 08-15-2006 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
you could use when Messagekind == 0 which is unknown.  The only problem with this is that it will do anything that isn't a specific message kind.  I'm not sure how else you could do it.  Or there is also the possibility that you can monitor the received files folder (you can get it's directory from a registry setting).

I tried that, no file transfers come up at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
The only ways of detecting a file transfer is using Active Accesability or Protocol Sniffing.

How would you do that in JS?

RE: Help: Sending File by Dempsey on 08-15-2006 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey

How would you do that in JS?
Active accesability may be possible to use an event hook and AccessibleObjectFromWindow as you can from C++, but not sure.

For protocol sniffing, you should be able to use [Release] Xniff (ActiveX Packet Sniffer) - Examples inside