Shoutbox

[Doubt] Contact information. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Doubt] Contact information. (/showthread.php?tid=64962)

[Doubt] Contact information. by Deco on 08-15-2006 at 06:44 PM

Hi guys,

When we right-click on a contact and check their info we can see last online.

How do I access this information at runtime?

Also, is there a way to change the tooltip that comes up when I hover the mouse above the contacts?

Thanks guys!

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 06:46 PM

That still will only tell you when they were last online from plusses records, not when they were last online full stop...

Cloudy

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by Deco on 08-15-2006 at 07:00 PM

That works for me though.

My thing is.. I have my MSN pretty much 24/7 and sometimes I want to know when a friend of mine was last online. Or if I just missed that hot chick :)

Sure that works if I right-click on each of the contacts individually and then hit contact info.

My idea is to alter (if possible) the tooltip that comes up when mouse is over the contact so it shows Last Online: .. as well.

Thanks for the reply

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 07:02 PM

Well it's not possible unless patchou decides to add it to Plus!, or a script does advanced hooking to retrieve it. I don't think a script could even access the last time online though...

Cloudy

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by alexp2_ad on 08-15-2006 at 07:06 PM

The contact list clean up window shows everyone's offline time, which is quicker than looking individually.

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by Deco on 08-15-2006 at 07:23 PM

Since we're talking about it...
Anyway you guys think is possible to retrieve last online info from the server itself?

RE: RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by alexp2_ad on 08-15-2006 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Anyway you guys think is possible to retrieve last online info from the server itself?

No.
RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 07:34 PM

A bit more of an explanation:

No, because it is impossible to get information from the servers that it doesn't provide using the protocol...

The server probably doesn't even store that information itself...

Cloudy

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by Deco on 08-15-2006 at 09:53 PM

Well I was messgin around with my registry and I found that you can get the info from last online there. At least the way you see on the Contact Info thing. The only problem is .. the email and last online data is encrypted.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your@email.com\Contacts

Is the path. Anyone willing to help me out on this one?

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 10:20 PM

But getting that to show in a tooltip is another matter... Although if you could decrypt it then you could perhaps have a command that shows the offline time in a toast maybe? :/

RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by CookieRevised on 08-15-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
How do I access this information at runtime?
You can't, as you have found out yourself why (the email is decrypted in the registry).

(cloudhunter: a script could in theory perfectly retrieve that information since it is stored in the registry... if it wasn't for the encrypted email)

quote:
Also, is there a way to change the tooltip that comes up when I hover the mouse above the contacts?
No, there are no common ways to do this (unless you hook Messenger like Plus! does).

quote:
If you mean the time logged by the msn servers (thus also for the contacts you do not have on your list): Privacy invasion... thus no.

(cloudhunter: that kind of stuff IS logged as that is often used in issues involving account theft and lost passwords and stuff)

quote:
The only problem is .. the email and last online data is encrypted. Anyone willing to help me out on this one?
There is nothing to help out on unfortunatly.... There is currently no (publically known) way to decrypt the contact's email so you can retrieve the info.
RE: [Doubt] Contact information. by Deco on 08-15-2006 at 11:00 PM

That's what I meant by help.. trying to decrypt it. I'll give it a shot this week and weekend and I'll let you guys know if I had any sucess.

Unless Patchou wants to share it with us ! :)